Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If you play the game without any of the DLC you're in for sad times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Roman posted:

If you play the game without any of the DLC you're in for sad times

Besides, redeeming the DLC codes actually makes the early game much, much better and gives you chances for much better loot and all the extra quests much earlier.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Kiranamos posted:

My friend and I just got the Legendary Edition to play through together, and we're wondering if we should redeem the code for all the DLC first, or wait? Or does it not matter?

Yeah redeem now

Make sure you guys do the refer-a-friend quest too.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

How can Jeff only have 37 kills total but it gives him credit for 68 primary kills? :psyduck:

Probably assists

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
I recently decided to switch from disk to digital for destiny on my ps4. the only option available was the collection upgrade so i went with that. But i noticed that the rise of iron expansion is not appearing in my addon section as pre-ordered and the ROI expansion is still apearing in the psn store for me as able to pre-order as a separate item, is this meant to happen?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

I want to play Destiny but I haven't played since the day Prison was released what should I do

I stopped playing after finishing The Taken King. I could recommend the blades quests. The blades are awesome. All of Taken King is awesome, a combination of spooky and cool.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Legion of One posted:

I recently decided to switch from disk to digital for destiny on my ps4. the only option available was the collection upgrade so i went with that. But i noticed that the rise of iron expansion is not appearing in my addon section as pre-ordered and the ROI expansion is still apearing in the psn store for me as able to pre-order as a separate item, is this meant to happen?

lmao the playstation store is really dumb about associating dlc with stuff, youre probably going to have to buy it again

also looks like we have a new altessian guys, two copies for the same console

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Destiny 3: A Combination of Spooky and Cool

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Xur selling UR this week so that's gonna make the next few days pretty drat hilarious.

It showed up for sale a few months ago too, but I think it was before everyone had registered what an OP piece of poo poo it is.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
:siren: Attention Bone Krew :siren:

go to the Slack general channel to sign up for the first official Bone Krew Tournament

Entry is FREE and there are PRIZES!!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

:siren: Attention Bone Krew :siren:

go to the Slack general channel to sign up for the first official Bone Krew Tournament

Entry is FREE and there are PRIZES!!

Where do I select the "garbage tier" box?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Kiranamos posted:

My friend and I just got the Legendary Edition to play through together, and we're wondering if we should redeem the code for all the DLC first, or wait? Or does it not matter?

Are you guys on PSN? Im always down to help out new guys and watch some of those godawful cutscenes again. My PSN is the same as my forums name here and i also need that refer a friend thing if you guys havent done it already.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Your gamertag is more than enough

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Join us on PS4

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

i spent all my money on xbox onesies and elite controllers

:negative:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
yeah sorry those underoos make you pro as gently caress

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Just started playing again after around a year break, or since around the time the Oryx raid came out. Feeling a lil lost, can someone distill how the daily grind is supposed to go without raiding? Is it simple to get to 320+ light level without raiding? What the heck do you spend the purple tokens on besides class vendor gear?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is this the wrong threat to drop my PSN name in? I could use a few more Destiny friends and all of my real life dudes dropped off over a year ago. PSN: "Literallygary"

Also, how is the material grind these days? Can I still easily purchase poo poo like spin metal or whatever if I need to? Running around hunting nodes and opening chests in vanilla was balls

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Why do people always ask "can I get to x light without raiding?" I'm not saying this in an insulting way, it genuinely confuses me. Why would you explicitly exclude one of the most fun aspects of the game?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Emron posted:

Why do people always ask "can I get to x light without raiding?" I'm not saying this in an insulting way, it genuinely confuses me. Why would you explicitly exclude one of the most fun aspects of the game?

Because they don't want to talk to other people and deal with scheduling and long time commitments would be my guesses

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Emron posted:

I know what you mean, no offense taken. I did used to raid all the time, but I don't have the free time/schedule to do it anymore. The main reason I specified "no raiding" is because I accidentally dismantled some random blue yesterday that was like 323, and IIRC the max item level from Oryx hard was 320. So I just feel out of my element here.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Because they don't want to talk to other people and deal with scheduling and long time commitments would be my guesses

Then they can GET THE HELL OUT IF TGE DESTINY THREAD :colbert:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Emron posted:

No Matchmaking

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Emron posted:

I loving love this derail it's my favourite and I love it so much and I get excited every time it happens!!!

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Emron posted:

Because King's Fall is a bad "stand here at this time and shoot gun" raid that has precious little room for the emergent gameplay that made the first two raids cool and good. VoG and Crota let you approach things different ways, KF is very much "do this thing this specific way". Fun the first five or so times I guess, but very little replay value

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deadwing posted:

Because King's Fall is a bad "stand here at this time and shoot gun" raid that has precious little room for the emergent gameplay that made the first two raids cool and good. VoG and Crota let you approach things different ways, KF is very much "do this thing this specific way". Fun the first five or so times I guess, but very little replay value

Crota is a glorified strike. There's nothing emergent about it. Straight garbage.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Thrall way, sword bridge, and singing lady are good, boss fight itself is kinda meh but still better than Oryx

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
the only thing emerging from crota is my farts

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Crota is the stupidest fight in the game. "Okay five of you stand here praying for heavy ammo drops so you don't have to burn a synth on the next attempt while one person actually gets to do something and prays he doesn't gently caress up."

Oryx is a close second, it's like being a dancer in a Michael Jackson video.

Atheon has its issues but everyone gets to shoot stuff and it comes down to how well your fireteam members can clean up messes.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

All the raids are cool and good. IMPORTANT NOTE: I did not actually do any of the raids when current except KF.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They're all pretty fun but when you do them 20 times each to finish your drop collection some encounters emerge as clearly better than others.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

enojy posted:

IIRC the max item level from Oryx hard was 320.

Got bumped up to 335

omg chael crash posted:

Also, how is the material grind these days? Can I still easily purchase poo poo like spin metal or whatever if I need to? Running around hunting nodes and opening chests in vanilla was balls

While you can purchase materials with legendary marks (from the Vanguard Quartermaster?), I haven't purchased a single material for a long time. If you start leveling House of Judgment, i.e., prison and challenge of elders, your boy Variks gives you a care package every weekly reset, higher you go the more you get. Use the ghost shell from kings fall to get wormspore when picking up engrams in the raid/on the dreadnaught because that's the one thing Variks seems stingy about for me.

It's a good time to be playing

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I'm usually having to buy weapon parts and I'm generally low on motes. I like playing with new guns then instantly regret it and dismantle them.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

xzzy posted:

Crota is the stupidest fight in the game. "Okay five of you stand here praying for heavy ammo drops so you don't have to burn a synth on the next attempt while one person actually gets to do something and prays he doesn't gently caress up."

Atheon has its issues but everyone gets to shoot stuff and it comes down to how well your fireteam members can clean up messes.

Crota would be a good fight if the kneeling mechanic was tweaked (and is a good fight now that Sleeper Stimulant trivializes it)

Oryx is just bad and I spend the whole time hoping I get sent to the thunderdome first to get out the stupid loving fight

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Universal Remote being sold by Xur reminds me of last year when he sold Gjallarhorn two weeks before TTK. Kind of a "enjoy it while it lasts because we're not patching anything until ROI" at which pointed it'll be squashed.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i spent all my money on xbox onesies and elite controllers

:negative:

on the bright side, you only bought one copy of Destiny

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

enojy posted:

I know what you mean, no offense taken. I did used to raid all the time, but I don't have the free time/schedule to do it anymore. The main reason I specified "no raiding" is because I accidentally dismantled some random blue yesterday that was like 323, and IIRC the max item level from Oryx hard was 320. So I just feel out of my element here.
This has been a good guide for me when I came back

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

xzzy posted:

thats because the crota strat is a cheese

you're supposed to split the fireteam and put people in the towers for boomer/wizard control, it also makes it so the sword dude cant hide

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

on the bright side, you only bought one copy of Destiny

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Longbow with snapshot and hot swap any good? It's got short gaze and tacsys scopes

• Locked thread