Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

glad that blockading a country committing genocide on one of our allies is considered provoking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Okonner posted:

Beautiful meltdowns on Morning Joe today. Where the gently caress is day crew?

I got here as soon as I could!

quote:

Mika Brzezinski laced into Donald Trump on Friday after his latest defense of calling Hillary Clinton a bigot, suggesting that the Republican nominee does not understand the impact of his statements.

"We were just talking off set. I just have to say it," Brzezinski began during the first hour of MSNBC's "Morning Joe," after the show played a clip of Trump's interview with Anderson Cooper.

In that interview, Trump declared multiple times that Clinton is a "bigot," suggesting that either a hatred of African-Americans or laziness was at the core of it.

"Donald Trump, you have no idea what your words mean," Brzezinski remarked. "You have no idea. You have no idea what your words mean. And I can't pretend and sort of try and cover this fairly and put it in the objectivity. You have no idea what your words mean and what you're doing to this country."

Former George W. Bush communications aide Nicolle Wallace remarked upon Clinton's reference to the former president's visit to a mosque in the days after 9/11, adding that as a senior adviser for John McCain, she was "10 feet away" from the 2008 GOP nominee when he rebuked a woman in his audience who called Barack Obama a Muslim.

"When he did the right thing, because he knows from right and wrong," Brzezinski interjected. "Whether we agree with him or not, he's a human being who knows from right and wrong and knows what his words mean."

Wallace remarked, "And I thought, my God, [McCain] doesn't care what happens in this election, he's worried about the country."

"So it's not just what he's doing," Wallace said of Trump. "It's what he's done to the Republican Party, and I think we've sort of entered this black box phase, where we've crashed."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/mika-brzezinski-trump-criticism-227437#ixzz4IRVyd7yQ

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Oiled and Ready posted:

This is folly and Cooper knows it.

Trump has no logical defense if you question a specific, but if you bite when he says "we all know", "people are saying" or "you see what's going on" he will tear you apart. No smart journalist ever bites on his traps anymore, and that's what they are.

Cooper's most righteous journalistic strategy now is to keep feeding Trump's ego and steer him in the most ridiculous direction he can muster.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I also don't see the trap of pointing out that polls are largely in favor of Clinton and hey, Mr. Trump, why bring up something that indicates you're losing?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
In the gutter on nights black as coal

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

crazy cloud posted:

I get probated for poo poo that other people do and get away with, it's a rigged system folks and low-energy liddle Shenji needs to be locked up. Sad!

What server you playing legion on, nerd

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/769159821069316097

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Oiled and Ready posted:

alextrasa (sp?)

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MadJackal posted:

I got here as soon as I could!

If Trump has no idea what his words mean then you cannot quote his words as proof he is racist. Which is it liberal media?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

Don't see what's wrong with those two pictures.

poor trigger discipline, hillary's hands are at least three times the size of trump's

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Oiled and Ready posted:

This is folly and Cooper knows it.

Trump has no logical defense if you question a specific, but if you bite when he says "we all know", "people are saying" or "you see what's going on" he will tear you apart. No smart journalist ever bites on his traps anymore, and that's what they are.

Cooper's most righteous journalistic strategy now is to keep feeding Trump's ego and steer him in the most ridiculous direction he can muster.

E: you all are criticizing a VANDERBILT who has interviewed Trump tens of times before on his strategy

Remind me who hates the globalists again?

They should get that CNN eye-rolling lady in a frame down in the corner of the screen, like a sign-language interpreter.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

MadJackal posted:

It's funny, I only caught 5 minutes of the interview which was that exact part, and I too was wondering how Cooper let that one get by. It was a big fat pitch down the center.

If you let Trump use "poll distraction", which he used hundreds of times when he led them in the primary, he'll still lead you down a policy-free horserace hole.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

This tweet makes zero goddamn sense at all.

p r o j e c t i o n

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

New Guardian article today on Trump's campaign head:

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/769162077466275841

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lol is Bannon gonna get tanked, like Manafort and Lewandowski before him?

How many campaign staff are gonna get turned over in the Trump campaign before this is over?

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

redneck nazgul posted:

Skoal ring to rule them all

you earned that namechange like a mofucka

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/nmeyersohn/status/769005751172038656

MOtherfucker you were in the KKK

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
gently caress it just make one of Trump's sons or daughter campaign manager.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Man Musk posted:

New Guardian article today on Trump's campaign head:

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/769162077466275841

lol

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

sharkbomb posted:

There's no way Trump releases his tax returns.

However, I predict a 95% chance they get leaked/hacked to the public sometime next month or in October. The Clinton campaign will denounce the leak but all of her surrogates will shred him for the contents. When Trump cries foul and says they're fake everyone will say "release your real ones, then." He won't be able to because the contents are noxious and then Clinton will have cover to shred him directly for it.

I've been batting around this theory for a few months now. With someone like Trump there is no way his taxes are sitting in a lockbox in Trump tower - they are in the possession of dozens of tax attorneys, accountants, lawyers, and other bozos. PDFs everywhere. How valuable are those tax documents to any media organization? It would be a bonanza. Maybe someone with more knowledge of big-shot city-livin tax law can tell me why those documents are secure.

edit: oh, forgot to mention that all of those documents are also being handled by the IRS. There must be a dozen suits emailing Trump-Tax.pdf back and forth all day.

Right now there's a night janitor at Trump's accounting office who looks at those tax returns everyday and wonders how much jail time he'll get for snapping some pictures and selling them to the highest bidder.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ZeddRebel/status/769163350710358017

This is not a parody tweet.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All white people are members of the KKK and also serial killers.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

drat we should have a thread just for Clinton ads, they're all so good.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

DrPlump posted:

All white people are members of the KKK and also serial killers.

P-projection? :ohdear:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Oiled and Ready posted:

My alliegance is to the One True Goon Squad, alliance side on Kel'Thuzad :haw:

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That movie was pretty good despite having Pauly Shore in it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

uh what

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

that's two weeks ago, we've pivoted at least twice since then

How d'you choose between death and glory?
How d'you choose between death and glory?
Happy endings don't bore me
Happy endings, they never bored me
They, they have a way
They have a way to make you pay
And to make you toe the line
Sever the ties
Oh I'm so clever
But clever ain't wise
Pivot forever
If you don't mind
I'm stuck forever
Stuck in your mind

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

prefect posted:

They should get that CNN eye-rolling lady in a frame down in the corner of the screen, like a sign-language interpreter.

My memory had Chuck Todd down as a sad beta bitch, but I just spent some time comparing his October Trump interviews with Copper, Halperin, Tapper and anyone else who Trump often gave appearances to.

What I found was that Chuck pioneered the "Retain Ethics, Goad Regrettable Emotional Tirades" method of interviewing Trump.

Here's a short example, and what I mean is that he pretends to believe everything Trump says and prods him to go further, while he also retains enough snark to make it clear he isn't buying anything Trump says.

I always knew Chuck Todd was a respectable but insufferable nerd but this puts him above the rest of you insufferable nerds.

https://youtu.be/KgWyMYIEuDs

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

when did I get transported to the onion universe

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

My alliegance is to the One True Goon Squad, alliance side on Kel'Thuzad :haw:

Oh wow

If you as old school as me you know me

I'm Roomba

Otherwise you're some wrath baby who doesn't appreciate the true glory of TOAD EXPLODE

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

he vowed to kick the rear end of Abigail Alling, one of the original Biospherians, who returned from Japan to warn those still inside about the takeover.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

Right now there's a night janitor at Trump's accounting office who looks at those tax returns everyday and wonders how much jail time he'll get for snapping some pictures and selling them to the highest bidder.

night janitors across NY have taken multiple photos of Trump's taxes... every night they sit at the edge of the bed and talk about what they should do with their wives and kids.

"Daddy is going away for a few years... but I'm doing it for us."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OUT OF THE BIOSPHERE TWO YOU CUNTS

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Oiled and Ready posted:

Oh wow

If you as old school as me you know me

I'm Roomba

Otherwise you're some wrath baby who doesn't appreciate the true glory of TOAD EXPLODE

Hahahahaha oh poo poo, liddle cube cliquein' pendejos. This is Worst, your friendly neighborhood warlock tank for p3 Illidan :drac:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The worst possible thing in trumps taxes is that he isn't that rich.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

cheesetriangles posted:

The worst possible thing in trumps taxes is that he isn't that rich.

how many millions do you waste

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
So I guess it's official that Clinton has started dumping their oppo file on Bannon?

I think he may stay though just because it is so late to replace him, who are they going to replace him with and he is a known vindictive rear end in a top hat that will go right back to running one of the most favorable news outlets to Trump.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

By the end of the campaign hillary will be known as the helldump queen.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Actually the worst thing would him using business assets as personal assets and making him personally liable business failures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/769170204941164544

I don't disagree.

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/769169864313319425

By the way this is how defending Bannon hurts you with women.

• Locked thread