Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Unctuous Cretin posted:

It was one of the one's in the city. Try the top of the stairs leading to the central keep.

Much appreciated! I blew 7k XP wandering around aimlessly before I had to run off to work this morning.

Lum_ posted:

Actually it's a cooperative endeavor but still not mine, I just worry about the plot crap that few here are concerned with unless they need to powerlevel through quests quickly.

In the long term this is super important. I'm glad you keep an eye on it.
(I'm not using the thumbs up emote because we only use that ironically here)

Also gently caress those crybaby tamers who are upset their "I win" button has some semblance of balance now. Holy poo poo did they actually expect their red spiders of doom were balanced and would remain that way forever :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Actually hey on the topic of ore, is this dramatization correct?

EXTERIOR, DAY. DESIGNER lounges in the sun.

PLAYER approaches.

PLAYER: You have changed the ore drop rates! They are out of control!
DESIGNER: Shush, these rates are intended! I have set additional mobs to guard the nodes. Begone!

PLAYER exits.

LORD BRITISH enters.

LORD BRITISH: Lazy designer! These drop rates are indeed hosed up! Our economy shall crater! Fix it at once!
DESIGNER: Ah, but it grows late. I shall fix it on the morrow.
LORD BRITISH: Very well. We shall deactivate all respawns in the interim.

FIN.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

Actually hey on the topic of ore, is this dramatization correct?

EXTERIOR, DAY. DESIGNER lounges in the sun.

PLAYER approaches.

PLAYER: You have changed the ore drop rates! They are out of control!
DESIGNER: Shush, these rates are intended! I have set additional mobs to guard the nodes. Begone!

PLAYER exits.

LORD BRITISH enters.

LORD BRITISH: Lazy designer! These drop rates are indeed hosed up! Our economy shall crater! Fix it at once!
DESIGNER: Ah, but it grows late. I shall fix it on the morrow.
LORD BRITISH: Very well. We shall deactivate all respawns in the interim.

FIN.

I read that aloud to myself with actual voices. Was this intended?
Also let me change a line: "You hosed the loving drop rates of poo poo you fuckers! Game is dead unless you do [thing] I demand! Moooooommmm more chocolate milk!"
Because I read that into a lot of the overly dramatic feedback on the official forums.

Correct? Ehhh. Who knows. I see LB more as the "children should be flagged killable" guy.
We're going to see "non virtuous XxXKoolXxXtRme" costumes in the add on store at some point.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

DancingShade posted:

I see LB more as the "children should be flagged killable" guy.

I hope this is true. I would love to see more PvP areas, stealing, etc.

I want to build a theif.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

used to come here to poo poo on this title but hey i'm glad u guys are actually having fun with it

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Oh poo poo, they didn't turn off spawns, they just loving demolished hilt. RIP you beautiful crawlspace.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

yoloer420 posted:

I want to build a theif.

Being a town thief in Ultima Online was the greatest few years of gaming in my entire life. No question. My greatest haul was some idiot that put two house deeds and a boat inside a bag. I keep the pants I poo poo myself in displayed on a wall to show my pride. (house deeds and boats cost a lot of gold and weighed only one stone, so they were easy to steal, and you cannot steal them in someones base inventory. they had to have someone stupid enough to put them in a bag, because then you could steal the bag.)

Unfortunately you're only allowed to pickpocket in PvP areas, and only gold at that. I hope that is expanded on in a much later release, like stealing Gold Crowns of the Obsidians or things that are actually valuable.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Node posted:

Being a town thief in Ultima Online was the greatest few years of gaming in my entire life. No question. My greatest haul was some idiot that put two house deeds and a boat inside a bag. I keep the pants I poo poo myself in displayed on a wall to show my pride. (house deeds and boats cost a lot of gold and weighed only one stone, so they were easy to steal, and you cannot steal them in someones base inventory. they had to have someone stupid enough to put them in a bag, because then you could steal the bag.)

Unfortunately you're only allowed to pickpocket in PvP areas, and only gold at that. I hope that is expanded on in a much later release, like stealing Gold Crowns of the Obsidians or things that are actually valuable.

Absolutely, I played on player run shards quite a bit, this was back before the server emulators supported lock downs in houses. At its best I'd steal house keys and loot a house dry. Also stealing peoples weapons when they tried to attack you was hilarious.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Lum_ posted:

Actually it's a cooperative endeavor but still not mine, I just worry about the plot crap that few here are concerned with unless they need to powerlevel through quests quickly.

I like the plot elements, I fiddled with lots of them during the hat quest era.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Took a bit of advice from Karl Pilkington, better to live in the hole looking at the palace than live in the palace looking at the hole
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4gruB3lH6g

When I said this, I was thinking I'd be across from a small castle or maybe even one of those viking keeps, not this iron monstrosity.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Nurel posted:

used to come here to poo poo on this title but hey i'm glad u guys are actually having fun with it

I come here for excuses to relentlessly poo poo on this title because I am never more than one amusing anecdote about playing it away from dropping 50 bucks on it.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Jesus Christ people are flipping out about this release. Some guy flipped out and deleted his posts from the forum because his previous strategy of dumping top level chaos magic into packs of 10 elves and then buying reagents off the oh public vendor will no longer work.

Tamers mad they have to play the game now. And of course people who made hundreds of thousands of gold off the strategy of buying alts to sit in hilt with have entirely lost their minds.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

yoloer420 posted:

I want to build a theif.

We're redoing Buc's Den (PvP+ town) very soon.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Apparently using your lute to play back to back renditions of the bubble bobble and super mario world theme tunes by a group of RPers is upsetting and "ruins the ambience".

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Node posted:

Goddamnit, my house in Estgard is facing a wall instead of the street it is on. It looks goofy as hell.

Someone else complained so you don't have to. Maybe squawk in there and get yourself added to the list.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
That reads an awful lot like the folks that move in near a race track/shooting range/pig farm when there wasn't anything going on or the wind was blowing the other way, then raise hell when the wind changes or the jet dragsters come out.

Not that they are wrong, but it's a funny similarity.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

On this topic, because the designer who was originally working on Estgard left before finishing the job and it hasn't been fixed up yet it looks particularly half-assed at the moment. Really bad in some places where the assets are badly placed, leftovers from the previous version or just plain barren.
Like that wooden fence outside the Western wall which looks wonky as poo poo.

When it gets pass #2 it might look a lot better but we can only go off what we currently see.

If you good folks feel I made a bad call and that Estgard was a bad land investment then we need to consider other towns ASAP before the first deed lottery finishes.

This would mean either going to a very unpopular (probably for a reason) NPC town or relocating to a PRT. Or we could just scatter to the winds or something but that's less fun.

Thoughts?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I mean, I'm a poor and will probably always be a poor with no house so wherever we want to go or not go is fine with me. I live in a wagon down by the river.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Bunch of those got fixed late last night so hopefully with today's patch you will no longer be looking at a wall.

DancingShade posted:

On this topic, because the designer who was originally working on Estgard left before finishing the job and it hasn't been fixed up yet it looks particularly half-assed at the moment.

The designer who did the Port Graff revision is working on Estgard this month, we know it's incomplete.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lum_ posted:

The designer who did the Port Graff revision is working on Estgard this month, we know it's incomplete.

Oooh.

He works magic. Promising.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

DancingShade posted:

If you good folks feel I made a bad call and that Estgard was a bad land investment then we need to consider other towns ASAP before the first deed lottery finishes.

This would mean either going to a very unpopular (probably for a reason) NPC town or relocating to a PRT. Or we could just scatter to the winds or something but that's less fun.

Thoughts?

Stay for now I think. I mean yeah it looked better in R32, some vendors have vanished, the doors are broken.... But it'll get fixed :D

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I like it. I think in the long-term it's going to be a good spot to be in. We're a minute's walk from Brittany (so easy access to the Hidden Vale) and Eastreach Gap is only slightly farther, so easy access to Ardoris. Being part of the Valhold/Resolute/HIghvale storyline will also guarantee a pretty regularly flow of traffic for those of us with vendors.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
What's the general money-making strategy right now with R33?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Unctuous Cretin posted:

I like it. I think in the long-term it's going to be a good spot to be in. We're a minute's walk from Brittany (so easy access to the Hidden Vale) and Eastreach Gap is only slightly farther, so easy access to Ardoris. Being part of the Valhold/Resolute/HIghvale storyline will also guarantee a pretty regularly flow of traffic for those of us with vendors.

This. I'm not worried about it. I mean, if Central Brittany ever opens up, I'll move but other than that I'm staying.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
I say stick with Estgard for now. So much is changing and the original reasons for moving there are still the same......well apart from that monstrosity that sits opposite Alex's place.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
We could form an HOA and demand that they get rid of their stupid blimp.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Akion posted:

We could form an HOA and demand that they get rid of their stupid blimp.

What makes it even worse is I am pretty sure that blimp is a Star Citizen related item.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
More specifically a 400 dollar Star Citizen tie in. Note though that it is 300 dollars cheaper than their 'generic' air ship home, which is only 200 dollars cheaper than the smallest player owned town was. I feel like at that point you just buy the town.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I mean, I don't really give too much of a poo poo what someones house looks like in an MMO as long as it's fun. I'm more put off by the cost of housing if you didn't get in on one of those sweet tax-free lots.

500 gold a day on the low end pretty much means I'd have to play a bunch to make it work unless there is some money-making thing I am unaware of right now, which sucks cause I don't really want another job. I already have one.

I guess they'll probably have a real-money way to pay your rent, but who knows what that's gonna be like. My big fear is (assuming the game gets done) it turns into Second Life where you have virtual real-estate barons and the common man can't own land.

But who knows, it's still pre-alpha I guess.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Akion posted:

I mean, I don't really give too much of a poo poo what someones house looks like in an MMO as long as it's fun. I'm more put off by the cost of housing if you didn't get in on one of those sweet tax-free lots.

500 gold a day on the low end pretty much means I'd have to play a bunch to make it work unless there is some money-making thing I am unaware of right now, which sucks cause I don't really want another job. I already have one.

I guess they'll probably have a real-money way to pay your rent, but who knows what that's gonna be like. My big fear is (assuming the game gets done) it turns into Second Life where you have virtual real-estate barons and the common man can't own land.

But who knows, it's still pre-alpha I guess.

3500/day would require a tremendous amount of work in the current state of the game for a city lot. Maybe when they add stronger monsters that drop appropriate rewards that rent might seem reasonable.

Q: I'm looking for torches to make wall torches out of. I know that there are some props that are a crate filled with four or five of them around, but I can't remember where they are. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Node fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 26, 2016

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

3500/day would require a tremendous amount of work in the current state of the game for a city lot. Maybe when they add stronger monsters that drop appropriate rewards that rent might seem reasonable.

Q: I'm looking for torches to make wall torches out of. I know that there are some props that are a crate filled with four or five of them around, but I can't remember where they are. Does anyone know where I can find one?

RE: Torches - You can just buy them from the barmaid in SolTown.

As far as rent, yeah. I remember in UO I ended up going in on a house with friends but that didn't leave me hosed if one of them quit. It seems like in the current system, by the time I got enough money to afford a house + lot + rent, I'm probably going to be so burned out I won't care but who knows.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Node posted:

Four of my five dudes were some form of thief. Town thief, thug thief (later disarm), mage thief, stealth thief.

It was just so loving chaotically fun.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I remember keeping a trapped chest in my inventory just to gently caress with town thieves.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:
They need to lower the rent, make it hourly like SWG did. The rent in this game looks like they just asked RNGessus what it should be.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Degs posted:

Four of my five dudes were some form of thief. Town thief, thug thief (later disarm), mage thief, stealth thief.

It was just so loving chaotically fun.

I just had Node, my town thief (and where my user name is from.) However, every single character had maxed out Hide. No exceptions. Not even my mage, that could just An Lor Xen himself. The ability to make yourself unknown to the entire game, unless someone bumps into you, changes everything. I wish Camouflage had a permanent duration in this game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lobus posted:

They need to lower the rent, make it hourly like SWG did. The rent in this game looks like they just asked RNGessus what it should be.

It's literally the first pass. I imagine it'll change several times as the economy gets tuned.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:

DancingShade posted:

It's literally the first pass. I imagine it'll change several times as the economy gets tuned.

I know, I just have regrets about not getting a house.

:negative:

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Lobus posted:

I know, I just have regrets about not getting a house.

:negative:

Don't, it's not useful for anything but additional storage and decoration (hopefully they allow permissions to let guilds decorate guild houses)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You can set up lots as guild halls right now including letting people place and remove deco items.
I'm just not keen to do that personally, that's all.

Once we get permissions just to let [person] and only [person] to use [container] I'll happily turn my place into a giant bank for anyone who wants extra storage. Hell I'll even make the storage containers for you so you can literally treat it like a bank expansion.
No time frame on this at the moment though. Lots of other things higher priority on the roadmap I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Do they let you split permission on basement vs main house?