Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Tecmo Koei announced their TGS 2016 lineup.

Kou Shibusawa has said he has a "surprise announcement" to make there as well, so hold onto your hats because Dynasty Warriors 9 may finally be incoming.

Berserk is coming to PC, right? Then why

is it not stated? Or did I dream about another Warriors game on PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jack Trades posted:

Berserk is coming to PC, right? Then why

is it not stated? Or did I dream about another Warriors game on PC?

The PC release is Western-exclusive, just like the PS3 release is Japanese-exclusive.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Policenaut posted:

The PC release is Western-exclusive, just like the PS3 release is Japanese-exclusive.

Ah, that makes sense.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i'm very excited for dw9 to introduce lu kang and yang hu

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
also liao hua, cheng pu, and ma yunlu

sadly bao sanniang will be retroactively removed, like pang de

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
KOEI...removing...a character?

Does not compute.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Raserys posted:

also liao hua, cheng pu, and ma yunlu

sadly bao sanniang will be retroactively removed, like pang de

In what universe would Bao Sanniang being removed be a bad thing?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
the universe where bao sanniang is good, that is to say, not this one

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Bao Sanniang is alright. But don't touch my Wang Yuanji.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I dunno about you guys but I'm trying to finish out the stars and hypotheticals in story mode and Man Chong should just be a character. I see that motherfucker every time I'm fighting Wei.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not really, it's probably going to be closer to Omega Force's 'hunting action' game Toukiden.

The PC version of AoT came out today and it sounds like the port is as bad as Toukiden in any case.

EDIT: \/ the camera is also bad but that's also on consoles.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 26, 2016

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Mokinokaro posted:

The PC version of AoT came out today and it sounds like the port is as bad as Toukiden in any case.

Toukiden wasn't even running at 60 fps. This game at least seems to be capable of achieving that. The single worst unique issue with AoT here appears to involve the mouse and keyboard controls.

Sure, there's also the rather more typical Windows 10/Xbox One controller problems that are affecting some people, but that's why I am glad to still keep my 360-style pad. It has saved me a lot of headaches so far.

wielder fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 26, 2016

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
There's nothing wrong with the Toukiden port at this date.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: \/ the camera is also bad but that's also on consoles.

Camera's okay. The game overall reminds me of why I dislike the series, but the moment-to-moment gameplay is fun enough.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Bloodly posted:

KOEI...removing...a character?

Does not compute.

if the dynasty warriors series ever loses a character and never mentions them again, we all know it's going to be han dang

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Gameplay doesn't seem to have the depth to be fun unless it evolves severely later on, and the stuff outside of it don't really add much to it. I saw a few minutes of the endgame and it's very little difference than the beginning tutorials. The objectives really can't branch into something interesting.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Policenaut posted:

Oh, hey look. Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII Power-Up Kit

CTRL+F = "Good officer gameplay" not found

Is RotK13 bad? I haven't played it yet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

RotK 13 is a Ruler-based game pretending to be an Officer-based one. There's very little freedom in being an officer, nothing like the plethora of content you could find in 10. There's no open world exploration, the quest system feels so much worse and relies entirely on random chance to even find one, you can't do any kind of city building work as a free officer, and once you're an officer you're just watching circles fill and occasionally talking to someone. Being an officer instead of a ruler means that likely the best position you'll ever reach is Viceroy, and the AI is determined to avoid doing any kind of actual work so it mostly forces you to manage almost all of your Ruler's lands. It eventually reached the point where I'd attack a city with the other district and pull all my soldiers before the city was taken so the AI was forced to control the city.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
How does RotK 13 compare to that Nobunaga's Ambition: SOI game/upgrade that theoretically offers Officer play? I don't know it's English name, has that even come out yet?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Policenaut posted:

RotK 13 is a Ruler-based game pretending to be an Officer-based one. There's very little freedom in being an officer, nothing like the plethora of content you could find in 10. There's no open world exploration, the quest system feels so much worse and relies entirely on random chance to even find one, you can't do any kind of city building work as a free officer, and once you're an officer you're just watching circles fill and occasionally talking to someone. Being an officer instead of a ruler means that likely the best position you'll ever reach is Viceroy, and the AI is determined to avoid doing any kind of actual work so it mostly forces you to manage almost all of your Ruler's lands. It eventually reached the point where I'd attack a city with the other district and pull all my soldiers before the city was taken so the AI was forced to control the city.

That... sounds really disappointing. It's like they tried to appeal to fans of both the officer games and the faction ruling games, and failed at both.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Policenaut posted:

Wow. I guess I'll skip that one completely.

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.

Well, the visuals took quite the nosedive from the first trailer.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Belzac posted:

I had no idea they'd fixed it up.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Geckoagua posted:

Well, the visuals took quite the nosedive from the first trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISkdPTUP59c

The animations are the same aside from some slow-motion fuckery. The latest trailer just has a red filter over everything which makes it look worse.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Belzac posted:

30 fps lock. I'm not touching that.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
The game was made for 30 fps. It plays at 30 fps on the 4 console versions. It was designed from the system design up around that. Suck it up.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Belzac posted:

The game was made for 30 fps. It plays at 30 fps on the 4 console versions. It was designed from the system design up around that. Suck it up.

Err...How about a no? Just because consoles can't handle the game at 60 fps doesn't mean that it's some sort of gameplay decision they made to keep it at 30.
It's about the as dumb as saying that PS1 was rendering games at 320x240 because it was an artistic choice.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Weak console PS4 unable to render PSP game Toukiden at 60 fps, you heard it here first. Stop saying it's a bad port because you don't like the technical choices made.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jack Trades posted:

Lol

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Jack Trades posted:

Your choice, dude. But it's still kind of an odd thing to be picky about. Specially to folks like me who play old games that probably don't even reach that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Drakenel posted:

Your choice, dude. But it's still kind of an odd thing to be picky about. Specially to folks like me who play old games that probably don't even reach that.

Lol? Even super mario bros. 3 ran at 60 fps.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Not consistently. poo poo NES port imo.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Belzac posted:

I'm actually weirded out by the slowdown in Warriors Orochi 3 :|

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Lol? Even super mario bros. 3 ran at 60 fps.

I don't know if DOS games ran at 60 fps. Hard to tell.

You may be younger than I thought. Or I'm starting to age.... :smith:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Slow down is the sign of victory in a Omega Force game. It means you've broken the awesome barrier and the game can no longer handle how awesome you are.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Belzac posted:

Slow down is the sign of victory in a Omega Force game. It means you've broken the awesome barrier and the game can no longer handle how awesome you are.

Yep, this is how I always knew I was doing great back in the day. I thought it was just some sort of slomo showing off just how AWESOME I am.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Belzac posted:

Weak console PS4 unable to render PSP game Toukiden at 60 fps, you heard it here first. Stop saying it's a bad port because you don't like the technical choices made.

To be serious for a moment the reason it's 30 fps on both systems is to prevent sync problems on crossplay with the Vita. God Eater is the same on ps4 and Vita but 60 fps on PC.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Belzac posted:

Hells yeah, this.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
this new orochi warriors game is pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Emalde posted:

this new orochi warriors game is pretty cool

The gently caress is this. :eyepop:

Explain yourself.