Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Man, I placed four peppers on a shelf in my basement. When I left the basement and came back some time later, they weren't there anymore. I don't have my peppers. They aren't in my bank or any container. I lost my peppers.

:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Node posted:

Man, I placed four peppers on a shelf in my basement. When I left the basement and came back some time later, they weren't there anymore. I don't have my peppers. They aren't in my bank or any container. I lost my peppers.

Guards!!!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

iminers posted:

Guards!!!

Thank you for being a responsible citizen but the thief is probably blue by now.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Node posted:

I bet if you swap out or temporarily remove your basement they'll magically reappear in your bank.

It's a rare placement bug that I've only heard about happening on above ground lots. Experienced it myself in R31 but fortunately the deco item reappeared after reloading the instance.
It wasn't anywhere near where I was trying to place and was clipping through some other items.

I imagine your peppers are on the "ground" somewhere on the wrong side of a basement wall. Alternatively closely inspect the ground near the basement spawn entrance.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
It's okay. I went to Owl's Head and /puked on all the roleplayers and people playing instruments there. I'm happy now.

Node fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 28, 2016

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Took a fair amount of grinding, killed a heap of elves... 10k blown on tall house. Bonus of ugly zeppelin in background!

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

If I can mostly handle 4 skull areas, what is the best way to make gold? I can't seem to make much.

adomorn
Jul 16, 2010

Ask. Seek. Knock.
can you fly zeppelins in this game?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

D-Pad posted:

If I can mostly handle 4 skull areas, what is the best way to make gold? I can't seem to make much.

R33 nerfed gold income hard. I think it was a bit too extreme.

adomorn posted:

can you fly zeppelins in this game?

No, and I wish the stupid loving things weren't in the game. They're a god drat eyesore.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The best way to make money seems to be to have spent the last month grinding elves in graymark for obscene money and XP, then take your buffed character to the bottom of elysium and sell silver from there. Spawns don't seem to run at the same speed there when you have a group so you can corner the silver market.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Where is the key of arcane power in the Tower of the Shuttered Eye? The OP says its in a clickable stone behind one of the statues on the first floor. I can't find it and I hate pixel hunting. I noticed one of the statues has an odd stone on its base behind it, but I can't click on it.

Also these elite skeletal mages are ridiculously difficult.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

Where is the key of arcane power in the Tower of the Shuttered Eye? The OP says its in a clickable stone behind one of the statues on the first floor. I can't find it and I hate pixel hunting. I noticed one of the statues has an odd stone on its base behind it, but I can't click on it.

Also these elite skeletal mages are ridiculously difficult.

It's behind the statue near the right end of the statue, don't remember what side of the room it's on though.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Alexander DeLarge posted:

It's behind the statue near the right end of the statue, don't remember what side of the room it's on though.

Ugh. I'm probably going to need a screenshot. I'm bad at video games, and looking at things.

Is the loot even worth it up top?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

Ugh. I'm probably going to need a screenshot. I'm bad at video games, and looking at things.

Is the loot even worth it up top?

Definitely. You can run it in 15 minutes.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
What's a good indicator you are ready for the Tower?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Definitely. You can run it in 15 minutes.

Be my hero and take a screenshot of this stupid thing to click I CANT FIND IT HELP

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

Be my hero and take a screenshot of this stupid thing to click I CANT FIND IT HELP

Since you're cool, I'll spend the 15 minutes to get over there but I expect some :a2m: in the eRP dungeon later.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Since you're cool, I'll spend the 15 minutes to get over there but I expect some :a2m: in the eRP dungeon later.

What have I gotten myself into...

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Erotica roleplaying and you did it for gold you whore.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Buying the Gimp outfit on the SOTA store for $30 now.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
What the gently caress? I was literally staring at that thing. I can't click on it. Nothing happens.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

What the gently caress? I was literally staring at that thing. I can't click on it. Nothing happens.

Either I'm missing a step here or it's bugged.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Went to the shuttered eye with Aidle the other day. Missed the key, found the lich. Didn't have quite the damage to take him down so died a few times legging it back down the stairs. Was just missing the yakkety-sax music...

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
At least we got to see all the priceless works of art in the hidden gallery hallways!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If by any chance I happen to have added someone in here as a friend and not given you a guild invite please feel free to yell at me (and tell me your in game name) because I just click "yes" when I get a friend request.

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:
How are you handling combat? Are you using / having luck with the random shuffle decks, or are people using mostly the locked decks? Also is it not possible to use combos playing with a locked deck?

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
I'm using half and half. my fixed slots are my root (gently caress archers), heals, strength buff and defensive stance, while the remaining slots are unlocked and have just my damage skills being drawn.
With a locked deck you can't use combo's or stack abilities.
Defensive stance really helps. The -20% attack speed seems to apply to only autoattacks so if your spamming your abilities then the effect is negligible.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Read this. It's a more in-depth explanation of what PMB is saying.

Understanding that will propel to a much more enjoyable and playable combat game.

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Aug 29, 2016

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Node posted:

Got bugged last patch for some reason, fixed it for today's patch

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:

PMB posted:

I'm using half and half. my fixed slots are my root (gently caress archers), heals, strength buff and defensive stance, while the remaining slots are unlocked and have just my damage skills being drawn.
With a locked deck you can't use combo's or stack abilities.
Defensive stance really helps. The -20% attack speed seems to apply to only autoattacks so if your spamming your abilities then the effect is negligible.

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Understanding that will propel to a much more enjoyable and playable combat game.

Awesome, I will have to try this out tonight.

Thanks.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Can we edit this into the OP under the video guide?

Feel free to put my character name (Ailde Bogle) for invites. I'm around pretty reliably in the evening and on weekends.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Unctuous Cretin posted:

An excellent guide and I probably should have thought to link it as well ages ago - thanks for doing it. I guess I just took my understanding of the deck system for granted since I was there at the inception.
My bad.

That being said my hotbar is more 4/6. I have 6 fixed powers and everything else goes through the unassigned 4 like a slot machine.
Never knowing quite what button to press makes frantic life and death combat fun and interesting to me but YMMV of course :v:

Also my setup allows things like chaining 4 stone fists when the right cards draw. The personal customization options of your combat experience are excellent.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Lum_ posted:

Got bugged last patch for some reason, fixed it for today's patch

Hooray! Thank you.

e: Well, you can loot it, but there isn't a key inside it.

Node fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Aug 30, 2016

Octave
Jan 9, 2008
I bought this game thinking I'd like something old style and I used up project gorgon.

For anyone reading the thread thinking of playing, like I was before I started, heres what it is:

It feels almost exactly like UO in lore, sort of experience and jankiness. It was surprising how UO-like it was in the small details. E.g. running into people slows you down, virtues, and lots of flavor-lore-driven-things that dont affect gameplay but are there.

There are more loading screens than UO. Lots of loading screens that last a long time. Especially in towns. I'd say about 20% of my gameplay time was loading screens. This was with a reasonable computer and an SSD.

The NPCs are fun in the finite state machine sort of way - they sleep in beds at night and that sort of thing (somewhat similar to how UO NPCs acted). This means that they're hard to find for quests.

The quests can feel immersive but are janky. I spent like 3 hours trying to figure out who to talk to for a random quest. In a sense, it's kinda cool not to have a wiki but it also feels like a 'guess what the developer was thinking' pixel hunt.

Quests, for me, were the thing that took the longest in the leveling process because their experience lets you skill up at a quick rate. Skilling up seemed trivial compared to grinding for exp pool to spend on the skillups.

Questing, for me, involved running through dungeons and ignoring the NPCs that would own me, but thats okay because I can run past them and pick up the quest items in the dungeon. Luckily, NPCs run very slow and get stuck often so it seems the best strategy. It felt pretty cheesy.

Combat was actually not as bad as you might read. There were some UI problems but the card deck was not as bad as people seem to think.

The biggest issue with the game by far is player housing. It's what causes the brunt of the load time, and even after that load screen, lots of hitching presumably to load all the awful knick knack players put in their locked houses. The cities are confusing because it's mostly useless player housing mixed in with actual useful NPCs. It just makes the cities large for no reason.

The houses don't even fit - they have those ugly airship things and lighthouses all right next to each other. Does a town really need 10 lighthouses that neighbor each other? I guess so. It looks and feels like second life.

I'm disappointed it all turned out like that.

Octave fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 30, 2016

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
It'd be nice if there was a "Don't show me non-immersive housing" option that just replaced poo poo like the airship on your screen with a row house or something.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Octave posted:

The biggest issue with the game by far is player housing. It's what causes the brunt of the load time, and even after that load screen, lots of hitching presumably to load all the awful knick knack players put in their locked houses. The cities are confusing because it's mostly useless player housing mixed in with actual useful NPCs. It just makes the cities large for no reason.

The houses don't even fit - they have those ugly airship things and lighthouses all right next to each other. Does a town really need 10 lighthouses that neighbor each other? I guess so. It looks and feels like second life.

Stop going to Brittany :v:

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i still don't get why they didn't just instance housing. plenty of people will still buy garish pineapple houses under the sea, even if they and their friends are the only ones who'll see it

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Are player owned towns allowed to HOA that poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I think the owner can evict people.