Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or the awkwardly placed "sport" button positioned not to be usable, but to maintain symmetry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm the incredibly terrible looking rings around the AC controls

Edit: please tell me those are actually real metal and they just look like cheap plastic due to being out of focus

I don't think those are out of a Focus :v:

Seriously though, what the hell is that?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm the incredibly terrible looking rings around the AC controls

Edit: please tell me those are actually real metal and they just look like cheap plastic due to being out of focus

Yeah it's real metal

xzzy posted:

Or the awkwardly placed "sport" button positioned not to be usable, but to maintain symmetry.

You only hit that button once and always immediately after starting the motor and before doing anything else :smugmrgw:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

fridge corn posted:

You only hit that button once and always immediately after starting the motor and before doing anything else :smugmrgw:

It can't remember how you had it set last? That's even worse.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't think those are out of a Focus :v:

Seriously though, what the hell is that?

Based on that dog-leg 7-speed shifter, a V12 Vantage S. :getin:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

xzzy posted:

You can set it to be always on, but not memory, but it should always be on anyway

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
20160819-IMG_7272.jpg

20160819-IMG_7110.jpg

20160819-IMG_7085.jpg

20160819-IMG_7076.jpg

20160819-IMG_7015.jpg

20160819-IMG_6952.jpg

20160819-IMG_6877.jpg

20160819-IMG_6860.jpg

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nxwn3OHkEw

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I'm so loving erect right now

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

It sounded loving amazing
20160819-IMG_7475.jpg

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm so loving erect right now

The rest of my images are - https://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_high/albums/72157671780421620 and my friends - https://www.flickr.com/photos/mlmaggiora/sets/72157671928750621/

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

There's something about this image next to that avatar...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

So when you let go of the shifter, where does it settle?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

So when you let go of the shifter, where does it settle?

Probably between 4th and 5th with 1 being bhind the same gate as reverse regularly is in a 6 speed.

Beyond initially starting out, you really shouldn't need first any more than you do reverse.

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

Been a few pages since I last posted, but the C7R got cleaned up a little bit. I'm going to try and move some stuff around to get some real pictures of it eventually. Right now it's...stuck.

This car is coming along nicely.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

1259MB? :confused:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
F1 has been pretty crazy this year, sorry if this is obvious terrible AI thread content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlhgAMoS-hM

(Sort of a 1/2 season review. They are racing this weekend in Belgium)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 26, 2016

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Incredibly bad music, could not watch.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MasonF posted:

Been a few pages since I last posted, but the C7R got cleaned up a little bit. I'm going to try and move some stuff around to get some real pictures of it eventually. Right now it's...stuck.

White bread?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

xzzy posted:

This annoys me with the car pool I'm using, they've disabled all the settings in the cars (all Volvos) which means the despicable auto stop function is on by default. You can turn it off with a button, but it turns back on the next time you start the engine.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Never thought I would I would see this in the wild let alone at the Jersey Shore. The color is definitely very striking especially in person which is how it caught my eye at first. I almost didn't believe it was the real deal until I saw that Polestar badge.

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Aug 27, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Edward IV posted:

Never thought I would I would see this in the wild let alone at the Jersey Shore. The color is definitely very striking especially in person which is how it caught my eye at first. I almost didn't believe it was the real deal until I saw that Polestar badge.

Is that the wagon? I can't tell. Either way I absolutely love the Polestars.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Is that the wagon? I can't tell. Either way I absolutely love the Polestars.

Yeah, a wagon. I was pretty stoked and surprised to see it.

While I didn't get a look at the license plate, I'm pretty sure it's from out of state due to the lack of a front license plate and the different inspection tags.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Edward IV posted:

Yeah, a wagon. I was pretty stoked and surprised to see it.

While I didn't get a look at the license plate, I'm pretty sure it's from out of state due to the lack of a front license plate and the different inspection tags.

Might possibly be one of the press cars. One of which Volvo have said they'll get down to DC at some point so I can drive it.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Right thread/wrong thread?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Needs a cross stitched hanging that reads FREE CANDY to really seal the deal.

Which I guess it could have considering I can't see the interior, but I would prefer it on the exterior.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
I just love that they left the license plate on.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Brings the phrase "structural rust" to new levels.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

88h88 posted:

Please can we take a moment to appreciate these wheels...

Thank you for your time.

I owned the Olds version of that exact wagon. Brown paint, wood sides, and tan leather. It was like driving a couch, only with a 350 and straight pipes. :getin:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BoostCreep posted:

Right thread/wrong thread?

That's amazing. Looks like a mobile home add-on? Was probably cheap as hell too. Now I want a house built entirely out of old vans.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno posted:

That's amazing. Looks like a mobile home add-on? Was probably cheap as hell too. Now I want a house built entirely out of old vans.

That kind of thing is too rad for The Man™ to allow to exist.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/07/09/dufferin-area-survivalist-and-fire-officials-in-showdown-over-nuclear-shelter.html

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

As long as the vans meet or exceed whatever standards are placed on mobile homes I'm not sure how they could stop you. I would assume it's mostly fire regulations because your average mobile home has the structural integrity of toilet paper.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

kastein posted:

Where can I buy one?

(sorry for the old stuff, I'm catching up on the thread)

I had seriously considered doing this to my Miata, but you can basically forget about running it anywhere sanctioned - NASA requires that your car be based on a closed-body original to run in their events.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
bonus points if you wire up the engine as a generator

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

I'm generally the least patriotic kind of American, and align with Canadians on most social issues. But the fact that they're trying to shut that thing down on his own private property is some babyback bullshit.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

SuperDucky posted:

I'm generally the least patriotic kind of American, and align with Canadians on most social issues. But the fact that they're trying to shut that thing down on his own private property is some babyback bullshit.

I think it may have to do with the fact that there are potentially going to be 2,000 people inside it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VikingSkull posted:

bonus points if you wire up the engine as a generator

"Sonny, can you go give the den some gas, daddy wants to watch football."

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

amenenema posted:

I think it may have to do with the fact that there are potentially going to be 2,000 people inside it.

Well, it's for preppers, right? At the point where they're trying to shove 2000 people in there, the county likely has bigger problems.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Left: Mom's car. Right: Uncle's car.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

:flashfap:

Why can't racecars look like this anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

boxen posted:

Well, it's for preppers, right? At the point where they're trying to shove 2000 people in there, the county likely has bigger problems.

No I mean for the "convention"