Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Now I'm imagining Kira going into Tonio's shop, handless, being like "hey you got some ravioli that'll fix this"

Ah, but tragically, Tonio only knows what delicious Italian dishes best cure your ailments by reading your palm lines, so the condition is untreatable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Moltrey posted:

god, I forgot this video existed, it's so good, but im a sucker for the dragonball ED

If it wasn't a big spoiler, I'd get a gif of the opening shot as an avatar. Maybe in two or three weeks

When you think you've been caught by high schoolers, give it another try
The power of your Killer Queen is as strong and as big as the sky

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Make your dreams come true

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx46OB7GE04

i don't know what any of this means, but i'm glad jotaro is determined not to be abducted

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's a classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLnPd0dZMD4

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

are we leaving out the Greatest Show On Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGdePK9tbUg

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
holy poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Moltrey posted:

holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB21AodZF30

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lost it at Glee Club but Pucci conducting to the guy he used as a CD player

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Why is it at 3 fps? Does Japan not have software that can pan across images smoothly?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CJ posted:

Why is it at 3 fps? Does Japan not have software that can pan across images smoothly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDScdHEUw4

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

CJ posted:

no software is good at rendering the straight fire that is the dragonball ed

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's probably because they're too scared to pirate anything so they don't have video editing software. I'm looking forward to them animating that Kawajiri dick slip scene though.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Everyone was estimating Kira's kill count, but I just realized it actually says right here.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
huh....a little disappointed honestly

3-4 murders a year seems a little low, but I guess it works based off Kira's fingernail science

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Haha just fell short of the Green River Killer by one victim

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Daxing Dan posted:

Everyone was estimating Kira's kill count, but I just realized it actually says right here.

That's surprisingly low, compared to the figure of 1000 or so people were guessing. Still record-breaking for post-1950 Japan, and he's not even counting the people he murdered for being eyewitnesses, but not unheard of for real people without Stand powers in other countries, including First World countries in recent times; compare Gary Ridgway.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Nah. See, it's 48 women with pretty hands. There's also the ones with so-so hands but great fingernails, the ones with interesting scars or birthmarks, the ones who were good for an evening but he didn't want to date, the ones whose hands were kind of ugly but had a great personality...

Even a man as perfect as Kira Yoshikage has trouble finding women who meet all of his standards, but he doesn't let that keep him out of the dating scene.

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
Yeah, that is just the women that he found attractive. He's probably not counting people like men and women that he wasn't attracted to. We know that figure can't be the exact number of people he killed because Shigechi was someone who he killed because of evidence.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
IIRC Kira uses his finger nail clippings to perform divination - cause he's a weirdo - and tends to be more active when he feels his luck is good, or when his urges are too strong to contain, so presumably there are periods of his life where he "Isn't seeing anybody," and "Isn't looking for anyone right now."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Specifically, if his nails grow over 30cm total he's "UNSTOPPABLE!"

Kira's a real weird dude.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 29, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone have any good edits ready for 'Yoshikage Kira and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day'?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I am ready as hell for "Sheer Heart Attack... jakuten wa nai"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Shia Hato Atakku.....jakuten wa nai [explosion] [slow look over the shoulder] may be the best part in all ofAll Star Battle

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Did David skip Kira talking about the Mona Lisa or is that from later on?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Boner speech is in the very, very end of the manga, when Kira plants Bites The Dust on the nurse and confesses everything to her to try and escape, right before the ambulance backs over him

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

WrightOfWay posted:

Did David skip Kira talking about the Mona Lisa or is that from later on?

That's way later on isn't it? Like literally the last fight

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

kira is all hosed up and covered in blood with his new look when that happens, too. it's waaaaaaaaaaay in the future

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's moments before he dies, he's setting up Bites The Dust in the nurse before he gets ORAORAORA'd under the amberlamps

Moltrey said this, but it wasn't memed up enough so I reject it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Moltrey posted:

Kira is a horrible murderer, I watched him kill a middle school boy, and I would trust him way more than I do any terrible idol fan

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Thanks, I couldn't remember if it was something he said to Shigechi or if it was during Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Correct, accurate, I'd trust Kira before I trusted Joshuu

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Kira would probably not do anything to hurt you unless you interfered with his quiet life or he liked your hand

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

guess who's back

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/770444730467487744

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/770453192106766336

Olive! fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 30, 2016

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Moltrey posted:

The Boner speech is in the very, very end of the manga, when Kira plants Bites The Dust on the nurse and confesses everything to her to try and escape, right before the ambulance backs over him

Would this even work? When hes setting up Bites The Dust everyone already knows his secret. Would it activate in that case?

e: Well Duh, BTD will activate whenever anyone finds out about him, not just Josuke and co. And its not like he specifically needs to kill Jotaro with it. I guess the nurse will tell a cop, the cop would immediately die and time would reset. I wonder if, this being a new loop, only the cop would be fated to die now and Rohan would be off the hook in the new loop?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/762464208021708801

People's frustration with Giorno's stand remains the best.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Meme Emulator posted:

Would this even work? When hes setting up Bites The Dust everyone already knows his secret. Would it activate in that case?
In theory, yeah? He's already placed Bites The Dust on the woman so he doesn't have Killer Queen, Bites The Dust activates whenever anyone knows anything about Kira, so if he just placed it on anyone, told them his secret, they would die, unless Bites The Dust HAS to be placed on a cipher? Bites the Dust is weird because it's like the only Stand ability that can only be used on non Stand Users. I don't remember if Hayato already knew his dad was Kira at this point or not, if so then Bites The Dust could never kill Hayato. I feel like if the woman had to tell someone else like Hayato did with Rohan, Kira would be dead before that happened since he's bleeding out on the pavement right there and all the Morioh boys are in his eyesight.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
I imagine that Kira has some manual control over triggering bites the dust once its planted to let it do a time reset, so long as he's fulfilled the condition of revealing who and what he is to someone else. It would explain how he was able to reset time when he killed Hayato (Maybe he told the secret to his wife to plant it first and then just instantly hit the button).

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

JDRockefeller posted:

I imagine that Kira has some manual control over triggering bites the dust once its planted to let it do a time reset, so long as he's fulfilled the condition of revealing who and what he is to someone else. It would explain how he was able to reset time when he killed Hayato (Maybe he told the secret to his wife to plant it first and then just instantly hit the button).

Bites the Dust will never harm it's target directly, and will even actively protect it(Kira tries to strike Hayato near the end and Killer Queen physically stops him from doing so).

EDIT: I misread, that wasn't your point at all. I believe it has to fulfill the condition of the target telling someone else Kira's identity in any way before it can trigger. But then that ambulance scene is strange and ughhh my brain, maybe it does work both ways

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

page in question EDIT: about a point I misread so it's pointless, but it's still a cool fun fact about BTD so whatever

Actually that chapter's really interesting in terms of Hayato's gambit, since he says "I've failed!" after Kira realizes that BtD won't let him hurt Hayato and holds himself back. I'm guessing the initial plan was to have Kira cause a big enough scene via beating Hayato that Josuke would step in, but then he blurts out his name and welp.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Aug 30, 2016