Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

so maggie was priming, knowing that was coming. god she's awful.

And now the press can go hog wild asking questions about why Huma did this but Hillary didn't do it with Bill. JUST ASKING QUESTIONS HERE...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Phone posted:

Hot take predictor:

Why does the Clinton campaign have a bunch of divorcees on it? This is proof that Clinton doesn't value strong families or family values.

It would require the largest :ironicat: known to man.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Phone posted:

Hot take predictor:

Why does the Clinton campaign have a bunch of divorcees on it? This is proof that Clinton doesn't value strong families or family values.

I agree, only because the Trump campaign seems to only bring up Clinton scandals/problems that Trump is actually worse on.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Watch the Right spin this as bad for Hillary because she stayed married to Bill.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/770274286552682496

By the way it's the "Bored Media's Trump Comeback Narrative" month.

Wait what? Is she really comparing Weiner to the loving CEO of Trump's campaign in terms of relevance?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

iospace posted:

It would require the largest :ironicat: known to man.

Which means that it's definitely going to happen, then.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

Lets play the ol' embryo is a person game. Even when people are dying of natural causes, we don't merely accept their death as a fait accompli but we do everything we can to spare their lives. Hence modern medicine. So if embryos are people and millions are dying from first trimester failures, pro-lifers should be investing millions in ways to prevent this. They should be running a Manhattan program to alter the basic functioning of the female reproductive system. But they aren't because they really just want to control female sexuality. To state the obvious.

This is a fun game where people state that since people they disagree with aren't giving 100%, they are being disingenuous. But you can do this with anything. Think homelessness it bad? Why aren't you housing some in your home? Think poverty is bad? Why aren't you giving every cent to charity? It's a really weak argument put forth by people who don't want to actually have a discussing, but just circle jerk about how right they are in their opinions.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nucleic Acids posted:

Watch the Right spin this as bad for Hillary because she stayed married to Bill.

Though Bill is known to have only screwed up once (pubicly, anyway). This is Weiner's second time, and a child was involved.

Though part of me wonders if he got catfished.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mcmagic posted:

Wait what? Is she really comparing Weiner to the loving CEO of Trump's campaign in terms of relevance?

Remember, both sides are bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Gotta horse race that poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

It's almost like members of the political press are, in fact, dumb as gently caress.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SimonCat posted:

This is a fun game where people state that since people they disagree with aren't giving 100%, they are being disingenuous. But you can do this with anything. Think homelessness it bad? Why aren't you housing some in your home? Think poverty is bad? Why aren't you giving every cent to charity? It's a really weak argument put forth by people who don't want to actually have a discussing, but just circle jerk about how right they are in their opinions.

Are you done with your temper tantrum?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

And now the press can go hog wild asking questions about why Huma did this but Hillary didn't do it with Bill. JUST ASKING QUESTIONS HERE...

Because she's craven and power hungry, duh.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Are there laws forcing miscarriages to get funerals?
In Indiana, yes, actually. Thank Pence for that.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/state-mandated-mourning-for-aborted-fetuses/482688/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's almost like members of the political press are, in fact, dumb as gently caress.

Oh I think they know what they are doing.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

socialsecurity posted:

Are there laws forcing miscarriages to get funerals?

My aunt buried two of hers in the cemetery with full funeral rights.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Phone posted:

Are you done with your temper tantrum?

You don't actually have an argument to make, do you?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SimonCat posted:

You don't actually have an argument to make, do you?

You sure as poo poo don't.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

iospace posted:

Though Bill is known to have only screwed up once (pubicly, anyway). This is Weiner's second time, and a child was involved.

Though part of me wonders if he got catfished.
I know a joke exists for tricking Weiner into sending dick pics that combines "catfish" and "shooting fish in a barrel", but I can't get it just right.

Workshop this with me, D&D.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Edit: Wrong tweet. Meant to have the Trump CEO one.

Does everyone on the Trump Train go out of their way to be comically evil?

mcmagic posted:

"Fair and Balanced", so both sides are always equally bad. Sure, one has open white supremacists, scammed thousands out of their life savings, and is still getting support from Russian plants; but did you hear about those dastardly emails?

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 29, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Seriously. It's pretty clear a lot of them have no idea what they are talking about or have no professional pride to not report this mess as anything but a horse race.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Phone posted:

You sure as poo poo don't.

Thanks for proving my point.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Inferior Third Season posted:

I know a joke exists for tricking Weiner into sending dick pics that combines "catfish" and "shooting fish in a barrel", but I can't get it just right.

Workshop this with me, D&D.

Getting a guy named Weiner to send you pics of his weiner

poo poo, you're right. Harder than it seems.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SimonCat posted:

Thanks for proving my point.

Go to Ask Jeeves if you want to ask some questions.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Geostomp posted:

Does everyone on the Trump Train go out of their way to be comically evil?

Uh... Huma is one of Clinton's closest advisors and Anthony is her husband.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of Wrestlemania, I don't know what's going to be worse: Trump's debate skills or the punches he threw at Wrestlemania. It's a drat close argument.

Phone posting so I can't link the match unfortunately.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

SimonCat posted:

Also, ideology doesn't have to be internally consistent or logical to be perceived by followers as true, so who gives a poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

Oh I think they know what they are doing.

Oh they do.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

iospace posted:

Uh... Huma is one of Clinton's closest advisors and Anthony is her husband.

I'm assuming Geostomp meant to quote the nearby tweet about Bannon.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pakled posted:

Possibly, ah well. And now the false equivalency has been established anyway in the media because LOLWEWANTCLICKS.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I can't believe anyone is interested in Anthoy Weiner in 2016....

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

SimonCat posted:

No, it's not that pro-lifers aren't giving 100%, it's that they are focusing entirely on the embryopeople who die from abortion and not those that die as failed early pregnancies, even though the latter is far more common. If you actually believe that life begins at conception you don't get to pick and choose which lives matter. Pro-lifers should be holding funerals with tampons inside little coffins.

... and that's me for this particularly pointless prolife debate.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

Just to gently caress with pro-lifers I want to build a device I call the Zygote Holocaust Engine. You just throw in a bucket of sperm and a few million discarded ova, and it automatically fertilizes each egg and then deep fries the lot. Does that make me a psychopath?

Where the hell are you going to find a million discarded ova

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I don't think anyone is other than people trying to draw a false equivalence for page views.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

mcmagic posted:

He literally just had a movie come out about him this spring.

And that's still not really a good enough reason.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

SimonCat posted:

It's not the amount of effort, its the inconsistency with which it's applied. Pro-lifers put a lot of effort into preventing one specific type of abortion, which pales in numerical comparison to spontaneous abortions. It's pretty clear they care more about the lesser of the two.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The media is desperate for a vaguely Clinton campaign-related thing that they can wag their finger at.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

I know a guy.

Seriously, though, medical waste. Each woman has about 300,000 ova and ovaries are removed for all kinds of reasons. Millions is low-balling it.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pakled posted:

That is the case, yes. I got the wrong one without looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mcmagic posted:

Because his wife is one of Hillary's closest advisors? Otherwise, he's nothing.

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

The Abortionplex that Planned Parenthood built.

• Locked thread