Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Defiant Sally posted:

SC2 and poo poo?

they return to the competitive fregan scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

dicks assassin posted:

eg voted out ppd but it turns out ppd owns the team so :byewhore:

Source?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I'm making poo poo up but it would explain why everyone but ppd left.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

dicks assassin posted:

In real news,
2016-08-28 07:16:21 PDT Ferrari_430 () Invictus Gaming (ID: 86767173) Left the team

:negative:

He was more loyal to this org than Wang Sicong, so I don't blame him for leaving.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

a post by someone plausible (5-s, who afaik has been playing inhouses with NAdota people forever) on liquiddota

at this point it really seems like everyone has been trolling everyone though, so it may turn out to be at least partly untrue

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zurreco posted:

Didn't Moo already confirm he was with coL?

He never confirmed anything

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Moo going to Complexity would be the saddest ending ever.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

There's no way that ppd and Universe alone stick around

...right? :smith:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

emdash posted:

at this point it really seems like everyone has been trolling everyone though

Which is totally unheard of in the Dota 2 Twitter scene.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Zurreco posted:

There's no way that ppd and Universe alone stick around

...right? :smith:

I'm very confident that between one and three of the EG roster drops are fake/trolling

don't take it seriously til something real is announced, is what I'm saying

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

emdash posted:

I'm very confident that between one and three of the EG roster drops are fake/trolling

don't take it seriously til something real is announced, is what I'm saying

thats from the official list that reports to valve, i doubt eg is trolling valve
http://www.dota2.com/majorsregistration/list

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
lol at people thinking players put this much effort into trolling redditors

quote:

EvilGeniusesYouth.gg

EG.Y Arteezy
EG.Y SumaiL
EG.Y zai
EG.Y Cr1t (c)
EG.Y SVG

EvilGeniusesRetirement.gg

EG.R Fear
EG.R Jeyo
EG.R Universe
EG.R ppd (c)
EG.R DeMoN

:chanpop:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Brinner posted:

the hecks that from

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
hell

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

thats from the official list that reports to valve, i doubt eg is trolling valve
http://www.dota2.com/majorsregistration/list

Wasn't some of the MVP drogs due to contract negotiations etc.? Couldn't that be a reason?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I DON'T KNOW WHATS REAL ANYMORE

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Unfunny Poster posted:

Wasn't some of the MVP drogs due to contract negotiations etc.? Couldn't that be a reason?

MVP's sponsorship of that roster ran out after TI, so there was no reason for that roster to continue to play together and not dissolve into the rest of SEA and beyond. Especially as the ease of operating abroad as a player is becoming easier for everyone outside of China now. This is why "a team of people bonded together by a shared nationality" is working for nobody other than China and (however briefly) EG.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Brinner posted:

EvilGeniusesYouth.gg

EG.Y Arteezy
EG.Y SumaiL
EG.Y zai
EG.Y Cr1t (c)
EG.Y SVG

EvilGeniusesRetirement.gg

EG.R Fear
EG.R Jeyo
EG.R Universe
EG.R ppd (c)
EG.R DeMoN

this is extremely my poo poo

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

steakmancer posted:

this is extremely my poo poo

if only it were real

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
All this reshuffle drama is well and good, but when's Arc Warden getting added to competitive?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Not until he gets nerfed some more

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If Earth Spirit is any indication then Arc Warden won't see competitive for ages.

I wonder if Pit Lord is even gonna get any balance changes before getting into captain's mode. Seems like they just need to fix the bugs and then they could toss him in without destroying the meta.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Kild posted:

the hecks that from

NADota, I liked it though. In all seriousness if twitch has absorbed EG fully I wouldn't be suprised if they had a couple of teams running this year.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Brinner posted:

ahaha that would own so hard

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

If Earth Spirit is any indication then Arc Warden won't see competitive for ages.

I wonder if Pit Lord is even gonna get any balance changes before getting into captain's mode. Seems like they just need to fix the bugs and then they could toss him in without destroying the meta.

UNDERLORD is too good in the right hands, kind of like Earth Spirit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

is tobi the one that made a racist joke after getting egged on, around the start of dota2 tourney stuff

yes he made a racist "joke" that didn't make any sense while getting all chat poo poo talked while on singsing stream.

we thought he lost grand finals for that but it was more likely that during the online qualifiers he didn't cast the games valve assigned him and cast the bigger draws instead.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Peanut President posted:

Yea while I'm enjoying him a lot I don't expect the aoe magic immunity piercing disable to stick around too long. It's like when winters curse was, at worst, a 3 second magic immunity piercing disable, then got nerfed into making it only worth using it if they actually did have teammates around.
Firestorm is pretty mediocre in fights but makes clearing stacks really easy, and his ult is just a straight better version of relocate for defensive purposes. Underlord really just does a lot of things heroes that other heroes can't anymore, like how pre-nerf ET could destroy mid or when Io tether used to stun.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
a short range disable that is removed by bkb, manta, you can purge it etc. i think that would be the ability that doesnt get nerfed on the hero honestly. probably will make atrophy not work on ancients and make fire storm not do its % damage to roshan,

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Peanut President posted:

pit lord is not good

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Up Circle posted:

pit lord is not good

he's actually good

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Pitlord is a really good 3.5 position once he gets his mana regen rolling.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Zurreco posted:

Pitlord is a really good 3.5 position once he gets his mana regen rolling.

Mana regen isn't even that big a deal as his int growth is decent, just get a wand and save up for mana boots. I don't know if it's worth putting him solo offlane but he really destroys 1v1 matchups.
Also:

Up Circle posted:

pit lord is not good

mikeraskol posted:

he's actually good

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Pit Lord is terrible so long as the meta is about 5 man teamfighting and not pushing/stalling.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Equilibrium posted:

Pit Lord is terrible so long as the meta is about 5 man teamfighting and not pushing/stalling.

he's actually good

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
pit lord is NOT good

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Equilibrium posted:

He's actually best played in five on five scenarios since his aura makes your team tankier, and he's got both aoe crowd control and damage. His ult is best used as a way to get your teammates out of bad situations than trying to rat, or as a way to push down a weakly defended lane after winning a teamfight since you just picked up an extra 200 damage.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Azgalor is no longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I hope Pit Lord makes it into CM mode and we get to see a fun match with him before he gets nerfed to uselessness like Arc Warden

• Locked thread