Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Gort posted:

So what's a good character build/set of equipment for stealth?

Skills-wise, Cheeto basically covered it all. I'm personally a fan of making the room for sensor tripmines - if you can't just ECM rush the heist, they're invaluable so you can keep tabs on guards.

In terms of weapons, it depends on the heist. A lot of civs? Bring a (not Silent motor) saw - it has a gigantic hearing range for making civs duck and you don't use ammo if you're just revving it in the air. Murky guards? I bring the Cavity, which is a wonderful combination of concealable, accurate and high enough damage that you can put down an alerted Murky in two quick taps. A shotgun (usually the Judge or the Raven) is solid for the aforementioned lobbing of corpses into good spots. I also like to haul along the Bernetti, less because it's a good weapon and more because it has a +3 concealment boost that gives me more wiggle room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
My favourite part of stealth is alt-tabbing for the 15 or so minutes while everyone else does the work

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Concordat posted:

Kill everyone and delete corpses.

not everyone is as poo poo at this game as fauxton, buddy

Insert name here posted:

My favourite part of stealth is alt-tabbing for the 15 or so minutes while everyone else does the work

also this. You guys don't like taking a break, getting something to drink or eat, finding your substance of choice? It's fantastic when someone wants to stealth.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Actually no I lied the best part of stealth is tabbing back in because the one dude who was adamant about stealthing a heist says he's done just in time to see him gently caress up and run into a laser or something

Especially on heists where the stealth escape runs off and you have to wait for the loud escape zone to spawn

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
my favorite part is when I get seen from around the corner or through a wall because of host desync

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Laputanmachine posted:

Election Day 2 warehouse is fun to stealth. The objective requires zero bag hauling, lots of entryways, there's a lot of wiggle room inside the warehouse to escape guards and the big buck loot bags are right next to your van once you've completed the hack.

I feel like Firestarter day 1 would be a fun stealth map if they got rid of the psychic link to the police that all the gang members have. Make it like Big Oil day 1 where so long as none of them get a shot off you're in the clear.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

My favourite part is leaving the lobby. Ukrainian Job and Diamond Store are the only group stealth I can really stomach.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Most stealth maps are best done in groups of 2 anyway. It's rare that the 3rd or 4th have anything to do.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I feel like Firestarter day 1 would be a fun stealth map if they got rid of the psychic link to the police that all the gang members have. Make it like Big Oil day 1 where so long as none of them get a shot off you're in the clear.

Not All Gangsters- and remember, Firestarter day 1 isn't supposed to be stealthable at all.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 29, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Oh look it's me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRXUaEZpmfY

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I would just like to note my disappointment that, despite being an auto-fire special weapon, the Flamethrower does not benefit from Body Expertise.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Good, they should suffer longer :getin:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
New roulette

It's terrible

Also crafted some new masks:

RIP Harambe

Show me your PON PON PON masks

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
that gorilla mask will go well with my Thanatos, which I've named Harambe's Bain.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

:eyepop:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

that gorilla mask will go well with my Thanatos, which I've named Harambe's Bain.

Bain or Bane? Or did I miss the pun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Show me your PON PON PON masks

Ooh, I have a collection of these.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Tempest_56 posted:

I would just like to note my disappointment that, despite being an auto-fire special weapon, the Flamethrower does not benefit from Body Expertise.

The flamethrower either doesn't have a headshot multiplier or its multiplier is 1 so body expertise either affects it but doesn't change the damage, or doesn't affect it because it would reduce its damage.

If I understand the game's systems properly.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Psion posted:

not everyone is as poo poo at this game as fauxton, buddy

100% correct. Stealth requires a shitload more teamwork and patience than I give any fucks about putting forth.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

watho posted:

The flamethrower either doesn't have a headshot multiplier or its multiplier is 1 so body expertise either affects it but doesn't change the damage, or doesn't affect it because it would reduce its damage.

If I understand the game's systems properly.

Not how headshot damage works, unfortunately. Each enemy has its own headshot multiplier.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Fire weapons (namely Flamethrowers and Dragon's Breath) can activate Bullseye but cannot headshot. Go figure.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

My pipe, it fattens. Details to come in an update to the game, sometime soon!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just want a new sale :colbert:

I started playing again just as the summer sale ended so I missed out on all the current DLC, and hell no I'm not paying full price for everything since the Alesso Heist.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I touched the stove last night and got some Viking Achievement on Counterfeit because we ran so many printings. I was running around with Akimbo Heathers and a Judge wrecking a ton of police face and it was a ton of fun. I had the Gambler deck so I was heath self-sufficient and only had to pick up ammo from a bag once the whole ~hour.

Could anyone a good Assault Rifle that has a large ammo pool that I can spray bullets with (kinda like the Akimbo setup)? I have a 100 Acc/100 Stab Eagle Rifle that is fun, but I use it as "fire a single shot or a short burst at somethings face" rather than spray bullets while running around like an idiot, in part because it does such high damage but has a smaller ammo pool that runs out quickly if I am not careful. I think I remember some goons talking up either the Bootleg, Lion's Roar, or Queens Wrath?

Renegret posted:

I just want a new sale :colbert:

I started playing again just as the summer sale ended so I missed out on all the current DLC, and hell no I'm not paying full price for everything since the Alesso Heist.
I need a sale again too, have to stock up on the rest of the DLC that I didnt buy on the summer sale because I had just started playing the game a lot and did not want to over spend.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Someone asked about stealth loadouts earlier, and here's mine (I don't know why PD2skills thinks I'm going beyond the skillpoint total). At max level you've got room for practically everything you could possibly need. A few notes:
  • Portable Saw ace makes it possible to one-click deposit boxes as long as you've got a single damage increasing mod on your saw. Go with either fast motor & durable blade or quiet motor & sharp blade.
  • If you take ammo bags as a secondary deployable, either ace Extra Lead or don't invest anything in it. If you don't ace Extra Lead you'll bring a single 300% ammo bag regardless of whether you get basic.
  • On most stealth heists you should send all the saw and ammo skillpoints into silencer skills, the ammo bag is only there for cracking deposit boxes.
  • Kickstarter basic actually overrides Hardware Expert ace, giving the full 30% autorestart chance despite what the skill text says. This might change in the future but for now why spend 3 points on a skill that does nothing?
  • Optical Illusions ace eliminates the concealment penalty of medium suppressors, champion's suppressors, and silent killer suppressors. Go hog wild with those.
  • There's little reason to have a stealth gun in auto-fire so make use of those single-fire weapon mods, the additional accuracy is nice when most of the +concealment mods tank that stat.

My typical weapon loadout is Cavity & 000 Judge, though I intend to experiment with a slug Judge. Alternate loadout is 000 Breaker & Baby Deagle, though a 000 Raven works in a pinch. Maximum concealment guns for either slot are CAR-4 or Valkyrie and Bernetti, I keep those around for toting with a saw.

I keep a max-concealment loud gun available as a noisemaker to help keep civilians down. The only two stats that matter on a noisemaker gun are concealment and alert radius. A loud saw can serve this role and has more alert radius than loud guns but less concealment.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 31, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Bort Bortles posted:

Could anyone a good Assault Rifle that has a large ammo pool that I can spray bullets with (kinda like the Akimbo setup)? I have a 100 Acc/100 Stab Eagle Rifle that is fun, but I use it as "fire a single shot or a short burst at somethings face" rather than spray bullets while running around like an idiot, in part because it does such high damage but has a smaller ammo pool that runs out quickly if I am not careful. I think I remember some goons talking up either the Bootleg, Lion's Roar, or Queens Wrath?

The Bootleg rifle is really fun, I really like using the Clarion as well. I used the Gecko occasionally before the rebalance but haven't touched it since.

The true answer though is to use an LMG.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bort Bortles posted:

The 553, Bootleg, and Clarion great for this. The AK5, AK, and CAR-4 requires a little more control but are also good options. LMGs are the best for just going nuts, and they're all pretty solid. RPK and Brenner handle more like ARs if that's your thing but I really encourage you to go full bullethose with the KSP and MG42.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The big downside of the Bootleg is that it feels underpowered.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Bort Bortles posted:

I was hot on the Bootleg for a while, but it's lost the luster. It's a halfway point between ARs and LMGs, but in practice I've found it gives up just a bit too much to get there. I also used to really love the Lion's Roar, and it's a good gun. But it (like the Queen's Wrath and the Bootleg) have really long reloads - like their short reloads are slower than the long reloads of many similar ARs. What I've been using lately:

- Clarion's a great bullet hose. It needs a little modding to get the damage up to par (and I loathe the iron sights), but it's fun and can even work as a concealable weapon.
- AK5 is my go-to as a generalist AR. It has a solid mixture of stats so that it's good-ish at basically everything - and it takes CAR-type mods, so you've got a lot of flexibility and the quad stack.
- Skipping straight to LMGs is an option. I like the KSP for the huge magazine, but they're all good choices. Mod for stability. The RPK in particular is basically just the Bootleg, sacrificing some stability for damage, fire rate, total ammo, accuracy, reload speed and a bipod.
- And of course the Vulcan, because it's the Platonic ideal of 'large ammo pool, spray bullets while running around like an idiot'.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
The only problem with the Vulcan is that you have to get out of the mentality of reloading once you clear a group of cops, since you're basically a sitting duck for half a minute or so.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
One extra note about the Clarion: it's an excellent silent killer gun. Even with a "bigger the better" suppressor it's got high concealment compared to other ARs, and the accuracy/stability boosts from the skills really let you make the most of its crazy rate of fire. Plus the damage boosts from skills bring it well into line with ARs that get a smaller ammo pool.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thanks for all of the feedback. Once I hit V-100 I decided I needed to use something other than the Eagle or a DMR'd G3 (either always with an HE Judge). I have tried a whole bunch of different builds with Akimbo Pistols and SMGs, LMGs, and Shotguns. Everything is always paired with an HE Judge.
As stated, I really enjoy the Akimbo Heathers. With them silenced and all the right skills I have their accuracy up high enough that I only have to spray a few bullets to hit a sniper that isnt an unreasonable distance away.
I also enjoyed Shotguns once I started using a certain one that I cannot remember the name of but dislike being useless at longer ranges.
I enjoy LMGs, especially when I am in a spot that I can put the bipod down, but the lack of sights when not using the bipod and the long range inaccuracy make it harder for me to enjoy them (I have think I have tried both RPKs and the Buzzsaw?).

I think my problem is that I am too addicted to having long range accuracy (ARs as primary) and a way to easily deal with Shields and Dozers (HE Judge as secondary).

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Ace Far Away and never worry about shotguns not being useful at range ever again. That skill is seriously underrated.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The upcoming free weekend will likely come with another sale.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

watho posted:

Ace Far Away and never worry about shotguns not being useful at range ever again. That skill is seriously underrated.

So much this. With a HE shotgun and Far Away aced you can countersnipe effectively on all maps with the possible exception of the bomb heists. Flechettes work pretty darn well, too.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Discendo Vox posted:

My pipe, it fattens. Details to come in an update to the game, sometime soon!

Good to hear. I imagine that they are a little gunshy to announce any pc stuff without at least some kind of console news. Could be wrong but hopefully that is the case.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Oh, important bug note. Per the steam forums, examining your gun if it has a bipod attached(or possibly if it can have a bipod attached will sometimes cause a crash. The code cause has been identified and will be fixed soon.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

swims posted:

Good to hear. I imagine that they are a little gunshy to announce any pc stuff without at least some kind of console news. Could be wrong but hopefully that is the case.

they have literally never been gunshy to discuss PC things and not give a gently caress about consoles, swims

i'm sorry to break this to you

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I can't wait for when they let us have mix and match Akimbo guns

Cobra in one hand, Jacket's Piece in the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
They've gotta be a little gunshy about something based on those achievements popping up and then disappearing - Did they ever say what that was about?