Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Pakled posted:

At least I've never met anyone who likes ENT the best.

You've never met my father-in-law, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey is a better movie than Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Rhyno posted:

Look at this bullshit opinion right here.

The makers of Bill and Ted recognize the superiority of the Seventh Seal! Just look at Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

PenguinKnight posted:

Boy I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

I mean, are we supposed to believe this is some sort of magic space station?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I definitely gravitate toward stuff like TNG and TOS if I just want mindless tv while I relax. DS9 is great, but you get more out of it if you're watching as part of a series or season watch.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

SwissCM posted:

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey is a better movie than Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

:eyepop:

Excellent Adventure was one of the best, going in blind movie experiences I have ever had. Bogus Journey was, well it was bogus that's for sure.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pakled posted:

At least I've never met anyone who likes ENT the best.

Small parts of ENT might be the best, but as a series? Heck no.

My irrational dreams of season five, however, get close.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pakled posted:

I've met multiple (!) people who say that DS9 is the worst Trek and Voyager is the best.

That's nothing, I once met someone who said Nemesis was better than Wrath of Khan.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

That's nothing, I once met someone who said Nemesis was better than Wrath of Khan.

Do they also prefer eating wax display fruit to actual fruit

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

disregard

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pakled posted:

I've met multiple (!) people who say that DS9 is the worst Trek and Voyager is the best.

The STO playerbase were given a choice of what series to make the next expansion based off of. They overwhelmingly voted voyager.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Voyager vs. Deep Space Nine: The Great Trek Schism

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tunicate posted:

The STO playerbase were given a choice of what series to make the next expansion based off of. They overwhelmingly voted voyager.

Never played it, but VOY does seem the most pew-pew friendly of the bunch I suppose.

I need some quantum slipstream batmobile armor in my holographic borg nanolung unimatrix!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Tunicate posted:

I can kiiiiiinda understand this, if only because Voyager's got a greater variety of unique locations and races and ships.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Behold: Axanar's latest Hail Mary.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I went to this magic card store and was talkin' shows and guys there were like "DS9 is the worst Trek, we love Dr. Who"

I probably shouldn't go there anymore

Of course you shouldn't. Not only is their Star Trek opinion wrong they mispelled Doctor Who. :colbert:

Tunicate posted:

Mainly because they felt Cryptic would "get Voyager right."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

CobiWann posted:

Mainly because they felt Cryptic would "get Voyager right."

Lazy, bad, and derivative?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Nessus posted:

Like aliens of the basically-human stripe who are all trying to be loud flashy battlers against each other even though the stakes are something like "become president" or "secure resources for my family." Like if Kirk ran into the Hunger Games or something. That would have an interesting premise, and it would also call back to an actual moral issue, that of interventionism - just what the gently caress are they supposed to do about this bullshit situation?

I've got you covered fam.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

"Join the campaign to save fan films from the strict guidelines that CBS never would have implemented if we hadn't acted like petulant children."

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
My brother-in-law likes Enterprise the best. He grew up more than less a casual fan of TNG/DS9/VOY.

I really hope, with only three or four lines, Discovery makes it impossible to fanwank Axanar into canon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Echo Chamber posted:

I really hope, with only three or four lines, Discovery makes it impossible to fanwank Axanar into canon.

Yes please.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

"What of the Battle of Axanar, Commander?"

"Oh that was just something made up by stupid, stupid assholes."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Otisburg posted:

"Battle of what? That's not a thing."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Cojawfee posted:

"Battle of what? That's not a thing."

Yes it is, since TOS. Garth of Izar fought in it.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Axanar

I'm sure it'd be possible to casually dismiss whatever details the fan film people came up with for it, but the event itself (whatever it was) has been canon for a long time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Powered Descent posted:

I'm sure it'd be possible to casually dismiss whatever details the fan film people came up with for it, but the event itself (whatever it was) has been canon for a long time.

"That's some poo poo we made up to scare the Andorians."

Done.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I feel like any acknowledgement of that guy and his lovely fan film is more than he or anyone still involved with him deserves

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
"Fuckin' Garth of Izar. Dude's been a staff puke the last 15 years and they're saying he's some brilliant tactician at some backwater skirmish. Look at the loving records, man. He's the loving logistics officer of Starbase 8 and they're writing him up for a decoration because he managed to find Admiral Whatshisnuts a supply of Andorian moonshine.

That's how it is in this loving fleet. You have your nose firmly up the brass' rear end and they shower you with medals. We fuckin' fought off the loving Orion vanguard and not a fuckin' peep."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I really need to watch that show.

Nah though I think you could get something interesting out of it, you could even, in a serial environment, revisit the planet later, possibly even with some modest nuance that even idiots can comprehend. ("They stopped the Purge, but now people miss the Purge, because some other bad poo poo is happening!")

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol at trying to invalidate an rear end in a top hat's lovely writing by spewing lovely writing of your own

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Nessus posted:

Nah though I think you could get something interesting out of it, you could even, in a serial environment, revisit the planet later, possibly even with some modest nuance that even idiots can comprehend. ("They stopped the Purge, but now people miss the Purge, because some other bad poo poo is happening!")

You're right, you do need to watch it.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

Garth of Izard should just be Garth of Wayne's World.

Finished up season 3 of TNG. Locutus of Borg shouldn't have been over in a two parter. it's such a neat concept to just be done with it immediately. Worf's parents are really great, too :3:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

PenguinKnight posted:

Finished up season 3 of TNG. Locutus of Borg shouldn't have been over in a two parter. it's such a neat concept to just be done with it immediately.
On the one hand yeah, though I can't imagine the writers were confident enough to shake the status quo up that much and leave Ryker in charge for too long. Trying to track down Locutus/foil the cube would have meant making the Borg less of a threat.

On the other hand, you try watching BoBW part 1 then sitting around all summer wondering what the gently caress was going to happen arggghhhhhh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, the Ocampa have their babies out their backs.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo, the Ocampa have their babies out their backs.

Ocampa can only reproduce once in their life. If they miss the opportunity it will never happen again.

They give birth to a single child.

Voyager writers, ladies and gentlemen.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Tunicate posted:

Ocampa can only reproduce once in their life. If they miss the opportunity it will never happen again.

So like, space pandas then.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

PenguinKnight posted:

Finished up season 3 of TNG. Locutus of Borg shouldn't have been over in a two parter. it's such a neat concept to just be done with it immediately. Worf's parents are really great, too :3:
Doing things for more than a two-parter was pretty much unheard of back then, especially for a syndicated show.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hell, that was TNG's first two-parter.

They had to fight to have Picard's breakdown in Family as a follow-up, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Tunicate posted:

If that were the result of the Caretaker's fuckery then it would be a tragic story, but instead it just makes no sense--how does that species even exist still if each generation has only half as many people as the next one? Or do Ocampan men just bang every woman (i.e. One year or older) in sight? Even then I'm not sure it would work.