Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MacheteZombie posted:

Taking on his evil mirror seems like a logical place for post-BvS batman to go in his solo movie.

They should combine the evil mirror cliche with the inverse color scheme cliche that Flash and Dr. Zoom have going on and have Deathstroke dress all in white.

greatn posted:

Jason David Frank

I want to take this moment to say how much I hate people whose last name is also a first name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
How do you even watch DC anything?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

How do you even watch DC anything?

With gnashing teeth. Wolverine is my favorite comic book character.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Grendels Dad posted:

I want to take this moment to say how much I hate people whose last name is also a first name.

Did you know that the top three ranked featherweights in MMA have seven first names between them

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

They should combine the evil mirror cliche with the inverse color scheme cliche that Flash and Dr. Zoom have going on and have Deathstroke dress all in white.

Batman should fight Samurai Jack like in the ninja episode.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Grendels Dad posted:

Reverse-Batman would be bright gold with a black logo and utility belt. That would be something.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

Did you know that the top three ranked featherweights in MMA have seven first names between them

That's why I'm a wrestling fan.

Undertaker, The.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Halloween Jack posted:

Reverse-Batman would be bright gold with a black logo and utility belt. That would be something.

Instead of the night, he'd be a champion of the sun; a master of karate and friendship for everyone!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 29, 2016

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Undertaker, The.
Mark Calaway set to play Deadman in next Green Lantern movie.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

RBA Starblade posted:

a master of karate and friendship for everyone

Every time I see this quote it takes me a solid minute to remember it's from Always Sunny and not a The National lyric

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
it should be in The National Anthem though.

Oh you said The National.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What is the best anti-Batman origin story?

A) Parents murdered by cop
B) murdered own parents
C) Parents brought to life by mugger
D) Parents killed a mugger
E) Your parents killed Batman's parents
F) You were killed by your parents
G) The only thing you were not afraid of as a child was bats, so when your parents were killed you said "I must become a everything that isn't a Bat"

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Bat predators include owls, hawks, snakes, weasels and raccoons.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

This is just me making wild and silly speculation, but if Deathstroke's a mercenary then presumably the plot of the film will revolve around someone paying him to take out Batman, which means there's probably gonna be a secondary string pulling villain. Either that or a cabal of gangsters, but that's played out.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I definitely was getting confused reading this page thinking Deathstroke was Will Smith's character in Suicide Squad.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

greatn posted:

B) murdered own parents
G) The only thing you were not afraid of as a child was bats, so when your parents were killed you said "I must become a everything that isn't a Bat"
The one where Batman's parents die of old age; afterwards he discovers his father was a vicious crime boss and vows to oppose everything he stood for.

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

greatn posted:

B) murdered own parents

Instead of a bat crashing through the window it's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXCsiSfg-ms

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Your parents aren't killed, and years later after a happy childhood of not studying to do jack poo poo or any physical exercise at all you end up walking by some rich dude's window on your way home to play Call of Duty.

Cut to the title card:

FAT MAN BEGINS

e: MANKIND IS INTRODUCED TO A FAT MAN

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 29, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The story of a guy in hockey pads.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Grendels Dad posted:

Never trust a man with three first names.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Scyantific posted:

Don't even start man, DCTV is about to completely butcher the Prometheus name/character.

Prometheus always loving sucked. From day 1. His gimmick doesn't even make sense. He "downloads" fighting styles? And somehow he "downloaded" Batman's fighting style? Where the gently caress did he get that from? Also there's absolutely nothing about him that is reminiscient of the greek mythology Prometheus so his name makes no sense either.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 29, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The payoff of Batman hacking his machine to give him the physique and abilities of Stephen Hawking is hilarious though.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

greatn posted:

The payoff of Batman hacking his machine to give him the physique and abilities of Stephen Hawking is hilarious though.

The wettest fart of a comics panel. Probably one of my least favorite comics panels ever.

Where the gently caress did he download Stephen Hawking from? The way he shouts it at him like that. I hate this panel. It's such an un-earned victory too since earlier in the comic Batman got his rear end kicked and for some reason Prometheus didn't kill him.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
What about that famous horrific Injustice Batman face? That's gotta be a close second.

Third is the weird "floating eyes" angle on Batman as Superman flies away after wrecking the Batmobile in BvS.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I am unfamiliar with what you speak of, but I am very curious.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

10 Beers posted:

Never trust a man with three first names.

I trust Michael Clarke Duncan.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's dumb fun. Comics are allowed to be dumb sometimes

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Prometheus always loving sucked. From day 1. His gimmick doesn't even make sense. He "downloads" fighting styles? And somehow he "downloaded" Batman's fighting style? Where the gently caress did he get that from? Also there's absolutely nothing about him that is reminiscient of the greek mythology Prometheus so his name makes no sense either.

I see your bad opinions are not limited to the moving pictures industry.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I'm breathing a massive sigh of relief that the Affleck Batman movie villain isn't going to be Jared Leto's Joker or the Red Hood. That being said, as cool as Deathstroke is I'm betting there is going to be another villain in the mix because what would a mercenary like Deathstroke be up to by himself?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Calling it, Joker hires Deathstroke.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Proposition Joe posted:

I'm breathing a massive sigh of relief that the Affleck Batman movie villain isn't going to be Jared Leto's Joker or the Red Hood. That being said, as cool as Deathstroke is I'm betting there is going to be another villain in the mix because what would a mercenary like Deathstroke be up to by himself?

He's been hired by the Gotham Thugs and Mooks Union to reduce their absurd life insurance policy fees.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

That fits the DCEU's new Joker aesthetic as a mob guy and not as some supernatural force of chaos.

If you're upset about that let's remember: that is what Jack Nicholson's Joker was, too.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Seriously, DC knows Joker makes cash and SS marketing proves it. I'd bet the price of admission he shows.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That fits the DCEU's new Joker aesthetic as a mob guy and not as some supernatural force of chaos.

If you're upset about that let's remember: that is what Jack Nicholson's Joker was, too.

Wasn't the Joker originally just a clown-themed gangster?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Equeen posted:

Wasn't the Joker originally just a clown-themed gangster?

I actually know the answer to this because I asked it before: no! He's a serial killer with an elaborate plan to kill people at the stroke of midnight or some such. He becomes more of a clown gangster later, I think.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

No one is upset about the Jared Leto Joker for that reason.

Violator
May 15, 2003

What about that famous horrific Injustice Batman face? That's gotta be a close second.

Third is the weird "floating eyes" angle on Batman as Superman flies away after wrecking the Batmobile in BvS.

Yeah, I don't know about dat Injustice Batman face, but those floating eyes in BvS were pretty wacky.

Edit: Googling "stupid Injustice batman face" reveals it all.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

MacheteZombie posted:

it should be in The National Anthem though.

Oh you said The National.
I refuse to stand for The National until music is good again.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Equilibrium posted:

I see your bad opinions are not limited to the moving pictures industry.

He's practically "ORIGINAL CHARACTER (DO NOT STEAL)" personified. Even his hair is white for no loving reason. He literally downloaded the fighting styles of the top 30 martial artists using a Compact Disc, the same thing that Final Fantasy 7 needed 3 of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

He's practically "ORIGINAL CHARACTER (DO NOT STEAL)" personified. Even his hair is white for no loving reason. He literally downloaded the fighting styles of the top 30 martial artists using a Compact Disc, the same thing that Final Fantasy 7 needed 3 of.

Sounds like in addition to downloading fighting styles he's got some sort of digital compression superpower.

• Locked thread