Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
End game is not even logging in and just talking about dicks over pidgin especially because it upsets some of the spergier goons in there and I got demodded over it again. At this point the people who still play this are the pubbies, no matter where they hang out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Morglon posted:

End game is not even logging in and just talking about dicks over pidgin especially because it upsets some of the spergier goons in there and I got demodded over it again. At this point the people who still play this are the pubbies, no matter where they hang out.

I see the "I am not the pubbie you guys are the real pubbies" line is alive and well.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
I dont play this game for the gaming content, just for the ability to get a quick laugh at the expense of others. The amount-of-trolling:tears ratio is relatively even. It's even better when you simply piss people off by existing. Getting a tell that just says "gently caress YOU" is satisfying in itself.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1221148/an-apple-a-day

STO forums user tousseau posted:

I know, this may not end very well... I'm thinking fiery inferno... But I gotta ask:

Starfleet Dental
What is the source of the communities angst towards this fleet?

What gives?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Seems to be going as well as can be expected.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

mister magpie posted:

Seems to be going as well as can be expected.

Binks hasn't seriously lost his poo poo yet with his alt du jour. But he is watching.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Warrior-Technician Kluug dragged the Ethics Subroutine folder into the recycle bin and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

18 Character Limit posted:

Binks hasn't seriously lost his poo poo yet with his alt du jour. But he is watching.

He's already posted like three times in the thread. Of course he links to lootcritter, lol.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

DonDoodles posted:

He's already posted like three times in the thread. Of course he links to lootcritter, lol.

Lookout, he's dropping big bombshells.

Confirmed Binks Alt (see wiki) posted:

STO forums user tousseau posted:

My closest analogy would be my time in EVE, where Goon Squad could generate a similar reaction... People either love em or despise them.

you must not be aware of this but dental are goons. "goons" are people from the somethingawful.com forums. they play lots of different games. they go by the name "starfleet dental" in this game, but no matter what game they play or what their guild name is in that game, they are all goons from the same place.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Our spastic pubbie friend xx spider bite xx caused some trouble in NoPPS earlier, he apparently made a straw poll site and told people to go and vote for something on it, and that he would give away a kelvin ship, then mailed people lumps of coal.

ETA and some pubbies are very upset they got a lump of coal instead of a free ship it looks like.

ETA2 and it looks like he's being a spaz about it.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 30, 2016

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

hakimashou posted:

Our spastic pubbie friend xx spider bite xx caused some trouble in NoPPS earlier, he apparently made a straw poll site and told people to go and vote for something on it, and that he would give away a kelvin ship, then mailed people lumps of coal.

ETA and some pubbies are very upset they got a lump of coal instead of a free ship it looks like.

He did the exact same thing about a week ago - trying to get people to gather on Risa for him to hand out Kelvin ships - though that time he actually claimed it was an 'official Dental giveaway' that was 'endorsed and organised' by Nabreeki.

Given how ramshackle and evasive he was it was pretty obvious from the start that there was no ship - I think most went with low/zero expectations, though a few people's greed completely blinded their common sense.

Highlandrise was getting so carried away I actually PMed him to let him know there wasn't a ship and that spiderbite had pulled the exact same trick a week ago... yet he still attended and threw an enormous tantrum afterward when the inevitable happened. Most treated it with good humour though.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
He's been purged from NoPPS.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Should we purge him from The Academy?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BombermanX posted:

Put him on double secret probation

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

BombermanX posted:

I kicked him from the academy about two months ago. He started his own academy knockoff fleet so he could keep charging other idiot pubbies application fees. We could kick him from the academy chat channel but he's the only one who is ever in there.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

The winds of truth have blown through this thread carrying with them the seeds of a new spring.

The flowers once grown will spell out "This. For God's sake there are other better games to play between seasonal patches."

(once you're done grinding: sorry that was the endgame, you already did it)

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

did they give away more things again recently? aside from the codes from trendy and the latinum ships i mean.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Acer Pilot posted:

did they give away more things again recently? aside from the codes from trendy and the latinum ships i mean.

Nope, nothing for a while.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They gave away many, many tears with the T6 connie release.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

He was doing that at the Anton Yelchin event as well.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Lagomorphic posted:

I kicked him from the academy about two months ago. He started his own academy knockoff fleet so he could keep charging other idiot pubbies application fees. We could kick him from the academy chat channel but he's the only one who is ever in there.

I was referring to the channel. If he's making money off of idiots, I guess that's okay. As long as he doesn't try loving us over.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

BombermanX posted:

I was referring to the channel. If he's making money off of idiots, I guess that's okay. As long as he doesn't try loving us over.

I'm fairly confident he's too old to pose a real security risk to us.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SKY COQ posted:

I'm fairly confident he's too old to pose a real security risk to us.

Are we sure it's not us that are too old for him to consider loving? It's STO after all.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
This just in!

Goons don't matter in STO!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

That's the secret, Cap.

Nothing in STO matters.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Half the things in Star Trek

Anti matter.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Of course it matters. It's canon. And after the meeting earlier this week, Starfleet Dental will be getting a reintroduction into the canon. I can't say too much more, but look forward to the reveal, not only in the upcoming series, but also in the next Kelvin Timeline movie.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Morglon posted:

Anti matter.

:aaaaa:

You made an actual joke. Lets hope its not another 300 shitposts until the next one.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's fun to imagine how quickly STO would have crashed and burned if everything was basically the same but they never had the star trek license to prop it up.

Before I came back when this went F2P I quit in early Season 2 to go play Test Drive Unlimited 2, which was also run into the ground by Atari.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

In fairness it actually kinda did crash and burn even with the license. The only thing that really saved it was making the F2P transition under PWE so they had some room to make actual improvements and draw in new people, unlike ChampO where any chance at a rebound was killed by the blind idiots in charge at Atari.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I still can't believe to this day how much better Champions Online does ground combat than STO, and it's been in maintenance mode for years.

Then you jump on a hoverbike and mow down villains/minions, think about doing that in STO and get reminded about all the missed opportunities.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Morglon posted:

Anti matter.

This is why your computer broke.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Not going to lie, one of my favourite patch notes for today's patch is the ability to use registry numbers 1000+ on all Starfleet ships.

420, 69, 6969, and 696969 are banned registry numbers.

Also a handful of registries used on ships in the TV/Movies.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Getting mad about video games!

The funniest part was I wasn't AFK since there's an AFK penalty this time around.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Nita posted:

Getting mad about video games!

The funniest part was I wasn't AFK since there's an AFK penalty this time around.

I did my part today, quite by accident. I got invited to one of the low level DPS channels by accident a while back and someone needed 1 more for Mirror Advanced. There was a A PLAN and everything !

So ships get blasted, collectors get collected, :effort: . Then comes the 2nd part. Apparently I didn't know that if you shut down a portal, you get BONUS MARKS !!! :yayclod: I had started dodging enemy ships & headed for the portals. I didn't have Team channel visible, this was waiting for me after the match ended:

These guys didn't even know Forrest Gump was a movie :crossarms: . Am I a mark stealer now ?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Nita posted:

The AFK check is pretty lenient. Shooting a ship anytime during the 15 minutes of the STF seems to be enough to count you as playing.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

g0del posted:

The AFK check is pretty lenient. Shooting a ship anytime during the 15 minutes of the STF seems to be enough to count you as playing.

Yeah, I've tested this out as well. If you do absolutely nothing, you get the penalty, but it doesn't take much to avoid it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've gotten around it just by setting my ship to quarter impulse at the start of the match.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Big patch just hit tribble, 7GB, patch trivia says its Expansion 3.5. All the maps have light probes now so it must be the console build or close to it.

No notes yet, and the server is down.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tuskin38 posted:

Big patch just hit tribble, 7GB, patch trivia says its Expansion 3.5. All the maps have light probes now so it must be the console build or close to it.

No notes yet, and the server is down.

Might be time to have another look at the leaks page. Shame that Reddit site got shut down.

• Locked thread