Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Clearly, Zarei-chan is not a watcher of anime. Or at least not that kind of anime :sparkles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Are they... on a date? It looks like a date to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

That would have been terrible because each book was written to be experienced as a book, if it were released as a series of pages or chapters it'd have been written differently.

Paranatural works because it has a zillion gags on every page, which keeps it entertaining page-to-page. That hasn't stopped the chapter's plot from dragging on pretty badly.

6 panels of DragonballZ every 4 weeks, then.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Ch.5 - The Activity Club and the Insidious Infiltrator and Also Dr. Zarei and Agent Day Have a Lunch Date

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Maduo posted:

if it starts flashing to Zarei
You did this

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh my god

A miniature mall

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

paradoxGentleman posted:

Are they... on a date? It looks like a date to me.
Please let it be a date, just to see internet pissbabies freak out again.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm sure exactly one of them wishes it was a date.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I love you Day, you big ol' Cinnamon Bun. :allears:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Day's outfit is the cutest thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RandallODim posted:

Day's [...] the cutest thing.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Splicer posted:

You did this

I saw this page yesterday and went "welp thats egg on my face then"

I forgot about Day and how adorable she is though so that's a small consolation.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Day continues to be the cutest character currently in the comic. Also, who are those shady fooligans in the third panel?

OmegaDimension
Feb 18, 2013
I think they're the other two agents who came with Day.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OmegaDimension posted:

I think they're the other two agents who came with Day.

They didn't come with Day, they were already here hanging out with Zarei: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-70

Possibly on "guard duty" judging from the next phase. And now since the blonde one killed the Ghost train, they're both stuck here with everyone else.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Hey guys! So I found out about this webtoon on Tuesday I think? I just finished reading through the archives (and this whole thread, O_o).
Anyways what I have to say is that Paranatural is a Good Comic and some parts do go too slow but I guess that's webcomics?
Oh and Isabel is dope. "THIS IS A TOUGH HUG"

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
I dont know if i like zarei or day more, theyre both so great :allears:

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

For as cute as this is, cutting away to two characters making smalltalk at the point he did is terrible plot structuring

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

plot structuring can kiss my grits, characters being cool and also there's a story slowly unfolding is good

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

oddium posted:

plot structuring can kiss my grits, characters being cool and also there's a story slowly unfolding is good

there is no story slowly unfolding here, somebody is going to say something somewhat ominous after 3 more pages and then we're going to cut to Doorman

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if you'd like you can stop reading and i'll mail you some dry synopsises occasionally

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

smug n stuff posted:

Hey guys! So I found out about this webtoon on Tuesday I think? I just finished reading through the archives (and this whole thread, O_o).
Anyways what I have to say is that Paranatural is a Good Comic and some parts do go too slow but I guess that's webcomics?
Oh and Isabel is dope. "THIS IS A TOUGH HUG"

You say this now but in 3 years when we're about ready to wrap up their lunch orders you'll join the regular chorus, mark my words.

But the comic is good and funny that is unquestionable.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

oddium posted:

if you'd like you can stop reading and i'll mail you some dry synopsises occasionally

If poor pacing were enough to turn me off I would have stopped reading months ago, it's almost as if I'm being critical of something I still enjoy

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Paramemetic posted:

You say this now but in 3 years when we're about ready to wrap up their lunch orders you'll join the regular chorus, mark my words.

But the comic is good and funny that is unquestionable.

Oh yeah I'm sure. I mean when I followed OoTS a while back I found it's pacing frustrating, and from what I remember it moves quite a bit faster than Paranatural.
But I think this is significantly better, story-wise that OoTS, so :shrug:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Kabanaw posted:

If poor pacing were enough to turn me off I would have stopped reading months ago, it's almost as if I'm being critical of something I still enjoy

but dont you know criticism is bad and means you hate all good things. god, next youll say editors are useful or something

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

For a millisecond I thought Day was putting her boobs on the table on panel 3.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kabanaw posted:

it's almost as if I'm being critical of something I still enjoy
What wizardry is this

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

From the last panel, I think I just realized that the rose thing is her walking cane. Is she blind? Its been a while.

Also, these two are adorable. This comic is great.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
It seems like she is blind but can tap her spirit for a description of her surroundings.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update, featuring a sudden delivery of plot.

I like Day's immediate shooting down of Zarei's attempt at back-and-forth coy mysteriousness.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 6, 2016

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Doctors Burger

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Roland Jones posted:

I like Day's immediate shooting down of Zarei's attempt at back-and-forth coy mysteriousness.
Day is pretty much the perfect person to send against goobers like Spender and Zarei.

I mean, they're great characters. But they're, y'know... goobers.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Seems to me like she seeks to shed a little sunshine on the goings-on of Mayview...

:rimshot:

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Xarbala posted:

Doctors Burger

Turns out they went out for a burger. Nobody put two and two together.

Also, I'm loving the art in that panel. Especially the almost-every-single-spirit-that's-shown-up part.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Jetamo posted:

Also, I'm loving the art in that panel. Especially the almost-every-single-spirit-that's-shown-up part.

I'm pretty sure that panel's the coolest Spender's ever looked, ever.

Also turns out Day can turn her words white too??? Hidden Truths

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!
Wouldn't Doctors Burger be Ed's parents? :ohdear:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Jetamo posted:

Cthulhuite posted:

Wouldn't Doctors Burger be Ed's parents? :ohdear:

Yeah. They forgot if Ed wanted mustard or pickles on his burg and have been there ever since, paralyzed by indecision. The guy at the register keeps saying that he'll just leave both on the side so they can fix it the right way at home, but they aren't having any of that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

13 years ago was when Lucifer rescued Spender from a lake. And when someone (the shadow, probably) tried to seize the power hidden in Mayview.

Also, what's this about Corrupted Humans, I wonder. Mediums that have lost control?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Zarei seems pretty tense in that last panel. Wonder why? The fact Spender's under investigation, maybe?