Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I'm looking forward to President Hillary doing everything just this side of technically illegal to gently caress over the newly rebranded Trump Media (formerly Breitbart).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

DemeaninDemon posted:

Jed York only wants to syphon money from rich start up jerk bags and other techies.

The Warriors have managed to do this and have a competitive team at the same time. Jed York is just that incompetent and greedy, I guess.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i read that as he left the debate prep with a black eye, would've been more funnier

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The best fun is google image searching the people who are the heads of pro trump groups

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Fournier

Vivick
Feb 24, 2007

Lid posted:

The best fun is google image searching the people who are the heads of pro trump groups

Odo why ? :smith:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol you'd get more favorable numbers polling a group of Jewish people regarding their thoughts on Hitler.

At least one would support Hitler ironically

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Lid posted:

Ok who did this?

Ryan Fournier
100 BYTES ADDED, 2 HOURS AGO
→‎Personal: Added comment

==Personal==
Fournier plans to wed his long time boyfriend in the fall in conjunction with the national elections.<ref name="ST" />

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol the main loving headline on NBC News is "race tightens" with a big picture of Trump.

Their new poll has him down 6 instead of 8 from last week

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol the main loving headline on NBC News is "race tightens" with a big picture of Trump.

My ratings depend on people pulling their hairs out, you see

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Those young Republicans are gonna be growing a few grey hairs already

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

FilthyImp posted:

Who are we supposed to feel sorry for here? The dweebs or the guy representing a company who decided "Let's call our group EvilBad Omniwatch, Inc but in elvish Because Irony!"

I'd suggest feeling bad for the dweebs. They can't even get the lore they trying to nerdily "actually" a recruiter with.

The Palantir were created by the elves, given to men, and only after thousands did Sauron actually manage to get his hands on one. So it was a communication technology created and used by good for millenia before evil managed to get a foothold in the network long after it had fallen into disrepair.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just about every poll is trending towards a tighter race though? He moved 5 points in the last Monmouth poll and a bunch of other ones have Clinton up by less than 5 points overall

I mean I get not Arzying but this seems to be a little ridiculous in the opposite direction

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm guessing if it actually is tightening more people have convinced themselves that Trump is right when he says he's not racist because it's the same logic they use for themselves. I still think he will do slightly worse than Romney did in 2012 so a 5% loss in the popular vote which while still losing will say a lot about how acceptable open bigotry is among white people. Maybe we'll prove me wrong but the huge blow back against Kaepernick (and the smaller amount against the Olympic girls) makes me think otherwise.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
It's also worth pointing out that there are heaps of undecided voters. On the latest 538 podcast they talk about how they could swing the election either way.

It is not over, not by a long shot.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

CelestialScribe posted:

It's also worth pointing out that there are heaps of undecided voters. On the latest 538 podcast they talk about how they could swing the election either way.

Bullshit, my bed wetting friend.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

You are the Liquid Snake of USPOL

dude let it go

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

CelestialScribe posted:

At this point I just assume "Undecided" means "Trump, but don't want to admit it."

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
It is legitimately amazing people in this thread don't want to face the reality that most of the National and state polls show a swing towards Trump.

It isn't likely. But it is entirely possible he wins. The polling shows this. Why is this so hard to accept?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CelestialScribe posted:

It is legitimately amazing people in this thread don't want to face the reality that most of the National and state polls show a swing towards Trump.

It isn't likely. But it is entirely possible he wins. The polling shows this. Why is this so hard to accept?

Clinton has 269 electoral votes already in the bag. The only thing this swing is showing is that the election has potentially moved from 'Trump will be utterly pulverised' to 'Trump will be defeated'. He has pretty much no path to victory, and is still lagging well behind in the polls.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

guys guys guys Hillary lost a point in the polls!!
which tooth is my cyanide capsule in again? in this panic I can't remember!!
:derp:

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

CelestialScribe posted:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Here's the current polling aggregate map. Clinton has 272 electoral votes, and that's without Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, Nevada, and Iowa. All states where she is still polling comfortably ahead despite the "tightening" that will always happen when a candidate fails to publicly poo poo themselves for a few days.

Your low-rent Arzying is boring. Describe the path to victory for Trump that doesn't involve magically swinging the race eight points in the other direction, since that just doesn't happen at this stage in the game.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

GalacticAcid posted:

Hmm, Lord of the Rings, the Holocaust, and the Khmer Rouge. One of these things isn't quite like the others...can't put my finger on it.

Yeah, only one of them really happened.

Gyges posted:

I'd suggest feeling bad for the dweebs. They can't even get the lore they trying to nerdily "actually" a recruiter with.

The Palantir were created by the elves, given to men, and only after thousands did Sauron actually manage to get his hands on one. So it was a communication technology created and used by good for millenia before evil managed to get a foothold in the network long after it had fallen into disrepair.

That's...almost too self-aware of a name, then. I'm not sure if I should be impressed or worried.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

CelestialScribe posted:

Because I would literally rather die than live in a world where you are right about anything.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

CelestialScribe posted:

post a map or stfu

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The Shortest Path posted:

At this point I'm half expecting Trump to show up to the debate with an air horn and just blast it whenever Hillary opens her mouth to speak. Any other debate strategy will get him slaughtered.

Nah. All the dude has to do is focus on his one-liner attacks on Hillary and his base will eat it up and proclaim him champion forever.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Technogeek posted:

Yeah, only one of them really happened.

Literally true because the Khmer Rouge was a group and not an event

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/770605805091651584

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

gently caress WSJ and their paywall.

Their paywall protects anyone from reading their idiocy so I'm ok with this.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

CelestialScribe posted:

In the same breath they pointed out that in the 2-way polls the third party vote tends to break Clinton. Trump would have to pretty much sweep the undecideds.

As for why PEC has Trump down at 5, Nate's argument (whether it's the correct one or not) is that the election is more volatile than the past few elections, while the PEC model sees this as yet another 2000s election.

Personally I'm leaning in PEC's direction on this because while there's all sorts of nonsense and bullshit flying around, the electorate is still super-polarized and what we're going to be dealing with is the margin of how much Trump loses, not whether he loses. The Tightening is almost certainly suburban educated whites talking themselves back to the ledge, interesting to see if the crosstabs bear this out, but it's the only chunk of mobile voters I can see.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Aug 30, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CelestialScribe posted:

Even in the alternate universe where you are right, what do you want us to do? You never offer solutions. You never tell people to volunteer or phonebank for Hillary. You never suggest that we seek out these magical election-swaying undecided voters and persuade them somehow.

You literally just want to panic, and at this point, panic for no reason. You're somehow convinced that goons being smug about Hillary's chances mean that she will lose the election, as if we all accepted your narrative and started panicking about Trump winning, that it would make things better.

Go away.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Even in the alternate universe where you are right, what do you want us to do? You never offer solutions. You never tell people to volunteer or phonebank for Hillary. You never suggest that we seek out these magical election-swaying undecided voters and persuade them somehow.

You literally just want to panic, and at this point, panic for no reason. You're somehow convinced that goons being smug about Hillary's chances mean that she will lose the election, as if we all accepted your narrative and started panicking about Trump winning, that it would make things better.

Go away.

He's either manic to an impressive degree and this is his passive aggressive way of getting people to personally assure him that yes Trump is actually still losing or it's the lamest attempt to make his username a verb and replace "arzy" in the SA lexicon.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

See how all the posts on the page are about him/responding to him?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Here's a fun Time article that I thought you guys would appreciate :)

http://time.com/4471764/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-transparency/

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zoux posted:

I know. Like, I know, he's just a troll and I'm feeding the bait, but his posting aggravates me so much that I have to try shut it down.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Literally true because the Khmer Rouge was a group and not an event

That's exactly the joke I was going for and you can't prove otherwise. :colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WampaLord posted:

I know. Like, I know, he's just a troll and I'm feeding the bait, but his posting aggravates me so much that I have to try shut it down.

The only winning move is not to play.

Honestly, if you're a governor, this is probably the best week to threaten a reporter on voicemail, because it's gonna look tame next to LePage.

https://twitter.com/courierjournal/status/770609912657444864

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

WampaLord posted:

When a troll is trolling, forums have ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zoux posted:

"Haha, now everyone's calling me a stupid rear end in a top hat, owned idiots."

I think these posts are contributing to everyone being so calm though, having an overreacting idiot :derp: about the slightest change in everything lets you see how dumb that is.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Here's a fun Time article that I thought you guys would appreciate :)

http://time.com/4471764/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-transparency/

I love how they managed to draw an arrow from Clinton health conspiracy theories to Clinton not holding a press conference for X days:

quote:

Some die-hard Trump supporters clearly buy the outlandish theories, but the real point of the exercise is something else entirely. It’s another opportunity for the Republican nominee’s camp to criticize Clinton over secrecy by arguing that she is covering something up. It’s the same basic format as the arguments over her use of a private email server and allegations about donors to her family’s foundation. (...) Then, there’s the basic logistical question of whether reporters themselves should have access to the candidate.

I mean I appreciated it, but it's funny how you can see it coming by now whenever you read a piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

CelestialScribe posted:

It's not hard to accept, you're just monstrously boring and only ever seem to bluster in here with a either a poorly-constructed "reality check" on how Trump still exists and some people may vote for him, or a nervous breakdown on how you're literally shaking over Trump existing (and how some people may vote for him)

You haven't drank deeply from the well of knowledge while the rest of our throats stay parched, you're a cuckoo clock that chimes in regularly with the same boring poo poo that doesn't matter.

Trump's losing this election unless there's a hidden population of 25 million white racists hiding under the floorboards who have never been polled. All signs point to major state wins for Hillary, with an immense amount of catchup Trump needs to do in specific-state-focused rallies, ad-buys, and shutting up on Twitter. Trump is barely retaining normally-safe red states, making ad-buys in loving Michigan, and started the day off bright and early with a 5:30 AM anti-Mexico tweet.

• Locked thread