Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

MF_James posted:

haha I forget if I just mentioned this or not and I'm too lazy to go back and look, but yeah I've noticed this a lot lately.

Good job buddy for jumping around like an idiot so I can't HS you, go do that in a real game and see how dead you get.

"But this isn't a real game lol u suck get gud"

Isn't internet gaming a wonderful invention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Is it normal to be like 2-23 then the next map like 30-5 on retake servers? Everyone seems wildly inconsistent on them (unless they have like 4k hours).

I find it's helping my gameplay a lot to be yelled at by the people I frustrate on these servers. They are really mean but they call out very specific stupidity I deserve to be called out on. Sorry for being bad internet, but your specific brand of insults are helping me improve!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Winkle-Daddy posted:

Is it normal to be like 2-23 then the next map like 30-5 on retake servers? Everyone seems wildly inconsistent on them (unless they have like 4k hours).

I find it's helping my gameplay a lot to be yelled at by the people I frustrate on these servers. They are really mean but they call out very specific stupidity I deserve to be called out on. Sorry for being bad internet, but your specific brand of insults are helping me improve!

The ability to consistently play at your optimum skill level is one of the final hurdles of "getting good" so yeah it's pretty common to have that happen to you when you're not good.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
When you say it like that I feel as stupid as the people in game tell me I am. I recommend it if anyone here hasn't tried it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

theres always 1 person on retakes that will sit back trying to get picks and never have time to defuse

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Or go to the wrong site half the time.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Since it doesn't impact subsequent buys it's usually just funny (I always die first)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Bohemian Nights posted:

i wish i had admin in every server ever so i could permaban the kind of person who bunnyhops in hs only

one of my absolute favourites pastimes in 1.6 was binding crouch to scrollup and scrolldown and faffing about in hs only servers.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

y'all won't believe this, but someone accused Slumpy and I of being deranking trolls in MM (really it was just the first time we've played cache in like 20 games)

after he stopped bitching and went voice_enable 0, I sent him a steam message telling him to check his attitude and perhaps take a break.

he later thanked me and apologized

I've grown to hate Cache. Everything negative anyone has ever said about it was right, gently caress FMPone etc

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Rank A players in esea are hard to kill

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
Why not just play a normal server but just shoot at the head? I think that solves the problem.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

I've grown to hate Cache. Everything negative anyone has ever said about it was right, gently caress FMPone etc

I never play Cache or d2 anymore. They're just not fun and people who play them tend to be dicks more often than not for some reason.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014

MrSmokes posted:

I never play Cache or d2 anymore. They're just not fun and people who play them tend to be dicks more often than not for some reason.

What skill group are you inside? I think that many lower skill players dislike Cache because they do not understand the map. For example, I know a lot of people who play B site will stand very close to the B Main area and are easily killed, or other wise play in the middle of site. Also, when terrorist push they tend to expose themselves to players in the upper platform inside B site, and are slain. Personally, I think that Cache is a very dynamic and interesting map, with many areas allowing unorthodox strategies (climbing players to reduce travel time or to ambush enemies).

I hope I am not a dick!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Some maps just aren't worth queuing for.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Cache feels weird to me. Too many boxes, I think.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
played some 30 minutes of pistol only with allu in the server just now

i'm a big enough man to admit that he's better than me at the video game counter strike global offensive

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

i'm a big enough man to admit that he's better than me at the video game counter strike global offensive

Did you tell him he can drink the red bull?

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Bohemian Nights posted:

give it to me straight doc...

will it ever be ez 4 ence again??

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

IronDoge posted:

Which one of you is the lovely Stallone judge.

Get back into your CUBE, PERP

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Smithereens posted:

give it to me straight doc...

will it ever be ez 4 ence again??

lmao not with allu in faze

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzIoneyedBk&t=12s

Me with a deag at mid in mirage

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

This is what it feels like when you reload all the loving time please stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUoH1QY4CyM

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Agoat posted:

Cache feels weird to me. Too many boxes, I think.

Yeah, it's all straight angles, which makes it feel kinda boring and :effort: to me.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Elman posted:

Yeah, it's all straight angles, which makes it feel kinda boring and :effort: to me.

BUT SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO LOOK UP !!!! Z FIGHTING BROOOO

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
http://nip.gl/news/2016/press-release-the-return-of-a-ninja

Maikelelele replacing disco doplan as a standin for pyth

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Shayu posted:

What skill group are you inside? I think that many lower skill players dislike Cache because they do not understand the map. For example, I know a lot of people who play B site will stand very close to the B Main area and are easily killed, or other wise play in the middle of site. Also, when terrorist push they tend to expose themselves to players in the upper platform inside B site, and are slain. Personally, I think that Cache is a very dynamic and interesting map, with many areas allowing unorthodox strategies (climbing players to reduce travel time or to ambush enemies).

I hope I am not a dick!

I bounce between LE/LEM. I do alright on CT Cache, I mix up my spots a lot and manage to avoid stupid deaths mostly. The main reason I hate it is because I'm horrible at T side. I'm not much of an entry fragger in general, but on this map in particular I can't do anything unless my teammates get picks or a CT makes a stupid push/peek and I get them. It just feels really hard to get into A or B. Even at mid I have a hard time taking out CTs, although thinking about it that's probably where I attack best.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014

MrSmokes posted:

I bounce between LE/LEM. I do alright on CT Cache, I mix up my spots a lot and manage to avoid stupid deaths mostly. The main reason I hate it is because I'm horrible at T side. I'm not much of an entry fragger in general, but on this map in particular I can't do anything unless my teammates get picks or a CT makes a stupid push/peek and I get them. It just feels really hard to get into A or B. Even at mid I have a hard time taking out CTs, although thinking about it that's probably where I attack best.

I always feel like it's easy to play Terrorist, most areas a Counter Terrorist can hide (Generator area, Forklift, Truck) are too short to hide their head so they usually keep it exposed, allowing an easy way to slay them. That's something I like. Maybe try firing at these spots, I also think that the sites are easy to isolate with just a smoke, while most bomb sites in Counter Strike: GO require two more more. I honestly feel that terrorists have an easy time taking sites.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
In my experience you're usually not gonna find people holding those easy static angles at higher levels unless they have an awp, and A-site on cache has a ridiculous amount of spots to clear for the terrorist pushing the site, it's way easy for the CT's to just peek out of one of a dozen spots and get a free kill on a terrorist clearing a different angle. Taking the site is a lot easier if you can molly out quad and NBK, but if you're going in with limited utility it is usually a complete crapshoot if you're playing against someone equal or higher skilled. It's also a nightmare map if you're up against a good CT-side awper since they have so many angles to fall back to after firing (and landing, since enemy awpers always have 100% accuracy) their initial shot

e: first game of the autumn season with the team on thursday, and the map pool is incidentally cache and train, some of my least favorite maps, so I guess it's time to relearn smokes and executes

it'll also probably be an interesting game since a couple of the accounts on the other team has a suspiciously low amount of hours played and exactly one game on their steam accounts :geno:

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 30, 2016

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bohemian Nights posted:

http://nip.gl/news/2016/press-release-the-return-of-a-ninja

Maikelelele replacing disco doplan as a standin for pyth

nip confirmed for literally retarded, disco dolpan was supposed to be the savior of swedish cs

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Demostrs posted:

nip confirmed for literally retarded, disco dolpan was supposed to be the savior of swedish cs

yeah but he's in a contract with another team so it's not quite that easy to save the poor swedes from themselves

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yo does anyone have any links to the best 144hz 1920x1080 monitors? Looking to step up my monitor game. any 1440p monitors would also be cool as well

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Luna Was Here posted:

yo does anyone have any links to the best 144hz 1920x1080 monitors? Looking to step up my monitor game. any 1440p monitors would also be cool as well

ASUS VG248QE is a favorite of many. I purchased this monitor not too long ago, and while it's not 1440p, it's a superb 144hz display at a reasonable price, and the colors are pretty good for a TN panel. No regrets.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bohemian Nights posted:

yeah but he's in a contract with another team so it's not quite that easy to save the poor swedes from themselves

yeah ur right. im sure nip cannot afford the million dollar buyout for the best player in the world disco dolpan

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Xenaero posted:

ASUS VG248QE is a favorite of many. I purchased this monitor not too long ago, and while it's not 1440p, it's a superb 144hz display at a reasonable price, and the colors are pretty good for a TN panel. No regrets.

I have this and I love it.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Agoat posted:

I have this and I love it.

Thirded. ASUS VG248QE, good bang for your buck. Dunno how much you want to spend, but I like mine!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'm watching some C9 online matches to get an idea of how well they're playing. Are these nahtE and Subroza kids that CLG picked up good at all?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Got to hold/shot a nova irl will buy this gun in game more because of that. It was sadly not candy apple skin I own.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

this might be helpful for some of you

i was checking my autoexec.cfg and was wondering why i always had to manually input "rate 128000" despite it being on my autoexec and found out wading through google that if you made/edit your autoexec through notepad it encodes it UTF-8 rather than UTF-8 -BOM (minus byte order marks) which makes it such that it skips the first line of your autoexec which happened for me to be "rate 128000"

apparently with BOM there are three byte added to the beginning of the file which makes it so the first line cannot be read correctly.

code:
rate 128000
cl_updaterate 128
cl_cmdrate 128
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_interp 0
cl_forcepreload 1
remember to insert this into your autoexec.cfg or some angry man ripping a bong will haunt you for a million years

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Aug 31, 2016

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Smol posted:

I'm watching some C9 online matches to get an idea of how well they're playing. Are these nahtE and Subroza kids that CLG picked up good at all?

I had a positive ratio against Subroza at the last LAN tournament so yeah I'd say I am pretty good. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1QE6ogmSkw