Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Sadly, I couldn't find this clip on Youtube, but it's one of my favorite Pertwee/Delgado exchanges

Colony in Space posted:

DOCTOR: And why are you impersonating the Adjudicator?
MASTER: My dear Doctor, I am the Adjudicator!
DOCTOR: Rubbish.
MASTER: What are you doing here anyway? Did the Time Lords send you?
DOCTOR: Nobody sends me anywhere. I'm a free agent.
MASTER: So you've at last succeeded in escaping from your long exile on Earth. Congratulations. What are your plans now?
DOCTOR: Well, my immediate plans are to expose you as an imposter.
MASTER: That would be very foolish of you. My credentials are immaculate.
DOCTOR: Forged, of course.
MASTER: Of course, but immaculate. May I see your credentials, Doctor?
DOCTOR: Don't be absurd.
MASTER: What? No interplanetary travel permit? No registration for your Tardis? No personal identification?
DOCTOR: Bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo.
MASTER: Maybe, but in this regimented age of ours, essential.
(The Master brandishes his wallet.)
MASTER: Without these, my dear Doctor, you do not exist. I could have you sent back to Earth as a prisoner.
DOCTOR: Oh, is that what you plan to do?
MASTER: Not, not unless you force my hand. I think you'd be well advised to keep silent, for both our sakes? Now if you'll excuse me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So one of the hints that doctorwhotv have posted is "lrwt9_ikmJ8" :allears:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

TinTower posted:

So one of the hints that doctorwhotv have posted is "lrwt9_ikmJ8" :allears:

Zuh?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hint

Put it in the youtube URL thing.

You'll get a surprise

EDIT: put it at the end of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

edit:

Is this Rassilon's armor?

Eldritch BiLast fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 3, 2015

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

What was this supposed to be

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Burkion posted:

What was this supposed to be

Edited and fixed.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

2house2fly posted:

It's an as-needed plot thing, that said Ten recognised the Master instantly in series 3. He didn't recognise the old professor guy because he did Time Lord Science to make him not actually a Time Lord at the time.

Ten flat out says in Sound of Drums that Time Lord's always recognise each other. Of course then we have Twelve not recognising Missy. He doesn't even know that she's a Time Lord until he feels her hearts. And even then it doesn't click until Missy reminds that she has two hearts like an hour later.

It makes sense that Time Lords can see through regenerations. We know that the Doctor is the same person no matter what he looks like. I like the idea that there's something that the Time Lords can see that we can't that says yeah, this guys the Doctor. Helps me buy into them being the same person, if that makes sense.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Astroman posted:

I'm hoping the ep title and the pic are literal and the "Husbands of River Song" are the Doctor and a giant spiky red robot. :allears:

Seems so!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Riptor posted:

Is River holding a sonic... trowel?

Well done.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
CLEAR! <zap> DON'T YOU DIE ON ME

Christmas trailer! AND I CALLED IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xPF7oL4jRI

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

AND I CALLED IT.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-05-10/is-captain-jack-harkness-returning-to-cardiff-for-doctor-who

Amazing detective work!

Dirt
May 26, 2003

That basically just made my day.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The entire comments section of that video is saying it's fake...and there's nothing on the official BBC or Doctor Who channels either...I think we have been fooled

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

It only uses pre-existing shots so

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:swoon:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Astroman posted:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:swoon:

No

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Indeed, sadly.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/25/captain-jack-hawksmoor-returns-to-doctor-who-this-christmas/

Sorry guys. :(

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Christmas is ruined

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

This isn't really that definitive

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Well that was a great 5 seconds of excitement. :(

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

There's no way now anything they actually do this Christmas won't be a disappointment in comparison. :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

However, the URL seems to indicate that this Christmas will see the return of Captain Jack Hawksmoor.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

However, the URL seems to indicate that this Christmas will see the return of Captain Jack Hawksmoor.

The Doctor Who/Authority crossover everyone was waiting for!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

The Doctor Who/Authority crossover everyone was waiting for!

What was that terrible Authority spinoff with all the British TV pastiches? The Establishment?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/HDProductions70/status/766751107116896256

"A Star in Her Eye" is the name of the first episode of the next series.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
So the new companion is The Girl With Stars in Her Eyes and the entire season will be about the Doctor wondering how she has an entire universe inside her, all the while learning that he is, in fact, neither a Bad or Good man, but an idiot.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 30, 2016

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
well that's incredibly stupidly moffatish

i really hope that next showrunner even if he's poo poo can get back to companions that are just normal people on adventures

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe it's not literal this time.

Maybe?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I want to be clear that my post was a joke riffing on the episode title, making the most Moffat season I could think of out of just that. It was hopefully not an actual leak.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Right, but as soon as you said it we all knew that's exactly what it was going to be.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Or she stares too long at the sun in the first episode and is blind for the rest of the series.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

HD DAD posted:

Or she stares too long at the sun in the first episode and is blind for the rest of the series.

But she stills acts like she can see. She can read and everything! The Doctor must investigate this mystery.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

All the stories are audio only with a blank screen. It's to ease viewers into Big Finish.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
"Doctor, my eyes are stinging."
*Solar flares erupt from eyes*
"Bill...you're the girl with A Star in Her Eye."
*Mad scots eyes swivel towards the camera, and winks. Theme music plays out of sync with the visuals because consistancy is hard.*

Burkion posted:

Maybe it's not literal this time.

Maybe?

It would have saved a lot of time last series if the rest of the titles were as apt as Heaven Sent, Hell Bent, in terms of quality.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

'The poo poo one with the fake Odin' 'The crappy one with Arya and The Doctor wandering about'

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Right, but as soon as you said it we all knew that's exactly what it was going to be.

new thread title right here

I have hope for the season, but it's more like seeing two semis on a collision course and just watching it happen because you can't do anything to stop it. This is Moffat's last season, boys. Just :laffo: if you don't think this will be a mainlining of every single one of his favorite tropes and plot points.

You thought The Wedding of River Song was bad? We haven't even begun to scale peak Moffat. We've just been sitting at base camp. :magical:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Look they can't just call every episode 'Terror of the Bog-Brush'.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I think it's a neat title :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

The_Doctor posted:

'The poo poo one with the fake Odin' 'The crappy one with Arya and The Doctor wandering about'

"The ones with Zygon ISIS that's as terrible as it sounds", "Care, no more", "The Moffat's familiar tired tropes"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

We haven't even begun to scale peak Moffat. We've just been sitting at base camp. :magical:

Where we're going, we won't need stars in our eyes.

Dabir posted:

Look they can't just call every episode 'Terror of the Bog-Brush'.

"Invasion of the Tin-foilians"

• Locked thread