Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Awesome! posted:

for a lot of people, others clearing faster than them negatively impacts their "fun" because they are children

Maybe GGG is just setting us all up for some really good CoC puns when they return it to its former glory at some point in the future.

Edit: Also, the more I think about it, the more I'm stoked for BV this next patch. I can actually just do my old build and have to cast way less often for more damage, at the cost of bosses taking slightly longer - and thats only if you don't count the normal rampup time for 0 to 50 stacks I used to do anyway...

63% more damage at 20 stacks is the equivilent of ~33 stacks previously, which is more than you needed to mow the lawn in red maps. This actually seems like a significant buff to BV playstyle overall. More upfront damage to bosses (less rampup time) means that most bosses won't take that much longer anyway...

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am very excited for this patch.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Yeah, you can invest significantly less in either duration or cast speed and still stay maxed out on bv stacks. Will have to put those passives toward crit chance instead to fill up flasks even half as fast as it used to for pathfinders. Seems like a fair changeup overall. 100% unique flask uptime was pretty idiotic.

Hopefully this will turn a lot of people off of it. I don't care so much about gear prices as I hate cooking up a build and then by coincidence having a streamer drag half the population into doing something similar.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

I hate to be a similar pain in the butt, but in preparation for the new patch, might as well ask for a re-invite to the guild, on as Clibanarius.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Would like a guild invite please, never joined before but I think I'll be playing enough this league to make it worth it. IGN is Ghostleg. Thanks.

done

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Where's the incinerate buff? Why does GGG hate me so much? I'm still going to do it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

bakka bakka posted:

Where's the incinerate buff? Why does GGG hate me so much? I'm still going to do it

Incinerate depends entirely on how the new channeling system works, really.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Huh, Cadiro's gonna be back in map mods. It seems like accumulating enough currency to use him at all in a temp league is gonna be impossible?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

ButtWolf posted:

Where the gently caress is funman? Its been days since ive seen him on and im worried. Getting hyped for new league i presume?

Funman i have your money. Mostly. Lets trade.

I'll be on Thursday man. Sorry to worry you.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
What the gently caress do I play now?

BV nerfed.
Poison Nerfed (ties with above)
EQ nerfed.
CoC nerfed.

That's three of the builds I tend to go with. SOmeone give me an idea on what to play now? Incinerate maybe? Back to SWT?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shinino Kage posted:

BV nerfed.
EQ nerfed.
CoC nerfed.

That's three of the builds I tend to go with. SOmeone give me an idea on what to play now? Incinerate maybe? Back to SWT?

The first three are still entirely fine. The fourth, too early to say :v:

E: BV probably got a clearpeed buff actually. Just do it properly and play it with elemental damage instead of a retarded poison build!

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

TheRat posted:

Incinerate depends entirely on how the new channeling system works, really.

Any explanation of that line would have been pretty nice.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The only ability from that list that is probably dead for real is CoC

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

StashAugustine posted:

Huh, Cadiro's gonna be back in map mods. It seems like accumulating enough currency to use him at all in a temp league is gonna be impossible?

i am guessing they will adjust prices accordingly

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

bakka bakka posted:

Any explanation of that line would have been pretty nice.

Tell that to GGG. They havent explained it yet.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
They were going to release a couple new channeling skills but went "nope, poo poo don't work right" and delayed them to sometime mid-league.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

Updated the Hall of Grandmasters with about a dozen additional Grandmasters and some replacements.
didnt everyone in there pay for it?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

honestly considering tooling around on standard, don't have great ideas for builds that sound fun and essences seem like they wouldnt be terribly rewarding unless you really know what youre doing

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Awesome! posted:

for a lot of people, others clearing faster than them negatively impacts their "fun" because they are children

CoC and Blade Vortex changes were motivated atleast partially by performance issues they cause. Blade Vortex will be just as strong or stronger against anything but bosses v:v:v

MannersPlease posted:

Does this mean you can only cast 1 spell per .5 seconds? I don't understand how the gem has a 500ms cooldown , but also, can only trigger 1 spell per frame. can someone please explain this? 2 spells/second seems really slow why not just self-cast at this point? or does that mean if you have 4 unsupported spells (lmao...coc setup without support gems) then you get up to 4 spells per 500ms cooldown? assuming you hit 4 times or 4 enemies or whatever in that one critical strike action? Does anyone understand what exactly these changes look like you attack with any current sort of CoC setup (fakener, phys coc, gmp based barrage/ST coc)?

You used to be able to trigger up to 4 spells at once, now you can only trigger 1 at a time. That's what 'per frame' means here. You are correct there is a hard limit of 2 spells per second.
New CoC builds will arise, probably not be as powerful (definitely not as powerful as fakener), but they'll definitely be completely loving different. You'll probably be able to make a powerful CoC wander that uses Wrath + Arc/Ball Lightning/Spark.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Awesome! posted:

didnt everyone in there pay for it?

Replacements are people replacing their old character, most likely to spec in to Ascendancies.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

Zana, Master Cartographer has a new voice actor.
:ohdear:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Count Uvula posted:

Replacements are people replacing their old character, most likely to spec in to Ascendancies.

ah that makes sense

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Hrm, the stuff that got nerfed still seems playable. My first character after cyclone was nerfed in 2.1 was cyclone and I got to red maps with it pretty quickly and easily. So anyone who wanted to play eq/bv/poison trapper still can it just won't be as good. I'm really surprised cospris didn't eat a nerf, that will be an item I try to pickup early in the league.

Except cast on crit, lol.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 31, 2016

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Anyone else getting a lot of disconnects?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

funmanguy posted:

Hrm, the stuff that got nerfed still seems playable. My first character after cyclone was nerfed in 2.1 was cyclone and I got to red maps with it pretty quickly and easily. So anyone who wanted to play eq/bv/poison trapper still can it just won't be as good. I'm really surprised cospris didn't eat a nerf, that will be an item I try to pickup early in the league.

Except cast on crit, lol.

I think the Bladefall+Trap/Mine nerf is going to quite big. I played around with mines last league and being able to plop down 4 mines and going RAININGPOISONDEATHSPAMFUCKYOU from half a screen a way was a tad bit OP. Having to get right in the tick of it or lure monsters in is a pretty big change of playstyle.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Despite the disagreement earlier, I actually agree with all the nerfs/changes and think they've moved it to a good place.
My only slight salt is that the frost wall change makes the obliteration wander way worse but that's probably a needed nerf

Actually I think the mine change with bladefall is really smart, you still get insane damage, but now you have to actually take some risks by getting close to enemies. That's more interesting than just straight nerf.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
Ok fireball is going to be sick.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

TheRat posted:

Tell that to GGG. They havent explained it yet.

Don't worry, Rat, I meant GGG. Hopefully something comes up before Friday.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
when they first put a cooldown on coc, that was a misnomer; actually it puts the 10/50ms cooldown on the spells it was triggering

so spells that consume charges to ignore cooldowns - like cold snap - could actually ignore the CD

wonder whether that has been changed in the patch

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How tough is hall of grandmasters? I just got one. I guess ill level up before i do it just to be safe.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ButtWolf posted:

How tough is hall of grandmasters? I just got one. I guess ill level up before i do it just to be safe.

It's absolutely bs. You will die. It's full of builds designed to kill players.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

It is the bullshittiest bullshit that ever did bullshit.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

A bunch of assholes in the most bullshit builds standard can offer coming at you several at a time.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Noob Q, what's Hall of Grandmasters?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

a unique map

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

Noob Q, what's Hall of Grandmasters?

whypick1 posted:

It is the bullshittiest bullshit that ever did bullshit.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Glad Frost Wall was fixed, temptation to abuse it again would probably have been too big.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Still learning the game, having just started during Prophecy. I'll take a guild invite please. On as somethingawfuldotcom.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

heres a dude making it look easy with a 23k es tank lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr_xR5WH-kI

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Shinino Kage posted:

BV nerfed.
EQ nerfed.
CoC nerfed.

Ice Spear: 70% more damage.

Ice Spear Prolif Elementalist. :getin:
Looks like I won the fuckin' patch lottery!

Wouldn't the new Cast on Crit be gangbusters with Elemental Equilibrium? Seems like Cyclone CoC Frost/Shock Nova could clean up, automatically alternating between two elements. Maybe even all three elements with Mastermind of Discord's penetration on top of it.

Bluemillion fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Mastermind of Discord only works if the fire/cold/lightning skill is self-cast. Elemental Equilibrium would still work though.

• Locked thread