Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Life Is Strange is the most depressing game you will ever play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watrick posted:

I liked it. I often wondered if people's expectations weren't met as it wasn't Final Fantasy related in the least. I hated it when I watched it, for that reason. When I went back years later, and looked at it with a more appropriate lens, it's quite good.

Thats the thing people always say, that it wasn't Final Fantasy enough, but what that means is confusing because every FF game is completely different.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Thats the thing people always say, that it wasn't Final Fantasy enough, but what that means is confusing because every FF game is completely different.

They should add Wakka.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

Spirits Within is a much better movie than the endless mountain of criticism would have you think

:agreed:

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

In Training posted:

Spirits Within is a much better movie than the endless mountain of criticism would have you think

It was a great movie. I just shouldn't have had the "Final Fantasy" in its title. It would've drawn audiences just because Squaresoft was behind it; putting FF in the title caused a lot of folks to have expectations that didn't match up with what the movie was.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So am I just missing something or is Project Diva X not getting a song season pass? I see a couple songs are up, but no way to buy them in bulk (and also no new costumes???). Are we just not getting much DLC with this one?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

In Training posted:

I mean sure but there are elements that are the same like chocobos and moogles and cactaurs and swords and a general fantasy aesthetic (some of the games have a more scifi opera thing but it's still more fantasy than scifi) that weren't really in the movie.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/boss-of-all-bosses-bundle-(20000000)/cid=UP4040-CUSA02830_00-CB00070000000000
2 million or 20 million

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

FishBulb posted:

I mean sure but there are elements that are the same like chocobos and moogles and cactaurs and swords and a general fantasy aesthetic (some of the games have a more scifi opera thing but it's still more fantasy than scifi) that weren't really in the movie.

I remember watching that movie and my only experience with FF was 1 and 7, so I naturally very confused.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Only one way to find out!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I saw Spirits Within in theaters as a kid for some reason even though I've never played a Final Fantasy game.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I saw Spirits Within in theaters as a kid for some reason even though I've never played a Final Fantasy game.

Except for a name drop or two, the movie had very little to do with the franchise anyway. However, it's not bad and the SF setting was well realized for its time. I'm 100% sure the Mass Effect devs stole most of the designs the movie came up with.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ddogflex posted:

Spirits Within is the only movie I've walked out of the theater of in my whole life.

mine was Pearl Harbor.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I think that The Spirits Within isn't infamous because it's a bad movie, but because it bombed so badly that it was a major factor in the Square/Enix merger.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Mine could have been repo men if i followed the right guy out.

And he left at THE perfect loving time, if you know the plot.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Naw, it's also infamous because people think it's a bad movie

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It can be both reasons

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Hmmm, shouldn't September's PS+ games be announced by now?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

BadAstronaut posted:

Hmmm, shouldn't September's PS+ games be announced by now?

Yeah, imagining the price raise next month is causing some last minute damage control for better games

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

What price range? I've not been following much PSN news lately... they gonna charge us more to complain at the start of each month?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I wish Sony had released PSNow in more than 3 countries before releasing it for Windows.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
The ps+ games aren't normally scheduled to be announced until the Thursday before release.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Prediction for PS+ games: bunch of mediocre indie games we've all owned on PC for years. Price hike unjustified. Knackless for another month. And that Twitter guy makes another good tweet.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Prediction for PS+ games: bunch of mediocre indie games we've all owned on PC for years. Price hike unjustified. Knackless for another month. And that Twitter guy makes another good tweet.

fake Kaz is our hero, of this there can be no doubt

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/768535689902362624

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Skeematic posted:

The ps+ games aren't normally scheduled to be announced until the Thursday before release.

Tomorrow is when they *WILL* be released, and we heard nothing last Thursday.

e: Wait, does it update on the first Tuesday and not the first of the month? I don't remember anymore.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Takoluka posted:

Tomorrow is when they *WILL* be released, and we heard nothing last Thursday.

e: Wait, does it update on the first Tuesday and not the first of the month? I don't remember anymore.

First tuesday

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Is it worth looking at the Trine colleciton if I already have Trine 2: Enhanced? I know 3 had some issues, so if 1 is just a less-refined version of 2 then I suppose there isn't much point eh?

Also 3 does allow couch co-op if I was reading things correctly?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
They announced the lineup the Wednesday before the last two months, so probably sometime midday today.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is this Life is Strange? Y'know, I really ought to check that one ought. Isn't it a time manipulating adventure game? Does it poo poo itself at the end or is it worth picking up?

I imagine you'd hate it, just like everything else you hate.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Does it poo poo itself at the end or is it worth picking up?

Royally

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The very end of Life is Strange is kind of a slap in the face but the parts leading up to it go off the rails crazy

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

BadAstronaut posted:

What price range? I've not been following much PSN news lately... they gonna charge us more to complain at the start of each month?

Retail price for a year of PS+ is bumping up from $49.99 to $59.99 on... 22 Sep, I believe.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the life is strange ending was OK

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

I definitely felt the slap at the end of that game. Not enough to make me hate the game, but enough that I don't go around recommending it to people.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CrashCat posted:

The very end of Life is Strange is kind of a slap in the face but the parts leading up to it go off the rails crazy

In comparison I will say that the ending of Life is Strange is literally the only way I could have imagined it ending and I feel it's perfectly thematically cohesive with the rest of the game.

However, while I played LoS blind, I played all five chapters in a row instead of with a gap between which may impact how I viewed it. I think a lot of people who played it point-to-point had time to built up theories and ideas that didn't get lived up to and missed that the game is fundamentally a tragedy about 'what ifs' rather than a time travelling adventure game.

Edit: Regardless, I think it's completely worth playing. The last chapter has some wonky moments but even then it's worth it.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 31, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The offical Playstation youtube put up a video showing the two PS4 games, which is Lords of the Fallen (Knack Meets Dark Souls) and Journey. It didn't' show the rest through.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LotF is just an insult.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eh. LotF is nowhere as good as Dark Souls but it's perfectly playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought it was utterly awful and I very rarely have that strong a negative reaction to a game. I suppose it might be more playable if you stick to sword and board but trying to avoid damage any other way was just a chore.

• Locked thread