Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

That's what I was thinking. Also my fiance hates Bayonetta with a burning passion so now's a chance to play without constant judgement.

My fiance IS Bayonetta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

They made some Mario-themed Hotwheels and they're hilarious:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Palpek posted:

They made some Mario-themed Hotwheels and they're hilarious:

Mario and Luigi would be great without the nose skin, even with the mustache. Bowser looks like he's turbo teen-ing, or is perhaps a GoBot. Just take away the eyebrows and pupils!

Seriously, why did they feel the need to make "themed after" synonymous with "these characters have literally been stretched and mangled into cars"?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Mario and Luigi would be great without the nose skin, even with the mustache. Bowser looks like he's turbo teen-ing, or is perhaps a GoBot. Just take away the eyebrows and pupils!

Seriously, why did they feel the need to make "themed after" synonymous with "these characters have literally been stretched and mangled into cars"?

But the Mario and Luigi noses are the single best/funniest part about the whole set...

it's too bad they didn't do the same for Peach, it would have been terrifying.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

WickedHate posted:

All of these things make them so good. I'm thankful that the company let the creators make something not boring and off the rails like that. Also Peach owns with the car's interior being just hair.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

All of these things make them so good. I'm thankful that the company let the creators make something not boring and off the rails like that. Also Peach owns with the car's interior being just hair.

I thought it was supposed to like her crown? But I couldn't parse the shape of it.

edit: Yeah, it's like an engine with a crown around it. Her hair is the wings and the back.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Palpek posted:

They kick rear end.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The new WoW expansion is surprisingly really good. Old feels of this dead gay 12-year old game... returning.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's cute. Is the game fun to play?

Help Im Alive posted:

My fiance IS Bayonetta

Glad that giraffe fetish worked out for you.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Glad that giraffe fetish worked out for you.

I can't believe SomethingAwful forums poster Help Im Alive is in fact Tycho Brahe.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

WickedHate posted:

I can't believe SomethingAwful forums poster Help Im Alive is in fact Tycho Brahe.

well he isn't a long-winded pseudo-intellectual retard so that can't be true

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't believe ubisoft is making another Ezio collection for current gen consoles and it's still marked as 30fps. Why even loving bother.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

I can't believe ubisoft is making another Ezio collection for current gen consoles and it's still marked as 30fps. Why even loving bother.

Because I will buy it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Well, dunno if I actually fixed the problem but switching SD cards in my 3DS and I haven't had monster hunter crash on me yet. Only fought the rock frog twice since, though.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I made a thread for September:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788577

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
But it's not September yet. :confused:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It is in Nippon

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Rexroom posted:

But it's not September yet. :confused:

It is in our hearts.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Jay Rust posted:

It is in Nippon

Can confirm, am in Nippon.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
you didnt use any of the good name suggestions

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ah i just thought of "gaming with au-gusto"

maybe next year

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

always with the loving snipes

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
am I really playing The Last of Us on the pc? Is this really happening? Did I die and go to heaven?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Leper Residue posted:

am I really playing The Last of Us on the pc? Is this really happening? Did I die and go to heaven?

If this is your idea of heaven I suggest you grow up a little by turning thirteen years old

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I'm nostalgia-fueled binge reading waaaaay too many Final Fantasy LP's and I'm getting the JRPG itch.

Last time I tried playing one it was Tales of Vesperia for the 360 and I gave up about 2/3 into the game (story-wise, I'm sure it was closer to 1/3 if we count all the optional poo poo I didn't do). I also borrowed FF13 from a friend and gave it a try, but let's not go there.
Last time I enjoyed one was in the PS2 era, probably Shadow Hearts: Covenant or FF12.

I have access to a PC and a PS3, is there anything good in there, or were jrpgs poo poo all along and I only remember FF7 fondly because I played it when I was 15?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

corn in the bible posted:

If this is your idea of heaven I suggest you grow up a little by turning thirteen years old

Then he can go on a date with Ellen Page from The Last Of Us.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'm nostalgia-fueled binge reading waaaaay too many Final Fantasy LP's and I'm getting the JRPG itch.

Last time I tried playing one it was Tales of Vesperia for the 360 and I gave up about 2/3 into the game (story-wise, I'm sure it was closer to 1/3 if we count all the optional poo poo I didn't do). I also borrowed FF13 from a friend and gave it a try, but let's not go there.
Last time I enjoyed one was in the PS2 era, probably Shadow Hearts: Covenant or FF12.

I have access to a PC and a PS3, is there anything good in there, or were jrpgs poo poo all along and I only remember FF7 fondly because I played it when I was 15?

Clearly you should play Atelier games on your ps3

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Leper Residue posted:

no, but Onlive died and was resurrected to bring this to you

i tip my useless O-brick to you sir

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Maybe, at this point, that’s for the better. Some think OnLive was simply too far ahead of its time. Others chalk its failure up to management that was, at best, misguided. Clearly, though, it didn’t exactly go according to plan. Someday someone will probably assemble all the puzzle pieces into The Netflix Or Hulu Or Whatever Of Video Games, but the OnLive chapter of that saga serves as a cautionary tale. Even if you’ve got an incredible idea, success is far from guaranteed.

To contact the author of this post, write to nathan.grayson@kotaku.com or find him on Twitter @vahn16.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I would think there would be all kinds of annoying button-lag if you were trying to stream-play games

Anyone actually tried it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It works pretty great as long as you have a decent connection, I probably wouldn't try anything very lag sensitive like fighting games but it works well enough for most other stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Monkey Fracas posted:

I would think there would be all kinds of annoying button-lag if you were trying to stream-play games

it works really well but i live in a city that almost certainly has a sony server in it. try the free trial or do their speed test and find out for you

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Monkey Fracas posted:

Onlive worked just fine and only had a little bit of lag but I also don't have a whole lot of competition for internet traffic on my node from what I can tell. Theirs is built on Gaikai but from what I've heard it is comparable. If you're not playing Dark Souls or a fighting game it should be fine. The main problem is really that it eats a fuckton of bandwidth, so if you have a small cap you're going to be in trouble. You still need to test it out first though because it's anyone's guess what your individual connection situation is.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

It's not as popular a genre anymore, I think because by necessity they are huge graphical and music spectacles that take tons of time to develop. If all you have is a PS3 or PC it doesn't give you a lot of good options. I think there are some indie and fanmade JRPGs on PC but I don't know which ones are good. PS3 didn't have very many at all. There's more on the Vita, 3DS, and Wii U. Or you can just emulate old RPGs, I've gotten everything from PS2 back working, JRPG-wise. The only games that just straight-up wouldn't emulate for me were the Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FF7 is fantastic, it's not a nostalgia tinged reaction.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Edmond Dantes posted:

Get Persona 4 and Nier.

Also while not made in Japan, LISA and Undertale are two of the best JRPG style RPGs in years.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Just a heads up - the reason we're chatting in this thread and not the better named one someone else created last time was because someone made it really early and I didn't see it and created this one and PM'd FAU to sticky it. The lesson here was "don't make monthly chat thread too early or your thread might not get stickied."

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

it got rereleased and even a new expansion recently, so that probably helps

You mean Age of Mythology or Titan Quest? If the later this is the first I've heard of it.

Speaking of which, I got to the end of Titan Quest, but the last stage and boss were a big difficulty spike and decided to hang it up. Overall it's a good-if-not-great ARPG with a nice variety of environments and enemy designs. The third Act of the game stood out for me for it's unique interpretation of geography and unfortunate VA work.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There are a lot of jrpgs for ps3, hell there's one coming out next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

Atelier Ayesha is good.

• Locked thread