Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

graph posted:

so uh what happened to that guy

I assume he passed the mushy remains of his kidney thru his urethra later that evening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

echinopsis posted:

sustained release NSAIDs have higher rates of GI bleeds I believe

also melatonin is prescription only here in nz and maybe in Australia too and it's
not cheap like in the US

maybe I knew it once lol. Drs prescribe by indication though I guess ? see some huge doses of venlafaxine/efexor and scares the poo poo out if me

needing high doses doesn't make high doses safe tho, lol, and venlafaxine/desvenlafaxine have reaaaally lovely sideeffects if you're unlucky

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Skillful cook lady throwing veggies :yum:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

epipen posted:

needing high doses doesn't make high doses safe tho, lol, and venlafaxine/desvenlafaxine have reaaaally lovely sideeffects if you're unlucky

yeah tell me about it. I've tried to help people
come off it, drop their dose, go back up, just painful

I think 600mg is considered max dose but our dr was prescribing 750? fuckin mental

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Apocadall posted:

it's actually a felony if the drone cost more than $250

1. who cares
2. "rural virginia" is probably not "within city limits" and it's perfectly legal to fire a gun on your own property, you weirdo

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

celery_snap.wav

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

echinopsis posted:

I think 600mg is considered max dose but our dr was prescribing 750? fuckin mental

750mg seems nuts and proooobably wasn't actually making any difference other than increasing the risk of side-effects
folks need to be real careful with poo poo that works on noradrenaline/noradrenaline receptors tbh

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

shouldn't it be mg/kg or is it more like, yo your liver can take x amount, doesn't matter if you weigh 400lbs?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

haha

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

syscall girl posted:

shouldn't it be mg/kg or is it more like, yo your liver can take x amount, doesn't matter if you weigh 400lbs?
yeah with drugs its usually 'this much mg will gently caress up average person, period'

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

Skillful cook lady throwing veggies :yum:

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom
i think with antidepressants you mostly worry about neurological problems rather than hepatoxicity, like, overly high doses can cause serotonin syndrome, seizures, and all sorts of unpleasant poo poo
i could be wrong, there's probably MAOIs and TCAs that are really shockingly bad for your liver

http://dutycyclegenerator.com/ i've kinda slowly been going thru this since the person who runs FM FRIDAYS linked it, bunch of music + writeups from an old NES developer
apparently their company had to hack their own NES devkit together out of some imported famicoms and poo poo
the music's pretty impressive for the resources they had to work with, too

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im so cornfused

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ah yes 'heart shaped'

http://www.dx.com/p/heart-design-cycling-night-warning-taillight-bike-rear-light-white-441000#.V8dF6nh4VCk

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

graph posted:

so uh what happened to that guy

they took him to live on a farm

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

ah man i love truck nutz

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/OverwatchTXT/status/770332285472243712

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

wasnt this a kickstarter? did they make an order for a million of these ball sack lights from some chinese supplier and then fold, and now it's being liquidated?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

the sequel to corn

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jonny 290 posted:

im so cornfused

i'm amaized

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

glad to see people have lots of time to spend on their interests!

http://kilkakon.com/pokedex/list.php

nws but lol

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

i'm amaized

I'm so loving corny right now.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

i'm amaized

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

glad to see people have lots of time to spend on their interests!

http://kilkakon.com/pokedex/list.php

nws but lol

why did i not anticipate that being exactly what i thought it would be

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

epipen posted:

750mg seems nuts and proooobably wasn't actually making any difference other than increasing the risk of side-effects
folks need to be real careful with poo poo that works on noradrenaline/noradrenaline receptors tbh
prescribers don't give a single gently caress about serotonin syndrome they just go "buh i gave the patient this dose and they say it didn't work so i guess i better increase it"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

C.H.O.M.E posted:

wasnt this a kickstarter? did they make an order for a million of these ball sack lights from some chinese supplier and then fold, and now it's being liquidated?

yeah. i went to design school with the two people who made it.

their kickstarter worked fine and they sold a bunch...this is just the chinese people's liberation industrial xerox machine operating as intended

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

i'm amaized

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

1. who cares
2. "rural virginia" is probably not "within city limits" and it's perfectly legal to fire a gun on your own property, you weirdo

you know about zoning laws, right?

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

atomicthumbs posted:

1. who cares

so only two felonies then, destruction of property in excess of $250 and shooting at an aircraft

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:911:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Apocadall posted:

so only two felonies then, destruction of property in excess of $250 and shooting at an aircraft

Committing felonies is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i'm not seeing what's wrong about shooting a drone out of the sky :shrug:

• Locked thread