Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Broken people who think running trade wagon convoys forever is an acceptable endgame is Trion's target market.

If you just want to play 'house' then pick any number of other games on the market that do it better.

Yeah Trion didn't do any mass bans because it was so rampant basically their entire player base (or close to it) was hacking. How immune you were was directly related to your whale status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I see that the steam stats have this game hovering at under 1k people a week with 1.4k at peak times.

Think it's time to head over to their forums. I predict there will be threads about server merges/transfers/pvpers whinging there is no pvp.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Eh, merges cause huge drama because people would rather keep all their land on a dead server than have it merged. Since transfers are in the game, Trion has basically said they won't be merging and you can transfer to the type of server you want to be on, which is probably the best decision to make. 3.0 may introduce a fresh start server, no idea yet. Morph's population has stayed pretty strong, but I really just log on to pay taxes at the moment.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eltoasto posted:

I really just log on to pay taxes at the moment.

that sounds thrilling, have you tried shooting yourself in the dick?

Im jk all video games are a monster waste of time but its your time to waste.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Payimg online bills with online gold feels satisfying to some people. Dont shame the credit-score simulator audience.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

my most recent speculation is that trion originally merged server based not off population but on number of whales on the server.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meskhenet posted:

my most recent speculation is that trion originally merged server based not off population but on number of whales on the server.

do you think they are trying to group them to trigger a biggest dick spend off or separate them so they can each feel like the biggest whale on their server?

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
The whales seem to be mostly into building and decorating houses on there thankfully, the only guild with a lot of overpowered and likely whales just transfer between servers now to fight different guilds. Including breaking the only player nation that formed on NA servers.

A few still play on Aranzeb here, the game is just enough of a sandbox to keep me playing. Whenever I get bored with one thing there is always something else to work on and after this round of MMO's, the game is just better. I'm hoping for Pantheon or Crowfall to get me out of this one though.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

do you think they are trying to group them to trigger a biggest dick spend off or separate them so they can each feel like the biggest whale on their server?

Both of those option requires some actual thought, something trion is unable to do.

But the first merges, yeah i have this feeling that the servers with too few whales got merged, and the new server was started to see if they could get some extra whales.

What's the deal with transfers? can you do as many as you want? how much do they cost? lol

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
Transfers are 2700 credits and I think they can be done once a month.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I saw some article on the mittani about eve goons in archeage. Are goons actually coming back? If there is going to be another series of meltdowns I may come back to this mess of a game, since the previous clusterfuck was just so memorable. The guy calmly asking a question about buying land In the middle of bee cock being posted everywhere in the thread is one of my favorite gaming moments.

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
Yeah, the mittani started on Morpheus server a month or two ago. Made enough of a deal out of it that they had a starter package code even.
https://www.themittani.com/content/claim-your-free-archeage-items-here

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
That's depressing.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah uh, I hope they're ready to drop some fat stacks of cash to become competitive in this rotting garbage pile.

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
It's not that hard to be competitive in Archeage now. People trying to stay F2P have it hard but if you don't mind shelling out the 15-20 a month you would for any sub game its easy enough to invest in and upgrade gear. Most guilds are around 20-30 people (and 60 alts) so any guild that could be organized with 40+ would have a huge advantage. There is no massive zerg guilds anymore either since there is a 100 player guild cap. If they came with more than that I imagine they'd have to push for a player nation. .

The game itself is good to play now, it's way different that what launched. It still has its issues but it's the best current MMO option out right now to me. I'll keep playing and hope the next round of MMO's do better though.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

madmulligan posted:

Yeah, the mittani started on Morpheus server a month or two ago. Made enough of a deal out of it that they had a starter package code even.
https://www.themittani.com/content/claim-your-free-archeage-items-here

That's all I need to hear to reinstall ArcheAge and give it a go, finally. I missed the wave when it first started and things seemed like it might be a good game, but now I know what to expect and what not to.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Apoplexy posted:

That's all I need to hear to reinstall ArcheAge and give it a go, finally. I missed the wave when it first started and things seemed like it might be a good game, but now I know what to expect and what not to.

The game is fine if you don't chase the carrot.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

jabro posted:

The game is fine if you don't chase the carrot.

It is a fun game.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Thoughts on Armorer vs. Apothecary house? Also is there any practical advantage to an improved chalet or townhouse versus manor, to offset the added tax and materials cost?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol I knew EVE was old and gay and dying but I didn't know it was bad enough to make people turn to Archeage.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Chomp8645 posted:

lol I knew EVE was old and gay and dying but I didn't know it was bad enough to make people turn to Archeage.

Any money or time spent on videogames would be better served supporting Chris Roberts' coke habit.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Apoplexy posted:

hopefully you fare better than the original ~1800 goons that played.

Because the faring was not well.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Kimsemus posted:

hopefully you fare better than the original ~1800 goons that played.

Because the faring was not well.

I dunno, watching you blow up the fishing pact was pretty great. Are the Eve goons in that article the ones who retaliated against you in eve and star citizen (lol) for making archeage fun? If so, I can't wait for the pedos to pop back up.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Is it true that goons lost the eve war?

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
The goon drama at the beginning of the game was pretty ridiculous.

The game is pretty unique and has gotten better with time. With 3.0 and new zones coming soon it would be a good time to get back in.

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
Haven't had a chalet or townhouse to know, I'm still working on a complex of harvesters in ole Goonscour, they make nice lazy money and I crafted 100 packs at my fert house to give away on the east char just to see how that pays. I think the Apothecaries would be better since potions supposedly sell if your crafting them.

I've been too busy to try and make merch runs but if the free packs pay off ok i'll just make AFK suicide merch runs since I have an tons of fertilizer materials around. 3 charcoal crafting fee just to leave them on the beach or load them and aim at Solis while i watch Netflix will pay more than selling the mats like I've been doing. All for lazy income.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bait and Swatch posted:

I can't wait for the pedos to pop back up.

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
There are Goons spread out on Aranzeb that would love to see GS back, and hell. If 100 people did, we'd run the server as it is. We'd have enough guild properties to start it well I know.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Gross

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Bait and Swatch posted:

I dunno, watching you blow up the fishing pact was pretty great. Are the Eve goons in that article the ones who retaliated against you in eve and star citizen (lol) for making archeage fun? If so, I can't wait for the pedos to pop back up.

IDK who is heading up the TMC thing, I just know it was EVE goon "leadership" types who hosed things up for everyone pretty much.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
We had a chance to make something special of this game for example we had a method worked out where we could get money and then with the money we would be able to get the best gear and use it to be the best #1 guild and that method was fishing and we had a fishing pact but kimsemus ruined it he is a goonfucker and now he is banned from eve goons and banned from star citizen goons rip him

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The next iteration of Goon Squad needs to not be run by thin skinned little nancies who get ~~triggered~~ by mean words in a video game.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

PCOS Bill posted:

The next iteration of Goon Squad needs to not be run by thin skinned little nancies who get ~~triggered~~ by mean words in a video game.

Please don't "groom" little Nancy, you gross rear end archeage goons.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ya know what, maybe I just forgot how Goons actually are in games. Too much time spent on drama like this.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
this game was crap and i had more fun in the two days of "goonfucking" (lmao) with kim and eonwe than in the however-many days before that. the goons who played this game were pretty awful and the pedo "scandal" was probably the best evidence ive ever seen that paying 10bux to post on an internet forum doesnt elevate you above other video game people

also, dicks out for balistafreak because i bet he still plays this game

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
I've been back for nearly a year and haven't seen Ballistafreak around, think he left while I had quit myself. The game is a decent one since I came back and has continued to improve slowly. It would be a lot of fun with a large guild built though. As there seems to be interest around (maybe not here but elsewhere) in people returning I'd say this is a good time to.

3.0 Release is coming sometime later this year, it will add a lot more land territories and likely have some kind of freebie gear giveaway. The last giveaway is far from the best and not great for one on one fighting but in a large group or raid it is perfectly viable.

Aranzeb has no large guild controlling events, it is mostly groups of small guilds working together to attempt events and contest other groups. With one large guild and mediocre gear, the server would be pretty much on free farm. Morpheus has several large guilds battling so not the best choice for building up on.

Fishing is still fishing and too boring for me, If i'm burned out on driving packs around or sailing for charcoal I just pick something else to work on. Archeage is just enough of a sandbox to offer alternatives to switch around and pick something else for a goal. I can't wait for a game with more options but for what it offers, it is the best game out for this currently.

If a few people are interested, I'd be glad to pump out guild fertilizer packs in Halcy and Yny to help get people started. Who even has the old guild tag? Werkwerk?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

madmulligan posted:

I've been back for nearly a year and haven't seen Ballistafreak around, think he left while I had quit myself. The game is a decent one since I came back and has continued to improve slowly. It would be a lot of fun with a large guild built though. As there seems to be interest around (maybe not here but elsewhere) in people returning I'd say this is a good time to.

3.0 Release is coming sometime later this year, it will add a lot more land territories and likely have some kind of freebie gear giveaway. The last giveaway is far from the best and not great for one on one fighting but in a large group or raid it is perfectly viable.

Aranzeb has no large guild controlling events, it is mostly groups of small guilds working together to attempt events and contest other groups. With one large guild and mediocre gear, the server would be pretty much on free farm. Morpheus has several large guilds battling so not the best choice for building up on.

Fishing is still fishing and too boring for me, If i'm burned out on driving packs around or sailing for charcoal I just pick something else to work on. Archeage is just enough of a sandbox to offer alternatives to switch around and pick something else for a goal. I can't wait for a game with more options but for what it offers, it is the best game out for this currently.

If a few people are interested, I'd be glad to pump out guild fertilizer packs in Halcy and Yny to help get people started. Who even has the old guild tag? Werkwerk?

Is the fishing pact so many goons died for still respected?

Do you respect it yourself?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

hakimashou posted:

Is the fishing pact so many goons died for still respected?

Do you respect it yourself?

There is no goon guild, therefore no fishing pact.

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
All terms of future fishing pacts may be re-investigated and rewritten for future use...

Fishing pacts would not work on Aranzeb any more regardless, too many small guilds that's primary gaming content is causing problems for other small guilds. The Archeage drama is definitely alive and well still. You would either fish in peace with no one at sea to bother you, or probably easily defend the fishing spot with a few players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
did anyone here ever play on calliel lol?

• Locked thread