Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pellisworth posted:

Trump immigration policy number 1 are you ready ARE YOU READY???

We'll build a great wall all along the border. *cheers for 1min* And Mexico will pay for the wall. Hundred percent. They don't know it yet, but they're gonna pay for the wall.

Nice to see the pivot is dead, again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Jackard posted:

Every state swings for Trump

Maybe because of Trump?

The label on the map says "swing states"(sorry not traditional!), if it was a true nation wide map the results would likely be even more hilarious since I bet Trump has a lot of offices in states he has no chance of winning

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
CRIMINAL ALIENS is the new RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
One hour, two million people are gone!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Boon posted:

1. He gonna build a wall, a grand one. Mexico's paying for it. 100%. Lots of sensors, surveillance, and tunnel busting.

2. End catch and release.

3. Zero tolerance for criminal aliens. They don't come in here. They don't come in here.

Stay tuned for 4 and 5!

I didn't expect we would hit the Republican endgame of "literally hunt foreigners for sport" quite this soon.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Trump said we will build the most beautiful and impenetrable wall. Mexico will pay for it and work with us. He knows this because he met with the Mexican president, who is such a great guy.

We will also drop off immigrants we pick up crossing the birder hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away from the border.

There is so much insanity here it is hard to parse. He sounds so pissed off. There is a speech on the teleprompter he reads when he feels like it.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Boon posted:

1. He gonna build a wall, a grand one. Mexico's paying for it. 100%. Lots of sensors, surveillance, and tunnel busting.

2. End catch and release.

3. Zero tolerance for criminal aliens. They don't come in here. They don't come in here.

Stay tuned for 4 and 5!

This is what he thinks policy looks like? And CNN is entertaining this as "serious?"

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

limp_cheese posted:

Trump said we will build the most beautiful and impenetrable wall. Mexico will pay for it and work with us. He knows this because he met with the Mexican president, who is such a great guy.

We will also drop off immigrants we pick up crossing the birder hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away from the border.

There is so much insanity here it is hard to parse. He sounds so pissed off. There is a speech on the teleprompter he reads when he feels like it.

He's also going to deport any alien who so much as jaywalks. That'll be great for tourism.

EDIT: Immediately too, not even a warning or court proceeding.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
This is awesome, just when you couldn't think things could get any dumber: Make Mexico Great Again Also

The best words.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shillary posted:

He's also going to deport any alien who so much as jaywalks. That'll be great for tourism.

it's somehow more sinister than that

Von Sloneker posted:

we'll deport them "if we even have to do that"

what does

what does that mean

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
He is spending a lot of time talking big words about CRIMINAL ALIENS, it almost seems like a bit of a pivot in that he said the magic words "build the wall" then immediately went to spending a lot more time talking about CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

rscott posted:

Maybe because of Trump? The label on the map says "swing states"(sorry not traditional!), if it was a true nation wide map the results would likely be even more hilarious since I bet Trump has a lot of offices in states he has no chance of winning
I want to see this map

MMGAA

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
WHO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL THOUGH?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Yinlock posted:

it's somehow more sinister than that

Are we sure Trump was never a goon, this sounds like the death squads and murder wall from way back.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh right I forgot

*presses button*

Seriously imagine telling people in 2008 that Rudi Giuliani would be wearing a Make Mexico Great Again Also hat at a press conference.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
How many offices did Trump open in the state of mexico

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
he is actually laying down a lot of policy about CRIMINAL ALIENS but "build the wall and Mexico pays for it" was vague as usual

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Trump just threatened to deport Hillary Clinton.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

"Maybe they'll be able to deport Hillary Clinton!"

Just kick the teleprompter over already.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Perhaps we'll be able to deport Hillary Clinton. Maybe.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Deporting US citizens now on the table.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Apparently illegal aliens will get a delightful minimum mandatory prison stay before being deported, probably so the USA can exploit the prison labor for BIG BUX.

What could go wrong?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Pastrymancy posted:

Maybe he has a line on a great deal on this used setup from China.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So, I can't watch the speech but to be clear:

Donald Trump went to Mexico and came back to

A) Make Mexico Great Again
B) Discuss his plans for land-mines and border walls that Mexico will 100% pay for?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

He's going to triple the amount of ICE personnel. He's actually working out how to actually do this. Massive in increases in government spending and personnel.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

B) Discuss his plans for land-mines and border walls that Mexico will 100% pay for?

Not actually landmines. Sensors.

NUMBER FOUR - Block funding for sanctuary cities (our largest commercial centers)!

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pastrymancy posted:

Belize.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

ImpAtom posted:

C) Deport Clinton

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

limp_cheese posted:

He's going to triple the amount of ICE personnel. He's actually working out how to actually do this. Massive in increases in government spending and personnel.

No, no, no they are law enforcement officers, who we must always respect! As long as they don't do anything to white people

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Boon posted:

Not actually landmines. Sensors.

They just happen to explode when they detect someone. The best explosions.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Boon posted:

Perhaps we'll be able to deport Hillary Clinton. Maybe.

That's the pivot. He's only calling for the deportation of his opponent, instead of her assassination! :v:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Yes he's basically giving a "policy" speech which is exactly the same as everything he's said, build the wall and Mexico will pay for it. But he said a few nice things about Mexico and Mexicans and instead of yelling about Mexican immigrants he's talking about SANCTUARY CITIES and CRIMINAL ALIENS.

Same poo poo just with a slight dogwhistle of not actually saying "deport Mexican rapists" but instead "deport criminal aliens and end sanctuary cities"

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So far there's not really anything new other than "deport any criminal immediately".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What the hell is a sanctuary city?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

HAHAHAHA, we're only on number 4! Sanctuary Cities .... and only cities who cooperate with the feds will get federal funding.

This is kind of a perfect mix of absurd and horrifying.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

computer parts posted:

So far there's not really anything new other than "deport any criminal immediately".

find/replace "Mexicans" with "criminal illegal aliens"

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pellisworth posted:

Yes he's basically giving a "policy" speech which is exactly the same as everything he's said, build the wall and Mexico will pay for it. But he said a few nice things about Mexico and Mexicans and instead of yelling about Mexican immigrants he's talking about SANCTUARY CITIES and CRIMINAL ALIENS.

Same poo poo just with a slight dogwhistle of not actually saying "deport Mexican rapists" but instead "deport criminal aliens and end sanctuary cities"

His supporters will eat it up and he may sway a few on the fence bigots, but I doubt this will get him much goodwill elsewhere. Certainly not with the majority of the Hispanic community.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ImpAtom posted:

Basically in the 80s there were a bunch of cities that said "gently caress you Reagan we're not going to deport refugees back to Guatemala et all to be murdered".

On a side note that's why Reagan had the amnesty plan passed: so he had leeway to deport the currently arriving refugees.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

A city that leaves immigration enforcement to the Federal government, as defined in the Constitution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Trump sucks

• Locked thread