Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
This is appropro of nothing but my favorite unloved running gag is Pat calling VR the "give-up machine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's matt actually

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Solaris Knight posted:

This is appropro of nothing but my favorite unloved running gag is Pat calling VR the "give-up machine"

Specifically, a VR headset with a fleshlight.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
the "give-up machine" is easily on the top ten gags of the year

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

"Blue" is the comedy term for explicit/sexual/violent content. Basically anything above PG 13.

I'm not sad that fuckheads like Keemstar are going to get hit by this. But the extremely vague guidelines about swearing and sexual content are concerning. Though I fully expect them to enforce it about as half-assedly as they always have.

Edit: Apparently foul language is okay as long as it's not meant to "shock or offend". So thanks for those crystal clear guidelines, Google.
It's already hit "challenging" content like Haedox's Activision rant and I heard rumbling of gameplay footage with violent content (which, let's be honest, could describe just about all LPs) was being stuck too but that's off hand talk right now.

Honestly everything is under the gun from this as the rules are all too vauge as to mean nothing bar the "Don't offend the advertisers" part which has made YTs stance on the matter pretty drat clear imho.

EDIT: OK, even videos about beauty tips (IE: Covering acne) are getting hit, I think we're in trouble.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 1, 2016

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

I hope that the others watch Mob Psycho, they so rarely pick up non-Jojo good anime

Because of you mentioning it (I'm behind on the podcast) I watched an episode of Mob Psycho 100, and then watched seven more. Holy poo poo this show is amazing, more people need to know.

You know, is it me, or has anime ACTUALLY gotten better since Trigger vowed to save it? I know correlation isn't causation, but hey.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
time for a patreon

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

hoobajoo posted:

Because of you mentioning it (I'm behind on the podcast) I watched an episode of Mob Psycho 100, and then watched seven more. Holy poo poo this show is amazing, more people need to know.

You know, is it me, or has anime ACTUALLY gotten better since Trigger vowed to save it? I know correlation isn't causation, but hey.

It has, but only because Madhouse, DavidPro, and Bones realized how poo poo most of Trigger's output has been and decided to make actually good shows.

Also who ever did KonoSuba

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It has, but only because Madhouse, DavidPro, and Bones realized how poo poo most of Trigger's output has been and decided to make actually good shows.

Also who ever did KonoSuba

They were so busy saving anime, they forgot to save Kill La Kill.

Which I still liked a lot, but I'll throw a lot I like under a bus if it's for the sake of a joke.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

They were so busy saving anime, they forgot to save Kill La Kill.

Which I still liked a lot, but I'll throw a lot I like under a bus if it's for the sake of a joke.

Also that actual full time show they did last season wasn't that hot.

Luluco was okay for what it was though.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also that actual full time show they did last season wasn't that hot.

Luluco was okay for what it was though.

They only did the animation for Kiznaiver, so can't really hold that against them. Same with When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace.

Luluco was a delight.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
The latest Jojo EOH on vessel got some cool moments Seeing all the Jojos all lined up together is pretty cool and of course, Dio Gone To Heaven no sold attacks from Gold Experience Requiem and Tusk Act 4, two of the most powerful stands ever .

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
ONE single-handedly saved anime.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dias posted:

ONE single-handedly saved anime.

And Webcomics.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Metroid federation sold 4k in japan. drat thats even less tha beat groper simulator.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Mob is the first anime of this tier since Kyousougiga (which did actually share space with KLK, as it happens).

Trigger has been a largely terrible studio but I am holding onto hope for the Little Witch Academia tv series.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

Metroid federation sold 4k in japan. drat thats even less tha beat groper simulator.

Metroid games do not sell in Japan and the franchise is kept alive entirely by the West

that's how it's always been

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

For those that didn't play Nier themselves there's two things Liam super failed to mention in the finale that are mildly important if you liked the plot.

1: If you try to create a new game save with the name Lucky Ted or whoever you erased, the game slaps your hand and tells you "No, that person doesn't exist" and forces you to choose a different name. You literally lock yourself out of a file name. on top of it.

2: Not all of Nier was erased, the Memory Tree way back when still has recollection of who he was and considers Nier a memory too precious to let fade, so there is one thing that recalls him even if it is a weirdo tree.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
The ending to Nier D killed me when I first got it, especially when I saw the Lunar Tear on the menu screen :smith:. I feel like Nier really did a great job at narrative and tying narrative into the mechanics, but god did those mechanics suck though. It's pretty astounding Yoko Taro managed to even get money for it despite Drakengard being a huge flop (and even more astounding is how he got money for Drakengard 3). I wonder if he's got friends in high places or something.

Good playthrough overall. RIP Lucky Ted, ye will be missed.

So did Pat ever realize that Kaine was intersex, or did that completely slip by him? I didn't watch some episodes, so he may have figured it out in one of those, but that's a pretty important part of her backstory to miss if he did.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yoko Taro specifically keeps getting funding from square enix because the president really likes him and uses the vanity fund on him whenever possible.

That's it. That's the only reason why he's got 3 (soon 4) console games with big budgets that were advertised on WWE raw.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ConanThe3rd posted:

It's already hit "challenging" content like Haedox's Activision rant and I heard rumbling of gameplay footage with violent content (which, let's be honest, could describe just about all LPs) was being stuck too but that's off hand talk right now.

Honestly everything is under the gun from this as the rules are all too vauge as to mean nothing bar the "Don't offend the advertisers" part which has made YTs stance on the matter pretty drat clear imho.

EDIT: OK, even videos about beauty tips (IE: Covering acne) are getting hit, I think we're in trouble.

Google is and always has been Piss

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Ending C of Nier's song is in Gaelic, not German. For the record.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

Yoko Taro specifically keeps getting funding from square enix because the president really likes him and uses the vanity fund on him whenever possible.

That's it. That's the only reason why he's got 3 (soon 4) console games with big budgets that were advertised on WWE raw.
What are you ta-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrT2utF_ac

Huh.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Woolie and Liam playing through Command Mission reminds me of how cool Command Mission was. Shame I never managed to beat it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is an emergency, I need toilet pat STAT

edit: also if there is a clip of the relevant discussion to the perfect toilet picture on youtube, a link would be helpful

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh, the guys did the dumb thing again where they upload a video out of sequence, hide it, then remake it public and it doesn't show up at the top of your subscriptions. I was wonder where Jojo 13 went.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Captain Invictus posted:

this is an emergency, I need toilet pat STAT

you mean the painting I did a while ago?

why?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Should be in the op

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

God drat it EoH, yes you do have DIO's body in this world, it's currently walking around and calling itself Jonathan Joestar

e: also Woolie thinks the World Over Heaven is just the World left to its own devices so I guess he doesn't remember what Stone Ocean was about?

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 3, 2016

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

lets hang out posted:

Should be in the op

Rodyle posted:

God drat it EoH, yes you do have DIO's body in this world, it's currently walking around and calling itself Jonathan Joestar

e: also Woolie thinks the World Over Heaven is just the World left to its own devices so I guess he doesn't remember what Stone Ocean was about?

To be fair, Stone Ocean didn't really make tons of sense to begin with. It was about everything being the same, except everyone knows it so that's better and also no Joestars I guess? I think?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Al-Saqr posted:

you mean the painting I did a while ago?

why?

Excellent, thank you

Nothing really important unfortunately!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The king of fighters sold slightly less than No Man's sky in japan at 20k. Let's hope they were banking on the western sales.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Tae posted:

The king of fighters sold slightly less than No Man's sky in japan at 20k. Let's hope they were banking on the western sales.

It seems to be doing pretty well in China (at least as well as those do). The two official online sources to buy the disc version have thousands of positive reviews, which is pretty impressive considering the recent Ratchet and Clank, which was considered a success here, only has like 800 total. For reference most PS4 games are hovering around 30-100, some having been out for 1-2 years compared to KOF's like 2 weeks.

But KOF has always been crazy popular here so it's kind of unsurprising. The arcade by my house still has a couple dozen 97 and 98 machines with people playing every day.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Captain Invictus posted:

Excellent, thank you

Nothing really important unfortunately!

well if you're going to post it on another forum or something let me know, I'd love to read any reaction to it lol.

I always wonder if Pat ever caught wind of this.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm so glad they used the full title of Hisoutensoku in the description. "Chase the Enigma of the Superdreadnought Guignol" has always been an in-joke with some friends. Although Woolie butchered the word Guignol more than he butchered Gaskwaaaign.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
OH poo poo WHAT

https://www.vessel.com/videos/Cr4WcW_02

I'm guessing this is a one-off since no #, which is a shame. I'd love to see them go through a SRW campaign(even if it'd wind up being like 200 episodes), once you've seen all the attacks and switch to animskip like any sane person, the battles go by super fast. The original OG 1 and 2 have some pretty outstanding moments, on top of stellar mech designs. The "Episode 30" moment is an absolute highlight and the height of self-awareness.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hoobajoo posted:

To be fair, Stone Ocean didn't really make tons of sense to begin with. It was about everything being the same, except everyone knows it so that's better and also no Joestars I guess? I think?

It's not really clear what DIO's Heaven would have done if DIO had used it rather than Pucci. DIO abandoned his Heaven magicks when he discovered his time stopping ability and was going to just freeze time forever. Pucci was obssessed with fate because he blames himself for Weather Report and his sister's tragic and incredibly dumb backstory. He uses Heaven to try and make a world where everyone already knows their fate because he thinks that doing so would absolve him of the guilt of indirectly killing his sister and making Weather Report do that snail stuff. Everyone who was killed by Pucci in the final battle are different in the new world and it seems like the Joestar's have been "rewarded" by fate since Jolyne/Irene has a functional relationship with her dad. Part 6 is really bonkers at the end and has some dumb twists but Pucci is a pretty good villain IMHO.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

OH poo poo WHAT

https://www.vessel.com/videos/Cr4WcW_02

I'm guessing this is a one-off since no #, which is a shame. I'd love to see them go through a SRW campaign(even if it'd wind up being like 200 episodes), once you've seen all the attacks and switch to animskip like any sane person, the battles go by super fast. The original OG 1 and 2 have some pretty outstanding moments, on top of stellar mech designs. The "Episode 30" moment is an absolute highlight and the height of self-awareness.

After their last SRW video and how Woolie seemed to hate how the entire game plays and didn't care much aside from the Gurren Lagann stuff, a whole series of that seems like it'd be awful. I mean I haven't watched that yet, but the idea itself seems like it'd be a disaster.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Overlord K posted:

After their last SRW video and how Woolie seemed to hate how the entire game plays and didn't care much aside from the Gurren Lagann stuff, a whole series of that seems like it'd be awful. I mean I haven't watched that yet, but the idea itself seems like it'd be a disaster.

You're confusing Woolie with Pat. Pat hates SRW because of the SD nature. Woolie literally recorded an entire play session instead of just loading up his endgame file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie doesn't hate the SD, but does constantly broadcast terrible mecha opinions and act like UC Gundam and TTGL are the only legit mech series