Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Doppelganger posted:

I'm probably picking 6th in an 8 team standard money league. I've been reading Gronk is a top 5 pick in 8-team leagues, agree or disagree?

You should check out the beersheets for your league.

In the meantime, I fussed around a bit with my simulator. It thinks Gronk is about a mid-2nd by VORP in an 8-team league. If you VORP draft while everybody else either sticks with fantasypros rankings or ADP, it likes a start of Nuk/Charles/Ingram as you first 3 (assuming ppr). Gotta say that looks pretty good.

It has Cam as your #4 (again, assuming standard rosters an 1ppr) but I'd personally rather go TY, Lacy, McCoy, or Demaryius in the 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Yah I would probably do that, Abdullah isn't great but has more upside than Chris Johnson, who is really just going to be a change of pace back for DJ. I don't really like Garcon but that could be bias because his games are all over the place score-wise.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ty1990 posted:

I'm getting close to having to cut a player for a kicker so im trying to make a trade to clear roster space. One offer discussed was my Pierre Garcon and Chris Johnson for his Ameer Abdullah. My top 3 wideouts are Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, and Mike Evans in the flex. Rishard Matthews and Smith SR are next up.

I do this right?

Absolutely. You can get Garcons production on the wire and I'd rather Abdullah than CJ2k 10/10.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Ty1990 posted:

I'm getting close to having to cut a player for a kicker so im trying to make a trade to clear roster space. One offer discussed was my Pierre Garcon and Chris Johnson for his Ameer Abdullah. My top 3 wideouts are Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen, and Mike Evans in the flex. Rishard Matthews and Smith SR are next up.

I do this right?

Mash like potatoes

e: especially if you need a bench spot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why are you rostering Steve Smith

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
YEAH WAIT A SECOND CUT HIS rear end TOO

Pick which option you want
- Players are useless coming off Achilles
- Players are useless at 37 or older

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
That press conference scared me into picking him

he is not actually on my team

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Metapod posted:

Why are you rostering Steve Smith

Literally the last pick in the draft and I was beyond drunk at that point. He'll be the one dropped if I can't swing a trade.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

YEAH WAIT A SECOND CUT HIS rear end TOO

Pick which option you want
- Players are useless coming off Achilles
- Players are useless at 37 or older

LISTEN TO THIS MAN HE HAS A BLOG

Ty1990 posted:

Literally the last pick in the draft and I was beyond drunk at that point. He'll be the one dropped if I can't swing a trade.

I would just drop him now for the best RB/WR and still work out that trade

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Would you consider trading any of the following for Derrick Henry:

Sterling Shepard
Kamar Aiken

I have AB84, Keenan Allen, Kelvin Benjamin, and Marvin Jones so I am set at WR but my depth at RB is not so hot. (Lacy, LMurray, DWashington, McKinnon)

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Is the Reddit page gone where I could submit my leagues stats for a custom beersheet?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

LISTEN TO THIS MAN HE HAS A BLOG

Kamar Aiken is finally going ahead of Steve Smith. I like to think my *checks stats* 303 page views did it.

Yeah. That's the ticket.

MrSargent posted:

Would you consider trading any of the following for Derrick Henry:

Sterling Shepard
Kamar Aiken

I have AB84, Keenan Allen, Kelvin Benjamin, and Marvin Jones so I am set at WR but my depth at RB is not so hot. (Lacy, LMurray, DWashington, McKinnon)

Yes, but only because you have Lacy, a backup, and The Oakland Running Back Entity. I would try to move Benjamin for someone better though because those trades (Aiken or Shepard for Henry) you're still moving a lottery ticket for a lottery ticket

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 1, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

austin plz

https://twitter.com/WFLAPaul/status/771175362575212544

austin no

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Kamar Aiken is finally going ahead of Steve Smith. I like to think my *checks stats* 303 page views did it.

Yeah. That's the ticket.

I made a bad joke earlier in the thread about being the Baltimore #1 WR isn't all that impressive, but in all honestly, Flacco is a good enough QB, and Aiken was good enough last year, that at his ADP, he's a loving steal.

He's what the Torrey Smith truthers were mouthing off about in July

fake edit: also, to a lesser extent, Kenny Stills

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Yes, but only because you have Lacy, a backup, and The Oakland Running Back Entity. I would try to move Benjamin for someone better though because those trades (Aiken or Shepard for Henry) you're still moving a lottery ticket for a lottery ticket

Not even sure who I would target with KB. Maybe Gio?

Edit: I should probably let my team play their first game before trying to trade people.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

He's what the Torrey Smith truthers were mouthing off about in July

look sometimes you have to fill your writing quota and write terrible pieces OKAY

MrSargent posted:

Not even sure who I would target with KB. Maybe Gio?

Gio is going to have a big fat fuckin positive TD regression. With Kelvin I would trade him ASAP because I only think he's going down from here.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

MrSargent posted:

Edit: I should probably let my team play their first game before trying to trade people.

Nonsense

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I regret signing up for three leagues. I let two of them autodraft today because I realized there is just no way I can be bothered to care about more than one team. Sorry, people whose leagues I am in. I'll still set a lineup every week

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Got a keeper league coming up next week. 10 man, 2QB and 6PaTDs. Drafting at 10th at the turn.

I basically go QB-QB here, right?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Miko posted:

Got a keeper league coming up next week. 10 man, 2QB and 6PaTDs. Drafting at 10th at the turn.

I basically go QB-QB here, right?

I think it depends on what QBs are drafted ahead of you. What are your keeper rules? You may want to go QB / WR.

Miko
May 20, 2001

I have Hopkins keeping for a 10th, and Eifert for a 14th.

I think one of the big guys Newton/Rodgers/Brees/Wilson/Luck, if they're still around. Or else I try to grab AJ Green or BMarsh?

edit: 0.5 PPR

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Miko posted:

I have Hopkins keeping for a 10th, and Eifert for a 14th.

I think one of the big guys Newton/Rodgers/Brees/Wilson/Luck, if they're still around. Or else I try to grab AJ Green or BMarsh?

edit: 0.5 PPR

Are none of those guys being kept? That's surprising.

Miko
May 20, 2001

I had Rodgers and Brees, I can keep either for a 1st rounder (they were my top two picks last year)

Now that I'm thinking about it, I feel like i should, over Eifert.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

look sometimes you have to fill your writing quota and write terrible pieces OKAY

ilu tho

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Miko posted:

I had Rodgers and Brees, I can keep either for a 1st rounder (they were my top two picks last year)

I would probably keep Rodgers here instead of injured Eifert.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
E: wrong thread

Doppelganger fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 1, 2016

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Miko posted:

Holy poo poo don't keep a TE when you could keep Rodgers in a 2 QB 6 pt TD league.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

Ty1990 posted:

I do this right?

I would. With increased usage Abdullah is borderline flexworthy.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

coronaball posted:

Holy poo poo don't keep a TE when you could keep Rodgers in a 2 QB 6 pt TD league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

This a thousand times.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Standard Scoring, 12-team league.

Had the #1 pick which I think is the worst you could want. Went a little heavy with the Wide Receivers but generally feel okay about my draft.

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Ryan Mathews
RB: Latavius Murray
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Alshon Jeffery
TE: Delanie Walker
FLEX: Larry Fitzgeral
K: Steven Hauschka
DEF: Rams

Bench:
QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Rashad Jennings
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Rishard Matthews
WR: Laquon Treadwell

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Tortilla Maker posted:

Standard Scoring, 12-team league.

Had the #1 pick which I think is the worst you could want. Went a little heavy with the Wide Receivers but generally feel okay about my draft.

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Ryan Mathews
RB: Latavius Murray
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Alshon Jeffery
TE: Delanie Walker
FLEX: Larry Fitzgeral
K: Steven Hauschka
DEF: Rams

Bench:
QB: Ryan Tannehill
RB: Rashad Jennings
WR: Stefon Diggs
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Rishard Matthews
WR: Laquon Treadwell

Solid starters, but your RB depth is troubling. Would much rather see you roster some upside RBs as opposed to Rishard Matthews and Treadwell.

Is Ware, McKinnon, T. Coleman or even Rob Kelley available on waivers? If Matt Jones doesnt start week 1 he may be a flip candidate as he should be the WAS starter.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Oh geez, I got roped into a Dynasty/IDP .5 PPR league with like 40 bench slots. Does anyone know if there's a beersheet equivalent for this sort of thing? No one else has done it before either (first year for the league) so maybe I'll be OK, but I need all the help I can get.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Wow Jamaal Charles's note got updated to say he might miss week 1 now. Ware might be climbing boards now.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

I do this right?

Fantasysp.com's trade analyzer believes he would get the better value 15-to-8.61. CJ's value alone is greater than Abdullah's.

That said, my first reaction was "take the deal."
In fantasypros .5 ppr rankings Abdullah is #80 overall where CJ comes in #181.

I'd take it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Wrong Thread.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 1, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Wow Jamaal Charles's note got updated to say he might miss week 1 now. Ware might be climbing boards now.

Suave Fedora posted:

This news about Jamaal Charles coming on slowly has coaxed me to drop Derek Carr (1 QB league) for Spencer Ware.

:colbert:

e: I'm a Charles owner.

On a serious note, you should already have borderline-flex worthy guys on your bench (e.g. Abdullah, Woodhead, Blount, Crowell) that should be involved and providing fantasy relevance all year long, instead of lottery tickets like McKinnon, Derrick Henry or Ware.

Charles doesn't have a setback, he's just coming on slower. Yeah he will be eased in, but to what percentage of totes we won't know until Week 1. I'd say that Ware will get production in Week 1 but that value will slide the further into the season you go. Don't go nuts dropping key players for him.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 1, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I dropped DeVante Parker for Ware yesterday. Didn't expect Charles to move into missing week 1 territory though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Wasn't thrilled with the way this draft ended up... Thoughts?

There's a rate your team thread, but since you already posted this here I'll comment.

You have the top rated QB in the league. There was no reason for you to draft another QB. That roster spot should be used on RB/WR depth. In your case, running back depth. After going WR/WR, you should have focused more on bolstering RB depth instead of the multiple WR's you took in the middle rounds. Overall the team is solid. I especially like being able to roll out Green and Robinson every week. Focus on getting some solid RB backups. Maybe package Winston and a WR in a deal for one.

On another note, this Charles news sucks. He better return to form soon or my 2nd round pick is going to look real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

KC seems like one of the more desirable "stash a handcuff" teams in the league. You know the talent behind Charles is alright, and you know that the offense likes to use the RB.

Like I wouldn't be going crazy trying to roster guys from some teams, but Ware should probably be on a bench in most larger leagues/more roster spots.

• Locked thread