Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

VendaGoat posted:

Fine.

But can we please get SA a New pair of tits?

The "old ladies" are starting to droop something fierce.

Hey, you're the guy who likes 'em huge. That's what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Putty posted:

good things:

gbs
dark souls
overwatch

bad things:

qcs
estoc
mei

Uh whoa.... :same:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

harry is a bit of a chad minicock in general

snape is right he is an arrogant little bitch with no skills to back it up lol

pretty much, he gets lucky constantly.

Oh you survived an attack from voldemort? Because your mom threw her body on your face.
Oh you won wizard soccer? It's cause your dumb rear end tripped and ate the ball.
Oh you beat voldemort in a duel? It's cause your wand has the ghost of your parents inside it.
Oh you solved literally any puzzle? Thank Hermoine because your dumbass didn't do it.
The one time you did good in class? You had Snape's old textbook idiot.
What about when you defeated the Basilisk? Hermoine walked you to it, Dumbledore gave you the weapon and it basically killed itself.
That wizard cup? You lost, voldemort just showed up and killed the real winner.
Voldemort attacks you? Good thing dumbledore fought him off.
Voldemort attacks you again? Good thing dumbledore committed suicide in full knowledge of how much of a little bitch you are to trick voldemort into using a bad wand to try and kill harry in a wand kahmehameha fight (Which again his parents come out of)

His parents also gave him a goblin vault full of gold bricks so he never has to worry about money again.

:argh: I'm mad about harry potter

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 1, 2016

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Captain Yossarian posted:

I had a seizure

hillary clinton goonstatus confirmed

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

skander posted:

Hey, you're the guy who likes 'em huge. That's what happens.

It happens at any size.

#droopyatanysize

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Triggered posted:

Its called having a bit of self control, if I don't want something spoilered, I don't go to places that I'm highly likely to see spoilers. SA is a place that allows spoilers to be displayed, its not loving rocket science is it.

So people who regularly watch popular TV shows and movies should never go to SA. Gotcha. This is good for the forums and will revitalize the community.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org

AugmentedVision posted:

So people who regularly watch popular TV shows and movies should never go to SA. Gotcha. This is good for the forums and will revitalize the community.

If you dont want them spoilered then no you shouldnt come to SA. Ez pz.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i want to post on the awful forums so badly, but unfortunately i love game of thrones.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

why must the world be so unfair!? *sobs into hands for 20 minutes*

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Why are the 2016 reregs furiously defending spoilers lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

pretty much, he gets lucky constantly.

Oh you survived an attack from voldemort? Because your mom threw her body on your face.
Oh you won wizard soccer? It's cause your dumb rear end tripped and ate the ball.
Oh you beat voldemort in a duel? It's cause your wand has the ghost of your parents inside it.
Oh you solved literally any puzzle? Thank Hermoine because your dumbass didn't do it.
The one time you did good in class? You had Snape's old textbook idiot.
What about when you defeated the Basilisk? Hermoine walked you to it, Dumbledore gave you the weapon and it basically killed itself.
That wizard cup? You lost, voldemort just showed up and killed the real winner.
Voldemort attacks you? Good thing dumbledore fought him off.
Voldemort attacks you again? Good thing dumbledore committed suicide in full knowledge of how much of a little bitch you are to trick voldemort into using a bad wand to try and kill harry in a wand kahmehameha fight (Which again his parents come out of)

His parents also gave him a goblin vault full of gold bricks so he never has to worry about money again.

:argh: I'm mad about harry potter

pretty much yeah lol exactly

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Hell Yeah posted:

why must the world be so unfair!? *sobs into hands for 20 minutes*

that kind of forums hostility is the problem with something awful mister. Ironically mocking my bitchmade mewling at knowing what happens before it happens in my television shows.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

AugmentedVision posted:

the posting of spoilers is meant to deter individuals who jack off while watching and discussing tv shows from posting in gbs.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Hell Yeah posted:

the posting of spoilers is meant to deter individuals who jack off while watching and discussing tv shows from posting in gbs.

the dogpiler is nothing without the dogpilee

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
that wimpy emo kid is han solo's son

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
star war sucks!

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
The best thing to do if a show is spoiled for you is to just forget what was spoiled.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

AugmentedVision posted:

the dogpiler is nothing without the dogpilee

several tviv posters were trying to seriouspost in the gbs got thread all the way to the end of the season and this resulted in retaliatory spoilers being posted in the tviv thread. if that's not funny to you then you can't be helped.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org

AugmentedVision posted:

Why are crying like a lil bitch about them.

https://youtu.be/ZSS5dEeMX64

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Spoilers and the reaction to complaining about them was his entire point

The fact that spoilers were mentioned in the post is incidental to the actual point. It was an *example* of the kind of thing that drives people away. Naturally, goons saw a word they don't like and fixate upon it and do a massive cool-kid dogpile, further proving the point.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

But please, continue to both cry about spoilers, cry about people that tell you to stop crying and then try and blame people that are just making fun of something (you crying) for being what is wrong with the forums and not the thin skinned crybabies that break down at ":qq: forums hostility :qq:" because someone spoiled a television show for them and made fun of them for getting mad.

Jeez, settle down. I don't care about spoilers, I just think it's dumb when goons do the dumb thing mentioned above. They did the same thing in the Rhonda Rousey thread because Moridin said the word ninja (I'm not even sure he did even that). Reading comprehension goes out the window just so they can lay down some sick burns.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Sick burns are awesome tho

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Hell Yeah posted:

several tviv posters were trying to seriouspost in the gbs got thread all the way to the end of the season and this resulted in retaliatory spoilers being posted in the tviv thread. if that's not funny to you then you can't be helped.

It's funny as hell but I bet they got probed for it. I just need consistency. I hate when things aren't regular and logical (like trains)

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
and it was funny seeing morondin dig his hole deeper because he must have the last word

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I'm not nearly enough of a normie to watch hot new TV shows, but my autism is mild enough that I can feel empathy for those who do

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Kaedric posted:

The fact that spoilers were mentioned in the post is incidental to the actual point. It was an *example* of the kind of thing that drives people away. Naturally, goons saw a word they don't like and fixate upon it and do a massive cool-kid dogpile, further proving the point.

Jeez, settle down. I don't care about spoilers, I just think it's dumb when goons do the dumb thing mentioned above. They did the same thing in the Rhonda Rousey thread because Moridin said the word ninja (I'm not even sure he did even that). Reading comprehension goes out the window just so they can lay down some sick burns.

he used spoilers as his only example, and spoilers have been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

also mordin responded to a video that was presented as a Ninja being beaten by a MMA fighter, titled "MMA VS NINJA" and argued against the very concept extensively with multiple people about what ninjas even are, which caused the slap fight you are talking about. This somehow proves your point that the problem with SA is hostility and not at all you complaining just to be complaining about something you don't even understand in the first place.

Talk about reading comprehension.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 1, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I watch cartoons exclusively so I don't give a poo poo about live action TV.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

AugmentedVision posted:

It's funny as hell but I bet they got probed for it. I just need consistency. I hate when things aren't regular and logical (like trains)

the spoilers were posted in the tviv thread like 2 episodes before the finale if i recall correctly lmao

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
People who get mad about spoilers are mentally retarded. There's libraries of great books that have gone unread while you watch a show about loving dragons, who even cares? It's a fun show, some of it is really entertaining and the production is first rate but lol if you're watching it for the "plot". Don't kid yourself. Gurm didn't just start off writing soaps, he's still getting rich off 'em.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

he used spoilers as his only example, and spoilers have been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

also mordin responded to a video that was presented as a Ninja being beaten by a MMA fighter, titled "MMA VS NINJA" and argued against the very concept extensively with multiple people about what ninjas even are, which caused the slap fight you are talking about. This somehow proves your point that the problem with SA is hostility and not at all you complaining just to be complaining about something you don't even understand in the first place.

Talk about reading comprehension.

spoilers were mentioned precisely once until you and the other coolguys globbed onto that guys post and made the last three pages of the thread about it. You did that.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
You guys are nerds.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

AugmentedVision posted:

spoilers were mentioned precisely once until you and the other coolguys globbed onto that guys post and made the last three pages of the thread about it. You did that.

uh excuse me, i personally trolled the gbs game of thrones thread for months, upsetting literally tens of nerds, and want to be recognized for that.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You guys are nerds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtP1eyF8LgI

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol at all the bitch babies who want GBS shut down so they can watch GoT and post on SA at the same time.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You guys are nerds.
Is being a nerd back to being a bad thing? I'm not up on chic.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
To satisfy everyone add a checkbox to settings:
[ ] I'm a giant baby.
that hides GBS, FYAD and BYOB.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Posting in a thread and claiming not to care about the thread topic should be a bannable offense imo.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

AugmentedVision posted:

I'm not sure which way I want to take this

On one hand, I could say that discussion tends to happen when people bring subjects to that discussion specifically to discuss them, so of course something someone mentioned is being talked about?

on the other hand, it takes more than one person to argue about something so you can't take the high road when you are right in the middle of the argument, continuing it yourself with your own posts, you are continuing to do that.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Neither of those hands have ever touched a breast.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Smythe posted:

I'm going to bring back weekly events, soon.

good

Smythe posted:

SA has always been the best forum on the internet, and still is to this day.

agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm not sure which way I want to take this

On one hand, I could say that discussion tends to happen when people bring subjects to that discussion specifically to discuss them, so of course something someone mentioned is being talked about?

on the other hand, it takes more than one person to argue about something so you can't take the high road when you are right in the middle of the argument, continuing it yourself with your own posts, you are continuing to do that.

whatever helps you forget that you and buds piling onto the guy for one word in one post is what set us on this course

• Locked thread