Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is the same story from this morning

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
Once it's paid it's not taxpayer cash. it's Bill Clinton's cash. That's how this whole money concept works, it gets transferred. It's really catching on.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Eonwe posted:

Wow, gently caress Politico

It isn't tax dollars any more than a government worker buying a beer with his paycheck is buying a beer with tax dollars

thousands of government funded abortions and we didn't even know

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Phobophilia posted:

We shall sodomize your sons, emblems of your feeble masculinity, of your shallow dreams and vulgar lies. We shall seduce them in your schools, in your dormitories, in your gymnasiums, in your locker rooms, in your sports arenas, in your seminaries, in your youth groups, in your movie theater bathrooms, in your army bunkhouses, in your truck stops, in your all male clubs, in your houses of Congress, wherever men are with men together. Your sons shall become our minions and do our bidding. They will be recast in our image. They will come to crave and adore us.

Women, you cry for freedom. You say you are no longer satisfied with men; they make you unhappy. We, connoisseurs of the masculine face, the masculine physique, shall take your men from you then. We will amuse them; we will instruct them; we will embrace them when they weep. Women, you say you wish to live with each other instead of with men. Then go and be with each other. We shall give your men pleasures they have never known because we are foremost men too, and only one man knows how to truly please another man; only one man can understand the depth and feeling, the mind and body of another man.

All laws banning homosexual activity will be revoked. Instead, legislation shall be passed which engenders love between men.

All homosexuals must stand together as brothers; we must be united artistically, philosophically, socially, politically and financially. We will triumph only when we present a common face to the vicious heterosexual enemy.

If you dare to cry human being, fairy, queer, at us, we will stab you in your cowardly hearts and defile your dead, puny bodies.

We shall write poems of the love between men; we shall stage plays in which man openly caresses man; we shall make films about the love between heroic men which will replace the cheap, superficial, sentimental, insipid, juvenile, heterosexual infatuations presently dominating your cinema screens. We shall sculpt statues of beautiful young men, of bold athletes which will be placed in your parks, your squares, your plazas. The museums of the world will be filled only with paintings of graceful, naked lads.

Our writers and artists will make love between men fashionable and de rigueur, and we will succeed because we are adept at setting styles. We will eliminate heterosexual liaisons through usage of the devices of wit and ridicule, devices which we are skilled in employing.

We will unmask the powerful homosexuals who masquerade as heterosexuals. You will be shocked and frightened when you find that your presidents and their sons, your industrialists, your senators, your mayors, your generals, your athletes, your film stars, your television personalities, your civic leaders, your priests are not the safe, familiar, bourgeois, heterosexual figures you assumed them to be. We are everywhere; we have infiltrated your ranks. Be careful when you speak of homosexuals because we are always among you; we may be sitting across the desk from you; we may be sleeping in the same bed with you.

There will be no compromises. We are not middle-class weaklings. Highly intelligent, we are the natural aristocrats of the human race, and steely-minded aristocrats never settle for less. Those who oppose us will be exiled.

We shall raise vast private armies, as Mishima did, to defeat you. We shall conquer the world because warriors inspired by and banded together by homosexual love and honor are invincible as were the ancient Greek soldiers.

The family unit-spawning ground of lies, betrayals, mediocrity, hypocrisy and violence--will be abolished. The family unit, which only dampens imagination and curbs free will, must be eliminated. Perfect boys will be conceived and grown in the genetic laboratory. They will be bonded together in communal setting, under the control and instruction of homosexual savants.

All churches who condemn us will be closed. Our only gods are handsome young men. We adhere to a cult of beauty, moral and esthetic. All that is ugly and vulgar and banal will be annihilated. Since we are alienated from middle-class heterosexual conventions, we are free to live our lives according to the dictates of the pure imagination. For us too much is not enough.

The exquisite society to emerge will be governed by an elite comprised of gay poets. One of the major requirements for a position of power in the new society of homoeroticism will be indulgence in the Greek passion. Any man contaminated with heterosexual lust will be automatically barred from a position of influence. All males who insist on remaining stupidly heterosexual will be tried in homosexual courts of justice and will become invisible men.

We shall rewrite history, history filled and debased with your heterosexual lies and distortions. We shall portray the homosexuality of the great leaders and thinkers who have shaped the world. We will demonstrate that homosexuality and intelligence and imagination are inextricably linked, and that homosexuality is a requirement for true nobility, true beauty in a man.

We shall be victorious because we are fueled with the ferocious bitterness of the oppressed who have been forced to play seemingly bit parts in your dumb, heterosexual shows throughout the ages. We too are capable of firing guns and manning the barricades of the ultimate revolution.

Tremble, hetero swine, when we appear before you without our masks.

Sir this is a mcdonalds drive thru

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/JoePerticone/status/771426495839567872

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Regular Nintendo posted:

lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Eonwe posted:

Wow, gently caress Politico

It isn't tax dollars any more than a government worker buying a beer with his paycheck is buying a beer with tax dollars

it's literally his presidential pension, what weird poo poo have the other presidents bought with theirs? it's his loving money

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Nicholas_Warino/status/771429297668042753

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Protip: Whenever this happens divide the number of pages you see by 10, go back that many pages from the last one and catch up. I gaurentee you will have absorbed everything major that's happened in those pages at least twice. And if you cared about the other really funny detail poo poo then you should just read the 900 pages.

When I fall behind I read every 2-5th page, depending how many back I am. I don't want to actually skim more than about 15 pages of backlog.

(Missed pages)/x <= 15, solve for x

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/JudicialWatch/status/771415427251630080

Trumpers are freaking out over this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are these from the 30 that got identified last week?

Also did he get the passport?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/771429544012222465
:captainpop:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

~*sought*~

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

prefect posted:

Wasn't it from paychecks Bill got? Once you cash that, I don't think it counts as "tax dollars", because it's yours.

I used tax dollars to buy booze, pay for lap dances, and travel to foreign countries. I've also literally thrown tax dollars away.

Public servant. I've thrown pennies away.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sought meaning didn't get I'm assuming

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oof

Yeah, but I'm not clicking on a Judicial watch link to corroborate the tweet

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

they freak out when she has her morning coffee

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Holy poo poo. What is the record raised in a month?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Open a campaign office in every single state, why not

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/771430732627673088

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lysandus posted:

Trump is always saying our military is depleted, but what is depleted about it?

Just ask in GIP or some poo poo, it's basically a statement which is worded wrongly but the spirit of it isn't totally untrue. Perfect campaign line in other words.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the worst thing about the democratic primary was salty idiots shouting, "well, JUDICIAL WATCH says" as if anyone should give a poo poo what judicial watch thinks

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

the worst thing about the democratic primary was salty idiots shouting, "well, JUDICIAL WATCH says" as if anyone should give a poo poo what judicial watch thinks

my favorite was when they would literally cite Citizens United, not the finding, the PAC, and believe 100% whatever they said as long as it was bad about Hillary

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

quote:

New Abedin Emails Reveal Clinton Foundation Exec Sought LinkedIn Connection; May Have New Profile Views

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

shiksa posted:

whenever it says they "asked" or "sought" it means that the best they could do is they asked and got nowhere. Its a way to try to make up a story from nothing

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

shiksa posted:

Shhhhh. Details don't matter. Nothing matters.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
politico really going out of its way today to remind us all why Charles Pierce calls them "Tiger Beat on the Potomac"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
There's so many stories from the leaked emails that paint Hillary as goddamn Mr Smith goes to Washington turning down all this juicy corruption

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

zoux posted:

I have no idea but the conspiracy wheels are now spinning in overdrive because one of the people in the email had the last name Rothschild.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

Just ask in GIP or some poo poo, it's basically a statement which is worded wrongly but the spirit of it isn't totally untrue. Perfect campaign line in other words.

our actual infantry could be better equipped and veterans could be taken MUCH better care of but Republicans always say it like they want to build more battlecruisers and dreadnoughts or some poo poo and divert funding for the actual important things to bullshit pork projects in their districts

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Montasque posted:

I have no idea but the conspiracy wheels are now spinning in overdrive because one of the people in the email had the last name Rothschild.

ahahahahh

Also for comparison's sake:
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/771431675008020480

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Regular Nintendo posted:

Lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

our actual infantry could be better equipped and veterans could be taken MUCH better care of but Republicans always say it like they want to build more battlecruisers and dreadnoughts or some poo poo and divert funding for the actual important things to bullshit pork projects in their districts

to be fair, a lot of Democrats do this too. building nonsense military toys are about the only federal jobs program there is these days

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Homeless Friend posted:

Here's your basic gist. We spend a bit less than we did before but the decreases in spending have primarily gone to manpower and benefits, we still spend embarrassing amounts of money on contractors, hardware, and real estate/bases. This is primarily because a lot of those are statutory, when the Pentagon budget is decreased then the Pentagon decides where the cuts come foom and have to weigh different things they have control over. Congress doesn't touch Congressionally passed budget items like aircraft carrier orders.

If only Mitt had been elected so we could have saved our military with bayonets and dreadnought orders.

Though I'm personally in favor of giant frigin boats with giant frigin guns for the same reason I like Lamborghinis, because they're awesome

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 1, 2016

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

These stories about Hillary's money raising efforts make feel cool with not donating to her campaign.

I donated to Obama, I felt like he needed it. I don't think Hilldawg needs anything other than my vote.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Montasque posted:

This sure seems like Adult Swim's MDE's Sam Hyde's actual twitter. Dude is Alt-right as gently caress

https://twitter.com/Night_0f_Fire/status/771173942174162944
https://twitter.com/Night_0f_Fire/status/771176127851208708
https://twitter.com/Night_0f_Fire/status/771157635248844801

Also his show is called WORLD PEACE aka WP aka WHITE POWER.

Adult Swim has an Alt-Right show on the air and they most likely have no idea.

I was wondering why the show after Eric Andre wasn't funny at all. This explains everything.

zoux posted:

:whitewater: creepy....

"We only want to go after the strongest and most pure demographics. The master demographic, if you will."

zoux posted:

Yeah I have no idea what the point of it was

The pivot has evolved into manic flailing.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/771347288446820352

Maggie Haberman: See it is a softening. Whatever Trump says is true.

Given enough time Trump will always say the opposite of something he once said, so someone who uses something he said as evidence of his future policy is simultaneously both right and wrong, quantumly speaking, until he assumes the office of the presidency. Scientists refer to this phenomenon as Schrödinger's Trump.

JAMOOOL posted:

His actual speech blew it on all 5 of those counts and even still you can't give someone an A+ if even by your OWN ADMISSION it was only partially successful among people who don't support him already. Scott Adams is so far up Trump's rear end I'm surprised he can even type.

Dilbro: For the optimal linguistic killshot Trump needs to show people he isn't racist, crazy or scary.
Trump: ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY.
Dilbro: Bravo, sir. Simply masterful.

PostNouveau posted:

CNN chiron: "Trump softens, hardens, softens immigration stand"

So like the rape scene in Rosemary's Baby except America is Rosemary?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Montasque posted:

ahahahahahahahaha oh my god where are you looking?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

prefect posted:

Wasn't it from paychecks Bill got? Once you cash that, I don't think it counts as "tax dollars", because it's yours.

When I looked into it, it seemed more gray than I expected so I haven't been going out of my way to defend Bill on it.

This isn't some kind of pension that all presidents equally get, its some kind of program to preserve the dignity of ex-presidents who need money for something. You apply, tell the government what its for, and I don't know what the criteria is but they either say no or they say yes and cut the check. The problem here is that Bill Clinton apparently took out a LOT more money from this program than other ex-presidents have, even though he's giving 7-figure speeches. So, I'll wait for people smarter than me to figure it out and whether Bill was being reasonable or not. There's nothing illegal here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also on the theme of The Media is Garbage, the latest episode of Keepin it 1600 has Jessica Yellin throwing shade at everyone for being an editorial shambles, and about how things like the Roger Ailes situation happens

• Locked thread