Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

StashAugustine posted:

What order would you recommend taking the ascendencies in for this?

This is the new "what bandit rewards do I take?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

What order would you recommend taking the ascendencies in for this?

e: also MithridatesPontus needs an invite tyvm

Unstoppable->Undeniable->Unrelenting. Unstoppable is an obvious first f or me, it gives so much comfort/utility. I took Undeniable last when I played it and it was a mistake, the 1k accuracy makes poo poo a lot more comfortalbe in outdoor maps.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Noper Q posted:

Could I get an invite to the guild for NoperQ?

StashAugustine posted:

e: also MithridatesPontus needs an invite tyvm

zxqv8 posted:

hopefully get invited back to the guild as vaporgenie or whatever I end up making after it releases.

Done

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

TheRat posted:

Unstoppable->Undeniable->Unrelenting. Unstoppable is an obvious first f or me, it gives so much comfort/utility. I took Undeniable last when I played it and it was a mistake, the 1k accuracy makes poo poo a lot more comfortalbe in outdoor maps.

Thanks and thanks. Any other general leveling advice for that build? Is the frostwall still necessary?

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 1, 2016

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

YoungSexualNorton posted:

I like the spell too, because it's unusual. Unfortunately that also means that there's nothing available to take advantage of its unique mechanics. Knockback sort of works sometimes to get more hits in but that's about it. Apart from that and aoe I don't think there's anything else even interacts with it in a meaningful way.

Pyre + Consuming Darks?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Thanks and thanks. Any other general leveling advice for that build?

Yeah. Use your favorite levelling skill until you have this tree and a quill rain. It's really bad early on.

E: I dont think frostwall works anymore, but you'll have to check. If not, keep a conc effect + culling strike ready to swap in for inc aoe and gmp if you cant kill someone up against a wall. If you get decent money you can buy a second rearguard + 5link quillrain and just keep the single target setup in weapon swap.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

dis astranagant posted:

Pyre + Consuming Darks?

I tried that when CDs were still 50% a pop. Wasn't worth it - even had that unique talisman that gives all damage types.

GC is just...bad. I don't even know if giving it at 30% damage boost would do it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I will take an invite on Anhedonic, if we are doing invites.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

nice to see you in the actually good arpg

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
nwf cyberbullied me into this :(

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
This dumb thing will probably be my second character. Dual wielding Doryani's Catalysts using Wild Strike. Gem links would be Wild Strike, Phys to Lightning, Added Fire, Weapon Elemental Damage, Multistrike, Elemental Focus (not in that order). Fire Golem and Lightning Golem. Blasphemy Elemental Weakness and maybe Hatred? Flickerstrike/Leap Slam + Fortify. Grampa Totem too, probably. Edit: Grampa totem gives more melee damage, which Wild Strike doesn't benefit from fully for reasons. Totem will then either be Decoy Totem or Ancestral Protector depending on how it feels on the damage:squishiness spectrum.

Should be pretty fun, especially with Wild Strike getting an even higher base damage multiplier. I think it needs more defenses (200% hp is nice but EHP overall is still a bit low) but I haven't figured out where to wedge them in, yet.

Tykero fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 1, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Soothing Vapors posted:

nwf cyberbullied me into this :(

And he isn't in the guild himself

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

Vasudus posted:

I tried that when CDs were still 50% a pop. Wasn't worth it - even had that unique talisman that gives all damage types.

GC is just...bad. I don't even know if giving it at 30% damage boost would do it.

Glacial Cascade would be so much more functional if it was all Physical damage with a "60% of Physical Damage converted to Cold" modifier on it. I know that would kinda break the spell/attack design dichotomy but gosh it sure would make that skill suck a bit less!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

today is taking too long :mad:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I know exactly what you mean. I'm going to go insane for 21 more hours. Which is the amount of time left; they seem to think September 2nd begins at, like, 3:00 p.m. CST. NEW ZEALAND! :argh:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I need more time to test builds this speed of time is acceptable.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
wtb tomorrow.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
At least you jerks can actually play this week :argh:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Wow, so I was wasting my time playing ARK, right? I know, bad game and all but whatever, let's move past that for a moment. Well, they just rolled out a new patch for the game and guess what they made the piece of poo poo for me? Unplayable. Yeah, so PoE's new expansion couldn't come at a more perfect time, I guess, since the only other thing I was interested in playing any amount of is now crippled beyond belief. So that's awesome for me, now there's 21 hours to go until I can do something that doesn't involve suicidal ideation.

edit: Worse than ARK, I restarted my WoW sub. Loooool.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 2, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

whypick1 posted:

At least you jerks can actually play this week :argh:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

i was totally supposed to have tomorrow off BUT thanks to my coworker's incompetence, i get to do a bunch of poo poo to cover for him tomorrow

also there's a football game so traffic will be totally hosed and it'll take me like two hours to get home

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im gonna play from work :greenangel:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Constant flask uptime is good and you acclimatise quickly. I have been playing with my legacy surgeons on standard and it comes surprisingly easily.

Can you use AHK or something to press all four buttons with one keystroke? (Granted, I have a Logitech keyboard that I could macro all four also)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Is there an up-to-date skill tree builder that shows the total stats you've accumulated (how much increased life/damage/etc)?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

Is there an up-to-date skill tree builder that shows the total stats you've accumulated (how much increased life/damage/etc)?

The offline skill tree planner works just fine for this.

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Shinino Kage posted:

Can you use AHK or something to press all four buttons with one keystroke? (Granted, I have a Logitech keyboard that I could macro all four also)

That's almost definitely against the rules.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

StashAugustine posted:

http://poeplanner.com/

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shinino Kage posted:

Basic rule of thumb is one key press for one action. What you're asking for is one key press for four actions.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

tape a little stick over your 1-4 keys

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

:eyepop:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I really, really hate having to janitor things and after an hour pathfinder flasks were no big deal.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

done

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Okay, so I'm a broken record and dumb but I'm... hoping someone wouldn't mind coming up with a cool little build for me to play as. I might've mentioned in a previous post or cut myself off and closed the window in disgrace before posting it, either way, never made it to mapping or even deep into Merciless, like beyond act 2. So basically ANYTHING is welcomed as a suggestion. I've seen some ridiculous crap when people were running me through Labyrinths or helping with a boss, like a Flickerer just zip-zapping all through the Lab and some sort of trapper or miner busting Malachai the gently caress down in a few shots. I'm kinda un-creative, so doing the math of making a build on my own is a terrible hurdle that I'll just choke on. Maybe everyone just spew out their builds and I'll choose one of those to emulate?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

look through the class/builds section here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009
Any suggestions for a good bladefall trap build? Is that even smart to start the season with or should i wait till i get currency?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Awesome! posted:

look through the class/builds section here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum

Hey, fair enough. I could probably just draw something from there at random and be pretty well off. Thanks!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tom Steele posted:

Any suggestions for a good bladefall trap build? Is that even smart to start the season with or should i wait till i get currency?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1576332 this guy seems to know what he's doing.

quote:

Pretty much anyone should be able to afford Deerstalker and 4 coated shrapnel jewels by the time they hit like lvl 65 and start farming dried lake

This turns your Deerstalker into pseudo 6 link and can carry you up to red maps easily

Farm dried lake t1-3 maps as lovely life/hybrid build with 3-3,5kk life, try not to spend more than a chaos or two on life based pieces of gear as you won't be using them for long, if you're on SC its better to eat a death here and there than to waste money on something you'll be using for few levels, as long as you're not dying a lot and unable to level fast

Apoplexy posted:

Okay, so I'm a broken record and dumb but I'm... hoping someone wouldn't mind coming up with a cool little build for me to play as. I might've mentioned in a previous post or cut myself off and closed the window in disgrace before posting it, either way, never made it to mapping or even deep into Merciless, like beyond act 2. So basically ANYTHING is welcomed as a suggestion. I've seen some ridiculous crap when people were running me through Labyrinths or helping with a boss, like a Flickerer just zip-zapping all through the Lab and some sort of trapper or miner busting Malachai the gently caress down in a few shots. I'm kinda un-creative, so doing the math of making a build on my own is a terrible hurdle that I'll just choke on. Maybe everyone just spew out their builds and I'll choose one of those to emulate?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989 - If you like bows, you cant really go wrong with neversinks guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702947 - Excellent flame totem guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1510181 - Righteous Fire totems!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1707400 - Angry skulls! (SRS)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1696139 - Tanky bow marauder

These should all be fairly easy to run in a fresh league.

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009
Thanks rat this looks great. Anyone planning on running from launch and want to group?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Vasudus posted:

I spent two hours in the offline builder last night and I still have no idea what I want to make.

It's that time of year.

One of these days I'm going to get around to actually making a random generator for POE for Ultimate Hardcore, Have it gen a class, ascendancy, a primary skill gem, not sure what else. Maybe some keystone skills on the tree or a weapon type.

• Locked thread