Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

HIJK posted:

Anyway this has nothing to do with anything but I'm a semi-regular poster in this thread now and it's important to own up to your mistakes. Everyone can go back to their regularly scheduled programming.

It is??? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is Civil War II like Civil War I in the sense that the tie-ins are going out of their way to make one side look worse, but the main title looks more neutral about it? (I've not been following CWII.)

na, the main title isn't neutral about it either. Captain Marvel is a obstinate idiot villain who shows no remorse for any of her actions in everything but her own book.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You were right. Comics shouldn't inspire outrage, cause that then inspires Frank Cho.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Between Sex Criminals and Howard The Duck, Zdarsky sure loves slamming the brakes on a story to focus on himself. He's funny, so I enjoy the cheat so far, but he'd better close up shop in a fantastic way.

(Fraction's portion of it in SexCrimz... not so much)

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is Civil War II like Civil War I in the sense that the tie-ins are going out of their way to make one side look worse, but the main title looks more neutral about it? (I've not been following CWII.)

Earlier it was kinda like that, where every book but Captain Marvel and CWII was taking it as gospel that Carol was going full Minority Report while her solo series and CWII were stressing that she's just using Ulysses for giant world ending threats, not arresting random folks for future crime.

But now CWII is acknowledging that Captain Marvel is totally arresting random folks for future crimes so it's just her solo series where she's randomly not a colossal idiot.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Lurdiak posted:

It is??? :ohdear:

Don't worry, nobody is expecting you to admit you're wrong about Hickman. We know there will never be a grand moment of revelation for you, just continued years of stubbornness.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

PaybackJack posted:

Don't worry, nobody is expecting you to admit you're wrong about Hickman. We know there will never be a grand moment of revelation for you, just continued years of stubbornness.

One day you will see the light and despair.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
One day Lurdiak will be driven to complain about ingroups and cliques in the CineD chat thread. Thus the cycle will complete.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Don't hold your breath on that one.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Wheat Loaf posted:

In the newest issue of the main cw2 book Carol brings the ultimates along to arrest a woman Ulysses says has a bomb but it's really just an empty briefcase. She still detains the woman and when other members of the group tell her to let the woman go Carol tells them to gently caress off and orders shield to find evidence to keep the woman locked up.

Mr Hootington posted:

Civil war 2 will roll into the global initiative which will roll into secret invasion 2: We warned you about Badoons which will roll into dark rule

What in saying is everything after civil war 2 will show how bad carol and co hosed everything up and how stupid they are.

lol zdarsky said this exact thing is the choosing sides short

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm reading through Dark Reign right now and for the most part all of it has been good. Until I meet Zodiac and his mini. What a piece of poo poo character. Marvel was really hoping for a try hard, edgelord supreme, joker knockoff with that useless character. The art was rear end too.

site posted:

lol zdarsky said this exact thing is the choosing sides short

Which issue of which book?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mr Hootington posted:

Which issue of which book?

Sorry i got it confused with this week's guardians book (issue 11), it's early

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

DrProsek posted:

Earlier it was kinda like that, where every book but Captain Marvel and CWII was taking it as gospel that Carol was going full Minority Report while her solo series and CWII were stressing that she's just using Ulysses for giant world ending threats, not arresting random folks for future crime.

But now CWII is acknowledging that Captain Marvel is totally arresting random folks for future crimes so it's just her solo series where she's randomly not a colossal idiot.

Well, I suppose that's one way to make both sides of CW2 have equally appealing arguments after having Tony throw a hissy fit and commit war crimes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm glad Hyperion is finally over after getting stuck with the absolute dumbest story ever to use as an introductory arc

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

I'm glad Hyperion is finally over after getting stuck with the absolute dumbest story ever to use as an introductory arc

Maybe don't continue to read books you don't like? That's a waste of money. I on the other hand really enjoyed that book and will miss it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

X-O posted:

Maybe don't continue to read books you don't like? That's a waste of money. I on the other hand really enjoyed that book and will miss it.

I liked Hyperion but it was a pretty WTF story to open with, and the premise was really weird too.

"Hyperion, you just died fighting the beyonders with Thor, were resurrected, beheaded Namor, what are you going to do now?"
"Drive a semi-truck around America."

I get that Marvel was going for diversity and all but is there like a contingent of loyal Marvel reading truck drivers of America out there?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

PaybackJack posted:

I liked Hyperion but it was a pretty WTF story to open with, and the premise was really weird too.

"Hyperion, you just died fighting the beyonders with Thor, were resurrected, beheaded Namor, what are you going to do now?"
"Drive a semi-truck around America."

I get that Marvel was going for diversity and all but is there like a contingent of loyal Marvel reading truck drivers of America out there?

And the baddies for the god-tier entity's solo debut were evil carnies

X-O posted:

I want to see Hyperion stories though :(

site fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 1, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

site posted:

And the baddies for the god-tier entity's solo debut were evil carnies

I want to see Hyperion stories though :(

Wait... was Hyperion basically a stealth US-1/Ace book?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MU is Monsters Unleashed. No details yet on what that really is though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-O posted:

MU is Monsters Unleashed. No details yet on what that really is though.

I thought DC was making Scooby-Doo comics, why is Marvel coming out with the comic adaptation of Scooby-Doo 2?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

I thought DC was making Scooby-Doo comics, why is Marvel coming out with the comic adaptation of Scooby-Doo 2?

Marvel had that name way before Scooby Doo stole it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, I just googled and it sounds interesting. A modern anthology series in that vein could be cool.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I woulda figured howling commandos flopping would've put the kibosh on monsters for a while

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Apparently the whole X-Men/Inhumans event is a trilogy of stories.

Part 1: Death of X
Part 2: Inhumans vs X-Men
Part 3: Inhumans/X-Men: ResurrXion

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

X-O posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

IvX: The Return of Xander Cage

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That last title sounds like the kind of name somebody would come up with to mock this whole thing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Xavier is going to come back and fix everything that Cyclops and Beast messed up.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

site posted:

I woulda figured howling commandos flopping would've put the kibosh on monsters for a while

It's not like Marvel particularly cares how well their books are doing anymore. They've been keeping books around that would have been cancelled for numbers like that years ago. They already know their bread is buttered with the movies and the comics division is more an experiment for the next movie property or storyline. Like... I just don't think they really give a poo poo if they do bad with the comics anymore.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Onmi posted:

It's not like Marvel particularly cares how well their books are doing anymore.

They've been cancelling ANAD comics with plenty of aplomb.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 2, 2016

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Must be a happy accident that almost all their books are good. Besides Civil War 2, you don't see people complaining about how bad a book is.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

X-O posted:

As long as this is Scott and not Charles I'm good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

We've got a good Scott right now. Let the old one lovely one die.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Inhumans/X-Men: X vs. Sever
Inhumans/X-Men: X Machine
Inhumans/X-Men: X Gonna Give It To Ya

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I love Inhumans and all, read both of their comics, but I think Marv have a really poor read of what people want to see ATM.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Inhumans/X-Men: X Gonna Give It To Ya

Huh, the comic adaptation of the Deadpool movie went in a very different direction

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

X-O posted:

We've got a good Scott right now. Let the old one lovely one die.

I thought Lang was already dead?

Also young Cyclops suuuuucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Huh. Part 3: Inhumans/X-Men: ResurrXion. So that's either Xavier or Wolverine.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

CharlestheHammer posted:

I thought Lang was already dead?

Also young Cyclops suuuuucks.

No, he's in jail, not dead.

E:

Rhyno posted:

Huh. Part 3: Inhumans/X-Men: ResurrXion. So that's either Xavier or Wolverine.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Actually, it's Resurroion

• Locked thread