Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

quote:

I'm a huge bitch baby that has zero self-confidence. Basically when anybody online trashes something I like I start to get really insecure about liking it. Instead of being able to dismiss the opinions of faceless people their hurtful words seem to carry enormous weight to my decisions, and of course the way people act on the Internet doesn't translate well to real life, so it makes me into this really dysfunctional weirdo that seems to put more stock in the opinions of trolls on messageboards rather than real life people.

I've broken up with people after sharing something they did/reading somebody's ex doing the same thing when people would say stuff like "oh I'd kill myself before putting up with that". I've abandoned hobbies had embraced for years because some rear end in a top hat on some board said it was for losers.

There's a part of me that tries to convince myself that these opinions aren't relevant to my own life and shouldn't matter, but for some stupid reason they carry so much weight. It takes so much time and effort for me to feel good about the smallest most mundane thing, but one shitpost to tear it down I don't know why I seem so addicted to opinions that make me feel so lovely.

Winners get therapy. Losers don't get therapy. You aren't a loser are you?

p.s. get therapy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SneakyFrog posted:

get your dummy dog a thundershirt or just tie up a tshirt all nice and snug on em you weirdo.

He has a thundershirt.

It stops the whining but not the panting, pacing, and trying to jam himself between the bed and the nightstand.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Cthulu Carl posted:

He has a thundershirt.

It stops the whining but not the panting, pacing, and trying to jam himself between the bed and the nightstand.

fair enough, my big dumb hippodog is the same way, usually its the whining that gets to me, i can zone out the rest of it usually.

forbidden dialectics
Jul 26, 2005

I've been calling my dog a "lil pissbitch" for weeks now. Thanks, thread.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

tactlessbastard posted:

Poor dog, hell. That stupid thing is happier than a pig in poo poo.

Yeah LOL I was gonna say, I don't think it's the dog that's missing out in this scenario.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Please kill the yappy creature people mistakenly keep calling a dog because such things are not meant for this world.

don't actually murder the thing but gently caress those animals and people like your sis for owning the useless fucks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GBS goons are the only group of people on Earth willing to come out as anti-dog

GBS hates everything

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

loquacius posted:

GBS hates everything

but.. I post in gbs :smithfrog:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I like dogs that are actually dog size & shape not poor overbred useless footballs that bark :colbert:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBFaF42HSYk

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

H.H posted:

its a Pomeranian and chihuahua cross

otoh is it really a dog?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

loquacius posted:

GBS hates everything

It's a natural pendulum swing from the days of Morally Inept.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Chihuahuas were actually bred as working dogs, so they're cool so long as they are raised properly as all dogs should be. They're made for killing rats, which is more metal than whatever you goons do for a living. Pommeranians can eat a chode though.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My sister and my cousin both have chihuahuas for some reason. My cousin's chihuahua is kind of mean and ornery and barks a lot and generally has the doggy Napoleon complex that a lot of tiny dogs have, but my sister's chihuahua is basically a little old lady in dog form and is super chill and rules.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

loquacius posted:

My sister and my cousin both have chihuahuas for some reason. My cousin's chihuahua is kind of mean and ornery and barks a lot and generally has the doggy Napoleon complex that a lot of tiny dogs have, but my sister's chihuahua is basically a little old lady in dog form and is super chill and rules.

the little one at the house is a shiba/taco dog mix.. she is about the most spoiled little thing at the house. cant just lay on the ground, has to be on a pillow or elevated in some way above the lesser dogs

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you put adderrall into a dog it becomes insanely smart

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Get the dog to start smoking weed and playing video games and your sister will get rid of it herself

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
If a specific dog breed is supposed to be "smart" how does an owner go and gently caress that up? I have been told shiba inus are supposed to be "smart" dogs. But my roommates shiba lays in front of my bathroom door every night and in the morning I have to nudge her out of the way and she plops down somewhere else to sleep. If she was a "smart" dog wouldn't she realize that sleeping in front of that door just means she has to get up and move at the same time every day?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

gigawhite posted:

Get the dog to start smoking weed and playing video games and your sister will get rid of it herself

If she turned a dog into what he described then she is probably dumb enough to tolerate a guy like that.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Holyshoot posted:

If a specific dog breed is supposed to be "smart" how does an owner go and gently caress that up? I have been told shiba inus are supposed to be "smart" dogs. But my roommates shiba lays in front of my bathroom door every night and in the morning I have to nudge her out of the way and she plops down somewhere else to sleep. If she was a "smart" dog wouldn't she realize that sleeping in front of that door just means she has to get up and move at the same time every day?

tell that to my dumb hound dog who continues to sleep right behind the front door and get smacked with it when I come inside almost every time.. allegedy this one is supposed to be smart, and yes he is good at finding new innovative ways to open trash cans when he isnt getting concussed by the front door.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

gigawhite posted:

Even if she doesn't, the dog at this point will be an ideal roommate

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

loquacius posted:

Even if she doesn't, the dog at this point will be an ideal roommate

weed costs money, that dog needs a job too

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SneakyFrog posted:

tell that to my dumb hound dog who continues to sleep right behind the front door and get smacked with it when I come inside almost every time.. allegedy this one is supposed to be smart, and yes he is good at finding new innovative ways to open trash cans when he isnt getting concussed by the front door.

What's even funnier is his pitbull/boxer mix appears way smarter. She has learned that any time she is asked to go in the kitchen when it's not feeding time means her ears are going to be cleaned which she does not like. This results in her hiding under my desk making it very hard to get her out. The shiba would probably happily walk in none the wiser.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Holyshoot posted:

What's even funnier is his pitbull/boxer mix appears way smarter. She has learned that any time she is asked to go in the kitchen when it's not feeding time means her ears are going to be cleaned which she does not like. This results in her hiding under my desk making it very hard to get her out. The shiba would probably happily walk in none the wiser.

for a second I was like "wow goon stop stalkering my webcam" but the pibbul mix here is a bulldog

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SneakyFrog posted:

weed costs money, that dog needs a job too

Better hope it's a working breed then. If its a big dog then I'm assuming it is. Are there nonwork big dog breeds? They're usually some sort of hunting/work breeds right?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

LethalGeek posted:

Please kill the yappy creature people mistakenly keep calling a dog because such things are not meant for this world.

don't actually murder the thing but gently caress those animals and people like your sis for owning the useless fucks

A good post.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

KomodoWagon posted:

Chihuahuas were actually bred as working dogs, so they're cool so long as they are raised properly as all dogs should be. They're made for killing rats, which is more metal than whatever you goons do for a living. Pommeranians can eat a chode though.

so chihuahuas are the charlie kelly of dogs

hmmm agreed

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
get a load of that dog

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

KomodoWagon posted:

Pomeranians were bigger (and presumably less annoying) back in the 18th century.

The reason they're small today is because Queen Victoria had a smaller (12 pound) Pomeranian and so breeders began selectively breeding for smaller Poms.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

KomodoWagon posted:

So were rat terriers, but they aren't tiny shivering mutants with bad hearts.

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002

Holyshoot posted:

Dogs seems to get aroused from a human stepping over them. Start telling people to stop stepping over the dog in order to get into the bathroom.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

quote:

im another one of those lurkers. I lurked and dealt with the paywall up until Fingat. made an account. then promptly forgot the password that was tied to a throwaway email.

Before that, and recently I basically lurked PYF. For pictures and other random poo poo. But now my work's network has blocked imgur. If you can't hit up IMGUR, really, the whole forums are kind of poo poo.

I have to get entertainment from stupid/smart folks arguing with arguably stupid/smart people.

one of these days, i guess.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
so one day your sister comes home and it's quiet and she's like, "Hey, have you seen the dog?" and you just say "What dog?"

stick to the story 100% and she'll think she's the crazy one

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ferg.awfulapp&hl=en

You're welcome.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

pro-click, the app is really good

smasha2000
Aug 13, 2012

Putty posted:

2006 guy if you post your first post in this thread within 24 hours i will give you an avatar

Am i too late ?

smasha2000 fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 2, 2016

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

smasha2000 posted:

Am i too late ?

Thread delivers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
has anyone suggested murdering the sister instead of the dog yet? do that

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jose posted:

has anyone suggested murdering the sister instead of the dog yet? do that

I'm still wondering why he can't just move out without bringing the sister and dog along with him. You know, like normal people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Enjoying New Apartment w/ NOT His Sister + Dog

• Locked thread