Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

crazy cloud posted:

It's actually just called "being in any age 35+ demographic"

just have the courtesy to die already you old pieces of gently caress

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Don't worry you can be deported.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:barf:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/771705782048088065

For being a Hitler, Trump is really losing in the war criminal endorsement primary. I think he's only got Cheney so far.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Montasque posted:

For being a Hitler, Trump is really losing in the war criminal endorsement primary. I think he's only got Cheney so far.

Allen West hasn't endorsed yet?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Real war criminals have respect for the craft, Trump is just boorish.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

trump is so terrible he can't even get other terrible people to endorse him

Kissinger literally wanted to be friends with the Khmer Rouge and bragged about how easy it was to do illegal things as long as they weren't explicitly unconstitutional

trump literally cant even lock down the "should be in prison for crimes against humanity" demo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Inciting crowds to racially charged violence? yawn so unoriginal

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Good morning thread.

As a reminder, Trump has 3 days to turn this around.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/771485314326097920

I've noticed something since yesterday... Establishment Republicans are now warming to Trump, or in the very least, ignoring him and focusing on Clinton.

Exceptions: Romney and Jeb world.

E: I suggest everyone tune into CNN in the next minute - Trump's Doctor will have a special 1 on 1 from what looks like a basement hallway.

That's not my sense, from various commercials and strategists like Joe Heck's in NV and even Burr in NC (who spoke for Trump once, never to do so again I think). Maybe in the House, but my sense is that candidates are still trying to leave a lot of room between themselves and the presidential campaign, some of them very successfully (Portman in PA).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

Real war criminals have respect for the craft, Trump is just boorish.

I know you are joking, but you probably aren't super far off. Trump would out and out say the terrible poo poo that the US does, which isn't good when you want to do terrible poo poo.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

magiccarpet posted:

Good morning thread.

Nah, that's just when he's going to get started!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

magiccarpet posted:

Good morning thread.

Heck, give him a minute

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Dr Dracula posted:

they're saying that an unchanged unemployment rate equals stagnancy, how it that hard to comprehend?

The unemployment rate being around 4-5% is a sign of a stable economy, though?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Equeen posted:

Oh no, you've engaged with a Trump supporter in good faith.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

thrawn527 posted:

Same with Clinton :getin:

Reince said the polls are going to be tied at labor day. They're not. A lot of people saw it as a threat to Trump: Right the ship, or we're dropping support to focus downballot

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

crazy cloud posted:

reminder that Hillary gets criticized for wearing awkward looking clothing but it's awkward looking because she has to wear a bulletproof vest at all times because an orange treason goblin keeps whooping his horde of red-necked fascists into a bloodfrenzy

Its to hide her diapers

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Equeen posted:

Trump thinks the unemployment rate is 42% so I'm assuming they just ignore that part of the report

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
What do we say to the pivot little Don?
Not today.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

iospace posted:

Same with Clinton :getin:

Reince said the polls are going to be tied at labor day. They're not. A lot of people saw it as a threat to Trump: Right the ship, or we're dropping support to focus downballot

They've tried this multiple times but whenever they do Trump goes nuts and puts them back on damage control.

Donald Trump is the most powerful self-own imaginable.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Don't worry sir tonk you're one of the good ones. You know, there's two kinds of over-35:

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

thrawn527 posted:

Reince promised he'd be tied in the polls, at least.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/771707251228893184

One such article published during Pence's tenure reads: "Homosexuals are not as a group able-bodied. They are known to carry extremely high rates of disease brought on because of the nature of their sexual practices and the promiscuity which is a hallmark of their lifestyle."

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/771699583361617920

I don't envy them...

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Eonwe posted:

trump is so terrible he can't even get other terrible people to endorse him

Kissinger literally wanted to be friends with the Khmer Rouge and bragged about how easy it was to do illegal things as long as they weren't explicitly unconstitutional

trump literally cant even lock down the "should be in prison for crimes against humanity" demo

uh oh charlie pierce might have to take a break from retweeting a bunch of random dumb poo poo about boston and ireland to huffily withdraw his endorsement of her

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer

Equeen posted:

Typically voters would like to see the unemployment rate go down. If you were running the Trump (or any other opposition) campaign wouldn't you say the same thing?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vile posted:

Megan wants to gently caress Donald

Yes but, not in the way you think.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

radical meme posted:

Yes but, not in the way you think.

Trump 2016: We All Want To gently caress Donald, Not That Way

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Getting the second or third debate is a pretty sweet gig if you still get paid when it's cancelled

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

crazy cloud posted:

It's actually just called "being in any age 35+ demographic"

just have the courtesy to die already you old pieces of gently caress

:flipoff:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Equeen posted:

It's not bad but it can also mask those who have stopped looking for work as they are cycled out of the employment figures. That being said I can't recall an election where people cared about the economy less. The candidates are talking about jobs and all that stuff but it's all wrapped around the existential fear of a Trump presidency.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/771707251228893184

One such article published during Pence's tenure reads: "Homosexuals are not as a group able-bodied. They are known to carry extremely high rates of disease brought on because of the nature of their sexual practices and the promiscuity which is a hallmark of their lifestyle."

I honestly don't get why they haven't tried Palin'ing Pence. He's about as backwards as she is, just without the stupidity in front of a microphone. Trump would be the oldest president ever if he's somehow elected.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dr Dracula posted:

Typically voters would like to see the unemployment rate go down. If you were running the Trump (or any other opposition) campaign wouldn't you say the same thing?

No because I know the full employment rate is between 4-6%. Oh, right, you mean if I was an uneducated moron Trump voter, yeah I see why idiots would think that.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I love election-year politicizing of unemployment numbers.

Rate goes down? People are leaving the workforce - economy is in shambles!
Rate stays steady? Stagnant market - economy is in shambles!
Rate goes up? People are going out of work - economy is in shambles!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

iospace posted:

I honestly don't get why they haven't tried Palin'ing Pence. He's about as backwards as she is, just without the stupidity in front of a microphone. Trump would be the oldest president ever if he's somehow elected.

That's why

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Dr Dracula posted:

https://twitter.com/jack_welch/status/254198154260525057

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zoux posted:

No because I know the full employment rate is between 4-6%. Oh, right, you mean if I was an uneducated moron Trump voter, yeah I see why idiots would think that.

Honestly, I don't think that that's well known outside of politicians and economists. I didn't know that, but I knew that 5% is good and definitely better than November 2008.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tom Tucker posted:

I love election-year politicizing of unemployment numbers.

Rate goes down? People are leaving the workforce - economy is in shambles!
Rate stays steady? Stagnant market - economy is in shambles!
Rate goes up? People are going out of work - economy is in shambles!

I guess it's a step up from the previous "not knowing what an economy is", but only just.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

iospace posted:

Honestly, I don't think that that's well known outside of politicians and economists. I didn't know that, but I knew that 5% is good and definitely better than November 2008.

Please don't undermine me insulting trump posters.

https://twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/771711509466456064

• Locked thread