Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

zoux posted:

Like, after that NY Magazine article today, the entire press corps should be all over the Trump campaign about if/why/how long Ailes is a campaign adviser, they should be camped out at this Bedminster golf club where these advisory sessions go on to get pictures of Ailes going in and out, but the press seems to be content to let them simply deny what's happening

I'm sorry but, in case you haven't heard, Clinton might have done something at some point!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Zombie Samurai posted:

If you didn't have time to crunch the numbers on yesterday's biggest headline, don't worry. The Washington Post has you covered.

The national economic implications of a taco truck on every corner

frankly I don't think we can afford not to have a taco truck on every corner. do we really want to allow a taco gap?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think part of it is also they're baffled because Trump isn't playing by the rules, there's a dance to these things and they're not used to straight up blatant lies as spin and can't cope with the sheer gaffe volume they're dealing with. In 2012 they had to write explainers about why something Romney said could be construed as a gaffe, here they need explainer-length articles to recount the gently caress ups of a single day.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

botany posted:

surely that can't be legal, right? can you literally sign away your rights to criticize somebody for as long as you live? :stare:

There's no way its legal but since Trump likes using lawsuits to harass people and bankrupt them in court fees it doesn't really need to be.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

zoux posted:

Like, after that NY Magazine article today, the entire press corps should be all over the Trump campaign about if/why/how long Ailes is a campaign adviser, they should be camped out at this Bedminster golf club where these advisory sessions go on to get pictures of Ailes going in and out, but the press seems to be content to let them simply deny what's happening

I'm curious, has Trump been trying to go on about how great he'll be for women? Because after all that horrible poo poo about what it was like for women at Fox News came out in the lawsuits...

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Ugh Chris Wallace. There are worse people, but probably no one as punchable.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nucleic Acids posted:

I'm curious, has Trump been trying to go on about how great he'll be for women? Because after all that horrible poo poo about what it was like for women at Fox News came out in the lawsuits...

It's widely believed that putting Kellyanne Conway at the front of his campaign and his two-week "moderation" on immigration were an attempt to soften his image with suburban white college educated women. I'm sure he's said some bullshit about being the best for women or women loving him in the course of his campaign.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Feldegast42 posted:

There's no way its legal but since Trump likes using lawsuits to harass people and bankrupt them in court fees it doesn't really need to be.

I can't see any judge anywhere ever looking at this and going "hmm seems legit" so you could probably sue for damages afterwards? v:shobon:v

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Paul MaudDib posted:

frankly I don't think we can afford not to have a taco truck on every corner. do we really want to allow a taco gap?

No we shouldn't allow a taco gap because I want to be able to pick up a couple lengua tacos for lunch with more convenience.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zoux posted:

It's widely believed that putting Kellyanne Conway at the front of his campaign and his two-week "moderation" on immigration were an attempt to soften his image with suburban white college educated women. I'm sure he's said some bullshit about being the best for women or women loving him in the course of his campaign.

He brought out those "angel moms" at the Arizona speech, that was probably his idea of reaching out towards women.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

"Bitches love the Donald" is, I believe, a direct quote

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
so nobody wants to talk about the time garrison keillor got caught in the back of a car with a 16 year old and settled out of court? dude's a creepshow

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Did anyone get their Soros' check yet? I need to cash that poo poo before this tropical storm hits so I can get some booze.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Chris Wallace gets to ruin Trump again in the final debate? Fully sick

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ComradeCosmobot posted:

So it turns out that if you've ever clicked through that "Non Disclosure Agreement" so you can volunteer for Trump, you've agreed to never say a bad word about Trump, any member of his family, his businesses or his family's businesses for the rest of your life.

Don't these kinds of agreements usually get thrown out of court if they do get taken to that stage?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Luna Was Here posted:

Don't these kinds of agreements usually get thrown out of court if they do get taken to that stage?

Nah, they get taken to non binding arbitration which is good because __________________.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Phone posted:

Did anyone get their Soros' check yet? I need to cash that poo poo before this tropical storm hits so I can get some booze.

If you call the hotline, Tim Kaine does a prayer to Jesus for you and the money appears instantly.

But you may not be high enough level in the Hillarycircle to have access.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Popular Thug Drink posted:

so nobody wants to talk about the time garrison keillor got caught in the back of a car with a 16 year old and settled out of court? dude's a creepshow

http://www.npr.org/2013/09/28/225380984/news-from-lake-wobegon-garrison-keillor-has-a-new-book-of-poetry

quote:

The Front Seat

I fell in love in the front seat of a '56 Ford
At a drive-in movie, sliding over toward
A girl in shorts and necking a little
on a bench seat, no gearshift in the middle.

She was young and eager — it didn't take much
To slip her in gear and let out the clutch
But the beautiful bench where we performed our feats
Has been replaced by two bucket seats

And a brake lever, gearshift, and armrest
Between me and the girl I love best,
Which is sensible and safer, perhaps,
Two people restrained by safety straps,

But if safety were all that people thought of
Then who would ever fall in love?

It's even worse listening to him read it...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Phone posted:

Nah, they get taken to non binding arbitration which is good because __________________.

It protects stockholder value.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!

Luna Was Here posted:

Courts cost money. Donald Trump (allegedly) has more money than You. A rich person can look you in appeals and retrials and legalese bullshit to drive you into bankruptcy if they so choose, and The Donald likes to do that with blatantly illegal things to force people to settle out of court.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

You can't just drop that poo poo without at least a link, c'mon son.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

zoux posted:

I think part of it is also they're baffled because Trump isn't playing by the rules, there's a dance to these things and they're not used to straight up blatant lies as spin and can't cope with the sheer gaffe volume they're dealing with. In 2012 they had to write explainers about why something Romney said could be construed as a gaffe, here they need explainer-length articles to recount the gently caress ups of a single day.

That's definitely true. Russia has also figured out this: turns out if you have a certain amount of stature you can pretty much blatantly, repeatedly and implausibly lie and 99% of Western Media will still repeat it at the very least for balance, and be extremely vary of calling out the BS in official news reports.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Phone posted:

Actually the form says that any Trumpling is allowed to submit their contract dispute to binding arbitration if they so choose.

And then they can sue you anyway if they aren't happy with the result.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Can someone give a primer on the debate mods? I don't really get the "excitement" over them or if I should be arzying or anti;-arzying .

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

OK I couldn't find this at all, you're gonna have to back it up

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

PhazonLink posted:

Can someone give a primer on the debate mods? I don't really get the "excitement" over them or if I should be arzying or anti;-arzying .

Freep says they're liberal poo poo lords so you're good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

So with all this "The lead is closing! :derp:" talk, anybody pointing out that Trump's not really picking up any votes for himself?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Anderson Cooper is gonna be the debate mod for the VP debates, right? If so holy poo poo

EDIT: ah right it's Elaine Quijano. Who is she? I dunno much about her

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 2, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

professor_curly posted:

Courts cost money. Donald Trump (allegedly) has more money than You. A rich person can look you in appeals and retrials and legalese bullshit to drive you into bankruptcy if they so choose, and The Donald likes to do that with blatantly illegal things to force people to settle out of court.

Trump's MO is basically: don't pay someone - get sued - drag out the court case until that person cannot afford to contest it

"But wouldn't just paying the person ultimately be way cheaper" you might ask. Well there's a reason Trump isn't actually that rich.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SSNeoman posted:

Anderson Cooper is gonna be the debate mod for the VP debates, right? If so holy poo poo

No?

https://twitter.com/RandyLudlow/status/771740315204157440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
:ughh:

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 2, 2016

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Zombie Samurai posted:

If you didn't have time to crunch the numbers on yesterday's biggest headline, don't worry. The Washington Post has you covered.

I'm down with this, especially if some of them are Korean fusion taco trucks

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

Drudge was immediately desperately reaching for any kind of bias claim, so I'd say that's a fantastic sign.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember they lost their poo poo at biased Candy Crowley for correcting a blatant lie from Romney at the town hall debate.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

gently caress! How do they crowd control that many people at once? It's like a Bitcoin convention.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Easy mistake to make.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Zombie Samurai posted:

I had assumed that our newly-ubiquitous fleet of taco trucks would obviously have to be subsidized and would therefore be both a jobs program and an anti-hunger program for those in need as well as being delicious and convenient for those not necessarily in need.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SSNeoman posted:

Easy mistake to make.

The Pull of Harambe

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo what a mess

When are the debates?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

Holy poo poo what a mess

When are the debates?

Oh she doesn't have a chance in hell of making the debates. Even facing a candidate that progressives loving hate she can't draw more than Harambe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
You could make an argument that only allowing planes to leave Ohio would be a net benefit for humanity. Stein was halfway there.

• Locked thread