Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Full write up ofnthe NX from Emily Rogers via GameXplain

https://youtu.be/3T4OxmQkSj0

Oh no, are they teaming up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol if the system is yet again loving 32 gigs of space, just loving lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can you really call a youtube a write-up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Full write up ofnthe NX from Emily Rogers via GameXplain

https://youtu.be/3T4OxmQkSj0

i love gamexplain

where's the hosed up voice simulator Nintendo?

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

it's a guy reading you a write up you can just click on in the description

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

FactsAreUseless posted:

Zelda series has the most missteps of a mainline Nintendo franchise: they're the most complex and have the most different parts and pieces.

The perfect game of the Zelda series is Link's awakening.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Super No Vacancy posted:

why do we park in the driveway

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

InFlames235 posted:

Hopefully that video is wrong about the battery life. A mobile console should be able to at least get 5 hours of battery life IMO and if this thing is around the 3 hour mark or whatever would be considered "pretty bad" that's gonna suck. Also, always figured it'd be below the PS4 in power but was hoping for it to be similar to the Xbox One in power so we'll see how that ends up shaking out.

I think what Emily and this video are forgetting is they are getting leaks about the dev kits, which they and other sources are saying are running on some kind of overclocked Tegra X1 using active cooling. The final unit is not going to be using active cooling or overclocking its GPU.

Other features they are hearing about the dev kit like a separate TV out port(not part of the dock) are also unlikely to be in the product unit. The 3DS dev kits also have tv out.

And Rogers and LPVG also keep reporting conflicting numbers for basic dimensions. Uh, hello, these are all dev kits, probably different generations of dev kits, and probably not any of them exactly accurate to final product.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

For screenshots

OK, yeah, but why would you add sharing screenshots and videos but remove voice chat and camera? That's one step forward, three steps back

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They almost never had voice chat and the camera was always a useless boondoggle. Who knows though, if they want voice chat they can throw in a cheap headset(they don't want voice chat)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If it'll use flash storage like the Wii U, but with a different architecture since it's not gonna be backwards compatible at all, can we reasonably expect 256gb of internal? It'd still kinda suck but it'd be usable.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
All they need to do is a friends only VoIP on the system level that can run while playing games. No one wants to talk to randos anyway, and it's a hassle to run Skype or whatever through my phone.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Nintendo PleaseN UnderstandX

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Maybe the mic is in the dock like that dumb peripheral they sold with Animal Crossing City Folk

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

ErichZahn posted:

I'm reasonably sure there was some hosed up intra-Japanese classism/racism going on there.

Can you elaborate on this?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

NX stands for "Newell Xperience", it's the codename for the newest Steambox. Nintendo went full on PC development. Expect all the Dota kids to be throwing slurs via voice chat when playing Splatoon 2.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

People been talking all this time about NX... NX what? NXSF? NXMK? NXSNK? Or are you gonna tell me that Nintendo characters are going to fight Tekken characters? Nintendo cross Tekken would be stupid!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Stan Taylor posted:

All they need to do is a friends only VoIP on the system level that can run while playing games. No one wants to talk to randos anyway, and it's a hassle to run Skype or whatever through my phone.

Dunno why you'd expect a feature like this when Nintendo has very consistently encouraged you to go and and spend time with your friends in person for the last 20+ years. Literally yesterday they announced a version of Mario Maker that requires you to be standing next to someone in order to share a level with them.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Haha rumors say 32 gig internal storage only, if that's the case Nintendo please don't even bother launching this thing after the WiiU storage debacle people had to go through.

Unless the dock has extra memory then maybe it's forgivable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pokken is nintendoxtekken

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Al-Saqr posted:

Haha rumors say 32 gig internal storage only, if that's the case Nintendo please don't even bother launching this thing after the WiiU storage debacle people had to go through.

Unless the dock has extra memory then maybe it's forgivable.

the WiiU storage debacle

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Red Bones posted:

Dunno why you'd expect a feature like this when Nintendo has very consistently encouraged you to go and and spend time with your friends in person for the last 20+ years. Literally yesterday they announced a version of Mario Maker that requires you to be standing next to someone in order to share a level with them.

You can streetpass too.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

elf help book posted:

the WiiU storage debacle

Where were you during the debacle?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

At the store, buying a Wii U.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
On a mobile device 32gig plus as expandable is completely reasonable

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Are people really surprised about carts? Every Nintendo handheld has had one. Are people really clamoring for another PSP?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No one is surprised by carts. No one has been surprised by carts since like May.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Also people keep saying carts and thinking of old timey stuff instead of what they'll actually be, glorified SD card.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Wildtortilla posted:

Laughing at people who wanted over priced storage included instead of buying cheap external storage.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Patter Song posted:

Are people really surprised about carts? Every Nintendo handheld has had one. Are people really clamoring for another PSP?
It's more that we didn't even know for sure that it's a handheld until a few months ago. Right now it actually makes perfect sense.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'm not surprised there's no mic, I can't even talk to my buddy privately in online MK unless we want to race just the two of us. They did such a great job on Miiverse IMO trying something new, but then handicap every feature that would appeal to adults who don't live on the same street as their friends.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i just heard a rumor that the NX will have built-in homebrewing

edit: and sony is realeasing Knack on it at launch!!!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I just heard that it'll have two hard drive bays

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just heard that it has solar panels and a crank so you'll never run out of power. Also a built-in 250mAh NiCad battery!

edit: you just spin the integrated N64 stick like in Mario Party to generate power walla

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

irlZaphod posted:

Prime 1 has a fetch quest. As fetch quests go, it's not bad, but it's still a fetch quest.

I thought it was really great because 1) you get rewarded by being curious and exploring random nooks and crannies the first time through the game, so by the time you get to needing to grab all of them, you might already have a bunch and 2) the location of everything is straightforwardly pointed out so you don't have to just scrub every room forever, infuriatingly and 3) you get a really great sense of progression when you go back to old places you may have struggled with the first time but you get to gently caress everything up

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Not to mention if you like finding the expansions, going back through the rooms after getting all the upgrades gives you another chance to connect ones you may have missed the first time.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo is broke.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Trent posted:

I just heard that it has solar panels and a crank so you'll never run out of power. Also a built-in 250mAh NiCad battery!

edit: you just spin the integrated N64 stick like in Mario Party to generate power walla

I heard that motherfucker had like thirty god drat dicks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I can't wait for Emily Rogers to be wrong again only to have everything turned into "w-well she did say it was a rumor so she's still got a clean track record" like everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BillmasterCozb posted:

i just heard a rumor that the NX will have built-in homebrewing

I wonder how quickly it's going to be cracked open by the homebrew scene.

Lemming posted:

I thought it was really great because 1) you get rewarded by being curious and exploring random nooks and crannies the first time through the game, so by the time you get to needing to grab all of them, you might already have a bunch and 2) the location of everything is straightforwardly pointed out so you don't have to just scrub every room forever, infuriatingly and 3) you get a really great sense of progression when you go back to old places you may have struggled with the first time but you get to gently caress everything up

Yeah, it was really well done and Prime 1's world was small enough that you could get from one end to another pretty quickly.

• Locked thread