Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

OSI bean dip posted:

A typical human being has 110,000 calories and being that between January and April, there were 200 deaths, that means that we 22,000,000 calories to work with or 92,000 kJ. Statscan says the average home consumed 106 GJ in 2007, meaning that we'd need about 2,000 fentanyl-related deaths to occur to just power one home.

The entire population of Renfrew County could provide enough heat for someone's house for like two months. That seems like a pretty good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Arcsquad12 posted:

Cheryl Gallant opens mouth, inevitable says something stupid.
This time, she's saying that political correctness is responsible for horrific crimes and immigrants raping children.

Never change, Renfrew County, you backwards cesspool of ignorant hate. You elected this woman. Again.

Renfrew County is alright. Pembroke people are weird. And jesus christ Cheryl has a lot of time to post on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/cheryl.gallant.92?fref=nf

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Ikantski posted:

Renfrew County is alright. Pembroke people are weird. And jesus christ Cheryl has a lot of time to post on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/cheryl.gallant.92?fref=nf

Her account is not visible if you're not loged into Facebook.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

OSI bean dip posted:

we'd need about 2,000 fentanyl-related deaths to occur to just power one home.

I can live with this. Because it's the right thing. Because I have to.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Ceciltron posted:

Listen I just figure that maybe we should shift away from zero emissions to full emissions. Just use human emissions to heat our homes.

The OLP definitely seems fond of huffing their own emissions.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ikantski posted:

Pembroke is weird even by the county standards. And Renfrew itself is full of grumpy old people. I'm glad I left.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

OSI bean dip posted:

Her account is not visible if you're not loged into Facebook.

Not a problem. I had a tubgirl.jpg flash as I was about to click and decided not to make my day any worse.

Gallant can't even keep her horrible stereotypes consistent: it's adolescent BOYS the evil immigrants are grooming for sexual exploitation. Girls are unclean and need to be kept segregated in bags.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

OSI bean dip posted:

I live on the 4th floor floor of our condo building which is top-most and I rarely have to turn the heat on even when it dips below freezing. Thank-you blessed neighbours who heat my apartment for me. :smug:
I have a fireplace and the gas is free :smugbert:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Hexigrammus posted:

Gallant can't even keep her horrible stereotypes consistent: it's adolescent BOYS the evil immigrants are grooming for sexual exploitation. Girls are unclean and need to be kept segregated in bags.
Obviously you didn't pay attention. Because she was afraid of being called a racist, Cheryl Galant couldn't specify which group of immigrants was grooming adolescent girls. Maybe there's more than one group of evil immigrants and they're into different things!

I actually feel bad for Harper having to keep a lid on these loving morons when he was in power.

(ring ring) "Hey Steve, it's Cheryl. Can I do a presser about how brown people are ushering in the apocalypse and Christian soldiers will fight a battle for the salvation of humanity against them in the flaming ashes of Israel?"
"No."

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Mozi posted:

There's certainly a cost to society if you're generous enough to assume they may have gone on to lead productive lives otherwise.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

MA-Horus posted:

And you think power rates are bad now, just wait until Pickering and Darlington have more reactor shutdowns for refurbishment. Apparently there's 380 days worth of outage scheduled for Darlington next year.

When all 4 reactors are going Darlington generates 20% of Ontario's power requirements.

It's also the CANDU Fleet's best performing generating station, and has been voted the best run nuclear power station in the world 3 years in a row.

We should build more. Lots more.

:yeah:

It's a shame that Pickering is on its way out with no further builds planned.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ontarians, please drink responsibly.

quote:

Domestic and imported wines will finally be available in the province’s supermarkets on Oct. 28 – just in time for the Halloween party season.

Finance Minister Charles Sousa, who uncorked the long-anticipated launch date on Friday, said products will be on the shelves of up to 70 grocery stores in this first wave.

By 2025, 300 of Ontario’s 1,500 grocery stores will be selling wine and 450 will stock beer.

Spirits will remain the exclusive purview of the 650-outlet government-owned Liquor Control Board of Ontario, which will also continue to sell beer and wine.

The stores, the location of which still must be finalized, must have designated sales areas, restricted hours of sale, and abide by limits on bottle and box sizes and alcohol content.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

BattleMaster posted:

:yeah:

It's a shame that Pickering is on its way out with no further builds planned.

Won't the retrofit extend its operation for a few decades? (Assuming it happens)

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
A day late and a dollar short but lol anyways

https://twitter.com/CTVToronto/status/771838137802878976

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
It blows my mind that this guy is a gay lmao

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Can you imagine the degree of cognitive dissonance going on in his mind?

That's a mental illness right?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
And a loving law degree from Windsor! loving Windsor

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 9, 2022

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 9, 2022

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Looks like I was right about his Trump "say first and retract later" strategy. Everyone will get a sound bite they want to believe from him at some point.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
no I'm not jealous at all I thought that would be obvious you giant of logic

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

namaste faggots posted:

And a loving law degree from Windsor! loving Windsor

Did you get your garbage law degree there too drejitsu

I received my degree from Windsor at the same convocation that gave Peter Mansbridge his honourary JD.

I have nothing to add to that. I just thought I'd mention it for your amusement.

Long story short, to get an actual job, I went to college and now I'm actually working.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Did you hang out with eminem

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dreylad posted:

Won't the retrofit extend its operation for a few decades? (Assuming it happens)

I was under the impression that the intended refurbishment was only going to extend the plant's life into the 2020s and then it was going to be decommissioned. Something about how the maintenance on the steam generators was spotty in its life and they don't want to replace them when they finally give out.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

namaste faggots posted:

It blows my mind that this guy is a gay lmao

Did I miss him coming out or is this some kind of insult because he is right wing?

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
Me? An undergrad in torturing and murdering small animals. UBC has its strengths.

Never had a desire to go near the Faculty of Law. That lot was vicious.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 9, 2022

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 9, 2022

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

patonthebach posted:

Did I miss him coming out or is this some kind of insult because he is right wing?

you don't think there's anything disingenuous about being a right wing shithead and a gay like baird, leitch and brown?

are you out of your loving mind

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

namaste faggots posted:

you don't think there's anything disingenuous about being a right wing shithead and a gay like baird, leitch and brown?

If you're like Michael Chong who thinks being a Conservative is mostly about "pocketbook issues" then I guess you could try to compartmentalize and not go nuts from the cognitive dissonance.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

namaste faggots posted:

I get that a lot of articles have been written about the speculation that Baird was gay. When did this start with Brown?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
What would canpol social justice idiots say if

Some native Indian mp advocated against residential school compensation

A black mp campaigned against reparations for the demolition of africville

Of course you'd all defend them because you're all principled party apparatchiks like bunnyofdoom right

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

patonthebach posted:

Well I've never seen him with a woman.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I'm just confused. Ive never heard any speculaton before about Brown and it doesnt seem like public knowledge. Are you just trying to insult him because he may be both right wing and gay, or do you have information we dont?

Edit : I'm not sure how much more clear I can make this. Calling some gay as a insult, even if they are conservative and you find that hilariously ironic, is an rear end in a top hat thing to do.

patonthebach fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 3, 2016

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I'm pretty sure he's gay. Catholic, single, social conservative

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I've bit my tongue a few times spreading rumors about Brown but let your fingers do the Google and see what turns up! CI isn't saying anything that isn't already out there.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I've bit my tongue a few times spreading rumors about Brown but let your fingers do the Google and see what turns up! CI isn't saying anything that isn't already out there.

I couldnt find a thing in a few pages worth of google.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I thought the thing with Brown was underage coeds.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

patonthebach posted:

I couldnt find a thing in a few pages worth of google.

Well someone cleaned up their search results....

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
This is what NP currently has running up front. They couldn't go bankrupt soon enough, but at least with trash like this it won't be long

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/rex-murphy-the-environmental-crowd-knows-no-compromise

quote:

The environmental protesters who are determined to throttle Alberta’s oil industry are so invested in the narrow, regressive world of their own doom-laden vision of the future, and the fanatic, narcissistic righteousness that is the hallmark of that vision, that they see themselves as having a licence to to do just about anything, no matter how morally reprehensible, in the pursuit of their cause.

Civilized debate, respect for one’s opponents, listening to differing opinions and good manners: these are the practices and mores of every other social and political exchange, and are necessary for reasoned debate to take place in a democratic society. Yet the anti-pipeline zealots seems to think that these standards don’t apply to them.

Witness that gruesome, arrogant invasion of the National Energy Board (NEB) hearing into the Energy East pipeline in Montreal this week. Three — just three — typically overzealous pipeline justice warriors flamed into the hearing room on Monday, screaming, “It has to stay in the ground.” One of them charged the panel members sitting at the front of the room, forcing the RCMP to subdue and shackle the bellicose buffoon. It was, of course, a stunt — precisely the kind of stunt that passes for protest these days, whenever the save-the-planet gang smells a camera in the distance, a headline in the making or an opportunity derail any legitimate airing of a contentious public issue.

They were only three protesters. But these three hooligans are a perfect example of the holier-than-thou mentality the pervades the modern environmental movement. Storm a meeting, scream slogans, insult the industry, play the victim, taunt the police, harass, intimidate and act like a thug — you may call it protesting if you wish, but bullying and boorishness are far closer to the mark.

And just what are they trying to stop? Great swathes of Fort McMurray, Alta., are still in ashes. Hundreds of homes have been levelled, families have been displaced, businesses are in ruin, the city is still in shock. Alberta is bleeding, its economy in tatters, its confidence shaken. The country as a whole has been wounded by the collapse of the oil industry. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, the drop in the price of oil has affected the lives of the hundreds and thousands of people who are no longer working. Projects have stalled or stopped. Government revenues are in decline. It is the bleakest moment in modern Alberta history.

One would assume that, under these circumstances, every socially conscience individual in the country would be concerned about all the people in desperate straits; all the newly unemployed and homeless yearning for an opportunity for a better life. Yeah, sure. So long as there is a Greenpeace, a Sierra Club, a Green party or, for that matter, while Denis Coderre is mayor of Montreal, fresh from the Great Flush of eight billion gallons of raw sewage into that city’s historic and polluted harbour, there will be no flag of hope raised for any project — and particularly any pipeline running from Alberta’s landlocked oil deposits — that might aid that province in its darkest time. Instead, a troika of agitators is allowed to put a halt to the national energy regulator’s hearings, merely by showing up and playing the bullies for a few moments.

Where is the real “exalted warrior,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, in all this? Well, today he is in China, which must be a welcome intermission from his travails on the hot sands of Tofino Beach, under a constant drizzle of selfies and photo-bombs, in weeks past. Perhaps after his sojourn in the Far East, he might interject his voice into this national debate. Does the prime minister of Canada favour Canadian oil over Middle Eastern crude? Does he think three protesters should shut down the NEB hearings? Does he like the idea of creating jobs for Canadians?

And, more to the point, will he stop playing the grand equivocator? Is he a supporter of the Energy East pipeline, its jobs and the relief it will bring to the economically desperate province of Alberta and unemployed people across the country? Or is he on the side of the fanatic protesters, who, rather than see one drop of Alberta oil find its way into a pipeline, would, if they had the means, bring us back to the days of candles and campfires?

P.S. If Alberta Premier Rachel Notley believes her concessions to the anti-pipeline forces will give her “social licence” to build pipelines, she is a child. That crowd knows no compromise. Montreal was just a taste of their tactics. And Premier Notley should recognize that she has to fight for the oil industry, or its opponents will eventually close it down altogether.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Edmontonians show their true colours. It's white.:ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

They're just trying to protect our cultural values, like vaping