Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

proof of concept posted:

I am tickled pink that moridin has moridin'd to the point where he's earnestly arguing for positions that stand in direct opposition to the ones he was arguing a couple of days ago :)

quite honestly i just say things half the time lmao

HONK :synpa: HONK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

The best mma technique is having moridin on ignore

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Has anyone ever done a shoryuken in an mma fight?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i saw someone do a wall kick off the cage once that was p cool

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
is there a way to channel your inner qi outward through your arms to create a charged energy blast and if so is this is a sanctioned move in the UFC

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

beep by grandpa posted:

^^ both of you guys neglected to mention the cool way in which she handled her only UFC loss after riding on a sea of fame, fortune, poo poo talk and movie deals for like 3 years

Haha well yeah... It was pretty clear she wanted to make the move to Hollywood. She even strongly hinted(or outright said?) that after she beat Holm she was going to leave fighting indefinitely.

I respected Ronda for her skills. I never thought she fought anyone with her same skill level, but as I said I think it was because they simply didn't have enough fighters to pick from. I don't mind her "me against the world" attitude. I don't care if she doesn't shake hands and all that. I thought it was silly that she tried waaayyyy too hard to sell beef with Holm. And it was obvious Holm got in her head before the fight. Seeing her get ko'd was deeply satisfying and it's god drat hilarious that she ragequit.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Moridin920 posted:

quite honestly i just say things half the time lmao

HONK :synpa: HONK

Moridin, I don't know how but I find myself agreeing with you more and more.

Fuuuuuuuck.

Also I don't take back admitting that I would like to bang an athletic MMA woman.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blacktoll posted:

Also I don't take back admitting that I would like to bang an athletic MMA woman.

that really was the best thread in GBS

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CharlestonJew posted:

Has anyone ever done a shoryuken in an mma fight?

no all we got is this nerd from like 10 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK46aK-UpiM&t=10s

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
http://i.imgur.com/vfmcsnF.gifv

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im white trash and im in trouble

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

moridin is the best poster in this thread other than the guy who posted this

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I had a girl at work almost in tears defending ronda for this absoutely nothing rear end exchange here

Holy just walked away from it like :frogbon: while ronda had a meltdown before the ring, in the ring and after lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I used to have a lot of respect for ronda exactly until the way she handled her loss, jfc get over yourself.......wimp..

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I never thought of losing, but now that it's happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

That's a powerful shove.

beep by grandpa posted:

I had a girl at work almost in tears defending ronda for this absoutely nothing rear end exchange here

Holy just walked away from it like :frogbon: while ronda had a meltdown before the ring, in the ring and after lol

Yeah, seeing Rousey lose her cool in that stare down was telling that Holm had gotten into her head.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cigstomper58 posted:

Thats a cool theory
Personally i think its because most asian people are tiny wussies so they get wrecked more often

Cigstomper58 posted:

I mean there are a little under a billion asian men. And almost 30% are incapable of penetrative sex. It lowers the potential pool enormously

Have you been to the japan.jpg thread in gbs? I bet you could get an avatar there.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Cnut the Great posted:

which martial art should i study if i want my body to become a living weapon the likes of which no man on this earth has ever before encountered

Gun

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

Have you been to the japan.jpg thread in gbs? I bet you could get an avatar there.

Honestly just google male asian sex and you'll see. The facts are there.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

proof of concept posted:

RIP Josh Koscheck
every fighter says they're going to impose their will and make their opponent quit and it makes me remember GSP making Matt Hughes verbally tap and BJ Penn literally quitting a fight between rounds while his corner's all v:confused:v and a closeup of eggplants erupting from Koschek's face bc these are the lvls of destruction required to ever use these phrases

dang i forgot how much i miss GSP he was always mild mannered and sportsmanlike and beat the unholy piss out of men like a true gentleman :3: but now UFC markets unclassy trash like the stupid irish guy and the whiny diaz brother who never went to speech therapy

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Ya but https://youtu.be/RJYFEx8veuM

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJX2eNx0xnM

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just appreciate the sportsmanship between some of the fighters, I really liked how conor and nate diaz treated each other at the end of their 5 round war, it was pretty civil and they respect each other a lot

my fav moment of this was this one fighter responding to the crowd booing the heavyweight champ right after he knocked out that gta4 create a character
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95UeEo8y2lo&t=86s

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

hahaha I just noticed gordon ramsay muggin it up in the background there

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

"I dooo. I do let you bang."

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

grandpa it's time for your nap

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

el B posted:

Haha well yeah... It was pretty clear she wanted to make the move to Hollywood. She even strongly hinted(or outright said?) that after she beat Holm she was going to leave fighting indefinitely.

I respected Ronda for her skills. I never thought she fought anyone with her same skill level, but as I said I think it was because they simply didn't have enough fighters to pick from. I don't mind her "me against the world" attitude. I don't care if she doesn't shake hands and all that. I thought it was silly that she tried waaayyyy too hard to sell beef with Holm. And it was obvious Holm got in her head before the fight. Seeing her get ko'd was deeply satisfying and it's god drat hilarious that she ragequit.

How did Holm get in her head before the fight? I honestly don't remember that much of the lead up before the fight.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

BexGu posted:

How did Holm get in her head before the fight? I honestly don't remember that much of the lead up before the fight.

The lead up was peak GREATEST ATHLETE OF ALL TIME MAN OR WOMAN

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

BexGu posted:

Ronda mostly just did her normal poo poo talking and mean mugging and got ZERO reaction from Holm. Holm just laughed it all off for the most part. Then Ronda got clowned on at the weigh-ins and looked like a bitch. That's never happened to her before.

Her ego was at it's peak, and I honestly think she was scared for the first time on top of it all. She probably didn't put in the amount of training she should have because of her acting and other distractions. I think she realised all this at the 11th hour.

vvvvvv

el B fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 3, 2016

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ronda bought into her own hype; holm did not buy into ronda's hype. This caused ronda to have a meltdown before the fight, a second one during the fight, and a third apocalypticly bigger and messier one after the fight because, surprise surprise, she's not that smart.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Honestly Rhonda probably would've won if she stuck with grappling. Instead she tried the "I'm going to beat her at her own game of striking." This worked on her previous opponent because she wasn't that good.

You shouldn't try out-strike one of the best strikers in the world in your division though. Holm just loving ruined her and her corner probably didn't do Rhonda any favours because it seemed like the game plan was definitely "yeah your striking game is up to par."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

doctor 7 posted:

Honestly Rhonda probably would've won if she stuck with grappling. Instead she tried the "I'm going to beat her at her own game of striking." This worked on her previous opponent because she wasn't that good.

You shouldn't try out-strike one of the best strikers in the world in your division though. Holm just loving ruined her and her corner probably didn't do Rhonda any favours because it seemed like the game plan was definitely "yeah your striking game is up to par."

they clinched a few times but holly was like yeah no thanks im outtie

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

She looks like a midwest girl was surprised she's actually from NY.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I feel kinda bad for female mma fighters because they have to devote their lives and hours every day to get to a level of fitness where they might last more than 30 seconds with your average dude before they get the tar beaten out of them again for burning the roast.

Like if you are really that afraid of domestic abuse either dont date/leave assholes or just make dinner on time. This isn't rocket science

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
One of the weird things to me was how Ronda became a feminist icon and then the fans who joined on the bandwagon because of that got mad when she got beat.

Like how is that a defeat for feminism

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Cigstomper58 posted:

I feel kinda bad for female mma fighters because they have to devote their lives and hours every day to get to a level of fitness where they might last more than 30 seconds with your average dude before they get the tar beaten out of them again for burning the roast.

Like if you are really that afraid of domestic abuse either dont date/leave assholes or just make dinner on time. This isn't rocket science

9/10 best I've seen all day. I bet Ronda Rousey punched a hole in her monitor reading that.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

she sucked my mom hates her

Im conflicted because my mom hates you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread