Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Now it's patched yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

I'm getting that weird feeling to replay ffx, is the PS4 HD version satisfactory?

It had some bugs with RNG that I believe they patched out. It's not the best version (no speed-up function like the PC version IIRC) but it should be acceptable.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

"No Crach, please don't give me your family-heirloom sword. I will never use it, let alone swing it. It's literally worth less than a horse-saddle I found floating in the ocean."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

"No Crach, please don't give me your family-heirloom sword. I will never use it, let alone swing it. It's literally worth less than a horse-saddle I found floating in the ocean."

I really wish I could turn down that poo poo more often. I don't want the important heirloom that has been in your family for generations and you grandfather died to protest. I am going to sell it to a random dwarf for 3 coppers. Keep it. Please. I only did this for the intangible concept of experience points.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

I really wish I could turn down that poo poo more often. I don't want the important heirloom that has been in your family for generations and you grandfather died to protest. I am going to sell it to a random dwarf for 3 coppers. Keep it. Please. I only did this for the intangible concept of experience points.

I wonder how many games there are with merchants that give out quests. Would be especially nice to just sell their worthless heirloom of +2 stealth right back to them for 1 silver and a bandage or something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's a funny bit in nwn2 where you try to threaten a merchant for money/better sale prices/etc and she goes 'oh, wow, i must have really hit the big time if adventurers are badgering me about money for their magic swords!" and is super excited to be there

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

TARDISman posted:

Awwww, did someone spill their wodka?
My favorite will always be, "Poor widdle Conwad, boo loving hoo."

Also I saved Crach's sword and ended up putting it on display in my sweet villa. :smuggo:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Endorph posted:

there's a funny bit in nwn2 where you try to threaten a merchant for money/better sale prices/etc and she goes 'oh, wow, i must have really hit the big time if adventurers are badgering me about money for their magic swords!" and is super excited to be there

look at this loving iconoclast who sides with moira, if you side with the watch then you're trying to convince them that being extorted by some thugs isn't actually a good thing

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

look at this loving iconoclast who sides with moira, if you side with the watch then you're trying to convince them that being extorted by some thugs isn't actually a good thing

its great because you can also just let the lady get robbed like she wants, and it will come and bite you in the rear end later on during the trail.

nwn2 base game was enjoyable, but they could of cut down like 20 hours tbh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

18 of those hours should have been in old owl well

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

an extra 15 in the illfarn ruins. turns out theres actually 30 of those statues hidden in the back.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

"Make sure to put in a part where I as really forceful, too."
"Of course! You have your pride, after all!"

I think my NWN2 save is still in Act1 but that was by far my favorite thing.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Endorph posted:

You can yell at the merchant in Kid Icarus for a discount, or they get pissed at you and jack prices.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

seconded

The castle was neat, the trial was awesome, but NWN2's whole first act is a waste of time. They could have cut it out completely and had your character grow up in Ember instead.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If I want to play Valkyrie Profile 1, should I play the PS1 version or the PSP version? Should I use a guide

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

If I want to play Valkyrie Profile 1, should I play the PS1 version or the PSP version? Should I use a guide

I like the PSP version and If you don't want to play it twice, yes. Otherwise, once no guide and once with a guide so you can get the proper ending is good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's almost literally no difference between the psp and ps1 versions so whichever is more convenient for you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

there's almost literally no difference between the psp and ps1 versions so whichever is more convenient for you.

This is incorrect.

The PS1 version in the US has some nice (if not strictly necessary) UI improvements and significantly better loading times. It is absolutely the version to play if you have an option.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i never noticed the load times and, yeah, fair on the UI improvements, but I don't think they're a big enough deal to make them totally different or anything. IDK im mostly just thinking in terms of the PSP ports that were completely terrible (like fft) or added tons of new content/redrew every sprite.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
PSP version:
-Cannot sort items
-Cannot switch characters in the menus using L/R
-Cannot change equipment of inactive party members
-Lenneth's skills are removed when changing equipment

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

i never noticed the load times and, yeah, fair on the UI improvements, but I don't think they're a big enough deal to make them totally different or anything. IDK im mostly just thinking in terms of the PSP ports that were completely terrible (like fft) or added tons of new content/redrew every sprite.

Yeah, they're 90% identical. It's just that other 10% that tends to give the PS1 version the edge unless you really like kinda-nice (if dated) CGI cutscenes over lovely anime ones.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

Man I can't wait for that game to be finished in 2022.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Do the performance issues in PSP Mana Khemia make it unplayable? It's £3.50 on sale atm

Also are there any issues with the PSP Phantom Brave?

Yeah, with the digital version there wasn't that much lag. I mean, depending on your memory stick the game might hang for a few seconds when queuing up big attacks, but yeah for however much moon money the digital version is fine. Aside from the bug that locks off the final equips from being synthed.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, they're 90% identical. It's just that other 10% that tends to give the PS1 version the edge unless you really like kinda-nice (if dated) CGI cutscenes over lovely anime ones.

I think the main thing to worry about would be the price difference but it'd probably just be easier to emulate anyway.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Allarion posted:

Digital mana khemia is fine. You have to do the option of installing it in-game too even though it's already digital to make it fine.

You need to do the install if you want battle voices, even if you're using a digital version.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
The battle clips are kind of dire though, not sure why since you're gonna hear them the most but nope, all the normally competent actors got like half a take and sound pretty stilted.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I want to listen to Flay's voice 24/7

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The voice file also has certain sound effects for some reason. Battles are very quiet without them.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
I guess this is a good place to ask. I'm trying at the PSnow PC streaming, and want to know: of the Atelier games on there, which is the best to try out. I have never played an Atelier game before. (Atelier Ayesha, Atelier Escha & Logy, Atelier Rorona I think are the choices).

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

yegods posted:

I guess this is a good place to ask. I'm trying at the PSnow PC streaming, and want to know: of the Atelier games on there, which is the best to try out. I have never played an Atelier game before. (Atelier Ayesha, Atelier Escha & Logy, Atelier Rorona I think are the choices).

Ayesha is the best one to start with imho. it's the start of a trilogy (e&l is #2) and rorona is super dated and bad so there you go

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

corn in the bible posted:

Ayesha is the best one to start with imho. it's the start of a trilogy (e&l is #2) and rorona is super dated and bad so there you go

Thanks, I'll start with Ayesha. What's the third part of the trilogy?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

yegods posted:

Thanks, I'll start with Ayesha. What's the third part of the trilogy?

Shallie.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

actually, rorona is good

hope this helps

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
It definitely has the best opening song.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tired Moritz posted:

It definitely has the best opening song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8QGAluvN-A

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

voltcatfish posted:

actually, rorona is good

hope this helps

Plus yes
Original no

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

I prefer Rorona's comfy song.

Phantom Brave is a good game, but I can't imagine playing without the failure gimmick. Being able to beat people up with bread and grass is too fun.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm replaying Disgaea 1. Are there any monsters worth using? I've never tried them before and I figured I could make room in my party for a couple.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Nihilarian posted:

I'm replaying Disgaea 1. Are there any monsters worth using? I've never tried them before and I figured I could make room in my party for a couple.

Monsters in the original Disgaea are pretty much worse than similar humanoid classes at the same level across the board, so they're really only worth getting if you can throw one significantly above your party's level onto the base panel and successfully capture it. There are a couple of maps where it's easy to set yourself up to do this, and with a bit of time and a few tricks you can capture monsters with exponentially increasing levels each time you redo the map. Outside of that, they're generally mediocre. They do get better in later games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Nihilarian posted:

Thursday.