Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Castle of Illusion is free on Amazon Underground right now, so make sure to download it before they delist it on Friday, September 2 from all platforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If anyone's looking for a new licensed match-3 to waste their time on the toilet on, Marvel Tsum Tsum is out in region limited soft launch.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 31, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

:toot: Fallen London is now out for Android!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Always been interested but didn't want to be glued to a computer.
So what exactly is Fallen London? Choice of Games meet RPG?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

EzEight posted:

Always been interested but didn't want to be glued to a computer.
So what exactly is Fallen London? Choice of Games meet RPG?

I've only played a little bit of the original (browser), but it seems to be a Victorian/Lovecraftian RPG that involves turns, waiting for your turns to regenerate (but not in an annoying way), choices, and I *think* there's some sort of interaction with other players, but I could be wrong.

It IS, however, set in the same universe as Sunless Sea, so if you've played that, FL is like the precursor to it all.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

I read that as Fallout London and was disappointed when I clicked the link.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Oh poo poo, it links up to the website too! It took me there when I registered my email address. I can play it from my desktop!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Ducktales Remastered is also free on Amazon Underground.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Neither of these are available (for free) in Canada, unless I'm messing something up.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
If I don't want to download them now, I'll still always have the chance as long as they're listed in my Amazon App Cloud, right?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

I've only played a little bit of the original (browser), but it seems to be a Victorian/Lovecraftian RPG that involves turns, waiting for your turns to regenerate (but not in an annoying way), choices, and I *think* there's some sort of interaction with other players, but I could be wrong.

It IS, however, set in the same universe as Sunless Sea, so if you've played that, FL is like the precursor to it all.

I've tried in the browser and found the waiting for another to be extremely annoying although I get why it is that way. I'm going to try the app though as Im hoping it will be less tedious.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Lumines Puzzle and Music should be available worldwide now. A different F2P Lumines game is also scheduled to be out later this year.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

mrkillboy posted:

Lumines Puzzle and Music should be available worldwide now. A different F2P Lumines game is also scheduled to be out later this year.

I decided to use my play survey credits to buy this. Also got 10% off because I subscribe to Google Play Music (6 months free with my phone and carrier)

Pretty faithful to the original. Not too much of a song selection right now. I guess the F2P version might follow the same type of rules except each album might cost more money.

I cannot comment on microtransactions at this time. If they are there, they are well hidden.

You at least get different difficulty modes. The default controls are strange to get used to.

13 different music tracks in 2 different albums. One of them is the classic Lumines album part 1 which makes me realize that there will probably be more in the future.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

vulturesrow posted:

I've tried in the browser and found the waiting for another to be extremely annoying although I get why it is that way. I'm going to try the app though as Im hoping it will be less tedious.

I played probably about 30-45 minutes yesterday, and found that, because it's on the phone, the waiting is less of a hassle. You play, do something else, come back. For whatever reason, that works WAY better as an app than it does as a browser game, despite it being pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, this game is incredible.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

mrkillboy posted:

If anyone's looking for a new licensed match-3 to waste their time on the toilet on, Marvel Tsum Tsum is out in region limited soft launch.

This is pretty fun, good find.
Need more pop culture match 3s.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

I played probably about 30-45 minutes yesterday, and found that, because it's on the phone, the waiting is less of a hassle. You play, do something else, come back. For whatever reason, that works WAY better as an app than it does as a browser game, despite it being pretty much the same thing.

Anyway, this game is incredible.

I'm digging it, but I don't know what I'm doing. I wish I knew what I could sell and what I should keep.. People rarely give you currency that can be used at the Bazaar.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

This is cool, I am thehoodie. No idea how the multiplayer works

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Justice Monsters V is out for Android.

You know, the pinball-esque game that is based on the pinball game from Final Fantasy XV.
I expected more pinball and less 'okay you have less control over your orbs than an actual pinball game' but it's still sort of fun.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

thehoodie posted:

This is cool, I am thehoodie. No idea how the multiplayer works

This is good to know, I'll make my character send yours a love letter or something, I don't know.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

I love Fallen London, but good lord does this implementation take forever to load anything. Even starting the game takes upwards of three minutes, often without any indication that it's actually loading.

Hopefully they improve the speed soon. The game is perfect for mobile.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

mrkillboy posted:

Doesn't Marvel already have a match 3 game?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Remember He-Man and the Masters of the Universe? Well they're back, in clicker form.

Deakul posted:

Need more pop culture match 3s.

Pay tribute to the late Muhammad Ali's legacy by playing his match 3 game!

AnonSpore posted:

You can never have enough match 3 games.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 1, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Remember He-Man and the Masters of the Universe? Well they're back, in clicker form.

Remember Alf? He's back! In Pog Clicker form!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

AnonSpore posted:

there was Marvel Puzzle Quest but that became a depressing whale pit a long time ago if i recall

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

CrashCat posted:

there was Marvel Puzzle Quest but that became a depressing whale pit a long time ago if i recall

Well yeah I know that because I was in that pit and then escaped, but still. Seems weird to make another foray into that genre while the first one is still around.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Kheldarn posted:

Remember Alf? He's back! In Pog Clicker form!

click to eat the cat

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

AnonSpore posted:

Well yeah I know that because I was in that pit and then escaped, but still. Seems weird to make another foray into that genre while the first one is still around.

Tsum Tsum is also line of plush toys Disney puts out so it probably made a good cross-marketing opportunity.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Lumines is out on phones now I guess? I spent some surveybux on it and it looks like a really enjoyable game.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I've been messing around with Fallen London but I am not really sure what I should be doing. I have been doing the "Sometimes" cards a lot because they seem to give me stuff more.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
After being on an FTL kick I spent 3 survey bucks on Battlevoid: Harbinger. I am very pleased! The controls are very simple and are perfect for phone, and it definitely scratched the spaceship rogue-like itch.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Montalvo posted:

Lumines is out on phones now I guess? I spent some surveybux on it and it looks like a really enjoyable game.

Yup. Scroll up on this page.

Waiting for a more long-term review, wondering if it holds up like the PSP games. Lost track of hours thanks to Lumines.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Yup. Scroll up on this page.

Waiting for a more long-term review, wondering if it holds up like the PSP games. Lost track of hours thanks to Lumines.

If you are directly comparing this to the PSP games, the PSP games win. There are many more gameplay modes in the PSP games. A ton more skins, too. Lots more to unlock. In this one, once you finish hard mode, you have all the skins for that music set. You just need to work on unlocking all the avatars from the skins afterwards.

So, a direct comparison doesn't really work. Controls on the PSP version are a little more precise. The visuals are a little nicer on the PSP. The music is much more varied on the PSP with much more songs. There are more gameplay options for the PSP version. If you need to choose between the mobile version and the PSP version, get the PSP version. There's just more value for your money.

BUT, that's if you're using money out of your own pocket. I have not played Live, Supernova, or Electronic Symphony. If you're using Survey Money, it's a great buy. It's a solid adaptation of the Lumines experience on a mobile device. It probably doesn't have as much long-term playtime as the original (or II), but it does have the fact it's on a mobile device going for it.

Oh, and the songs in the classic music pack are: Shinin', Aback, Talk 2 You, Holiday in Summer, Meguro, and Spirits.

I do at least recommend you going into the Advanced Settings and turning up the movement speed. The default is just too slow. Turbo is quite quick. Medium feels just right for having it without a dpad.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

If you are directly comparing this to the PSP games, the PSP games win. There are many more gameplay modes in the PSP games. A ton more skins, too. Lots more to unlock. In this one, once you finish hard mode, you have all the skins for that music set. You just need to work on unlocking all the avatars from the skins afterwards.

So, a direct comparison doesn't really work. Controls on the PSP version are a little more precise. The visuals are a little nicer on the PSP. The music is much more varied on the PSP with much more songs. There are more gameplay options for the PSP version. If you need to choose between the mobile version and the PSP version, get the PSP version. There's just more value for your money.

BUT, that's if you're using money out of your own pocket. I have not played Live, Supernova, or Electronic Symphony. If you're using Survey Money, it's a great buy. It's a solid adaptation of the Lumines experience on a mobile device. It probably doesn't have as much long-term playtime as the original (or II), but it does have the fact it's on a mobile device going for it.

Oh, and the songs in the classic music pack are: Shinin', Aback, Talk 2 You, Holiday in Summer, Meguro, and Spirits.

I do at least recommend you going into the Advanced Settings and turning up the movement speed. The default is just too slow. Turbo is quite quick. Medium feels just right for having it without a dpad.

What a great reply, thank you! It might just be worth the purchase, Shinin' still gets stuck in my head. Haven't played Lumines for at least five years.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Trastion posted:

I've been messing around with Fallen London but I am not really sure what I should be doing. I have been doing the "Sometimes" cards a lot because they seem to give me stuff more.
There are like a billion different knick knacks to get so I gave up and just concentrate on getting main stats up and maybe a new Lodgings

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
near as i can tell the best way to play it is to just chill and do whatever. it does not mesh well with ocd.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Teeny Titans, one of my favorite mobile games of recent months is on sale for 99 cents. It's also getting a fairly big content update later this month as well.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Sep 3, 2016

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

mrkillboy posted:

Teeny Titans, one of my favorite mobile games of recent months is on sale for 99 cents. It's also getting a fairly big content update later this month as well.

I just tried this for a little while, and it seems pretty solid. At this price, I'd definitely suggest giving it a shot!

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It really is very good.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I just got an interesting Google survey. First question is about race, and it is question number 1 out of 10. I pick white, and the survey ends and I get $. 20. White privilege strikes again? Or would I have received a bigger payout for answering more questions about being a minority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

gromdul posted:

I just got an interesting Google survey. First question is about race, and it is question number 1 out of 10. I pick white, and the survey ends and I get $. 20. White privilege strikes again? Or would I have received a bigger payout for answering more questions about being a minority.

Advertiser is probably trying to reach a certain racial demographic and your privledge-clouded mind cannot give them insight in to Polynesian shopping preferences