Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Raserys posted:

Yeah who would want a bunch of nintendo games on a nintendo console

Apparently not the tens of millions of people who own other consoles/a gaming PC and not a Wii U

The Wii U kinda did show that some of the best Nintendo games to come out in recent years are not enough to carry a console by themselves.

fivegears4reverse fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oddium posted:

yeah the higher you slide it the more people show up to defend federation force

lmao

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Tengames posted:

Its the same poo poo banjo kazooie nuts &bolts had where even if it is a good game in itself, people have come to expect a ceartin thing from a series, including its main character. It honestly would have been better off as its own IP.

I've not actually seen or play it, but does it have any actual interesting characters or is it just a bunch of nameless space marines in the metroid universe?

It has exactly as many interesting characters as other Metroid Prime games.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

fivegears4reverse posted:

Apparently not the tens of millions of people who own other consoles/a gaming PC and not a Wii U

The Wii U kinda did show that some of the best Nintendo games to come out in recent years are not enough to carry a console by themselves.

Thing is, the only real avenues available for them to improve third party support are with indies and the sorts of mid-tier/budget Japanese titles currently coming mainly to PS4 and Vita. AAA support just doesn't align with the demographics Nintendo has any understanding of or interest in how to reach.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
alright you fuckers i'll tell the truth, i work for nintendo

here's what the NX will look like. the squiggly lines are barbed wire, and the little box above the game screen is a second game screen used for tapping the face buttons

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

BillmasterCozb posted:

alright you fuckers i'll tell the truth, i work for nintendo

here's what the NX will look like. the squiggly lines are barbed wire, and the little box above the game screen is a second game screen used for tapping the face buttons

you forgot to reveal the design that comes in the back of the special edition 64 Gb version:-

I too work at Nintendo.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
:ohdear: i hope you guys don't get fired for leaking the nx designs

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope they reveal the NX soon and it's really good and reasonably priced and has a good launch lineup

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BillmasterCozb posted:

you should get super mario maker

this maybe be radical to say, but not enough boos

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hope they reveal the NX soon and it's really good and reasonably priced and has a good launch lineup

I wanna hear what people think is "reasonably priced" for this console. Let's just assume the rumors are true and that its between a Wii U and PS4 power-wise, detachable controls, plugs into the TV to make it a regular console, etc - what would people want to pay for that? I have a feeling they'd need to keep it at $350 or below. And probably $299 would be the actual price.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BillmasterCozb posted:

Funnily enough, the censorship complaints from people who actually played the game was "Wow, this wedding dress is sloppily covered up" and pretty much nothing else

Yeah. Like I don't care about boobs in videogames, but when I saw that wedding dress outfit I was like "holy gently caress why did they just turn her skin white"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

InFlames235 posted:

I wanna hear what people think is "reasonably priced" for this console. Let's just assume the rumors are true and that its between a Wii U and PS4 power-wise, detachable controls, plugs into the TV to make it a regular console, etc - what would people want to pay for that? I have a feeling they'd need to keep it at $350 or below. And probably $299 would be the actual price.

I think 250 max. That's how much the Xbox One costs now.

Kashuno posted:

Yeah. Like I don't care about boobs in videogames, but when I saw that wedding dress outfit I was like "holy gently caress why did they just turn her skin white"

Oh poo poo, I forgot to add that to my list. I hope the NX
  • is revealed soon
  • is really good
  • is reasonably priced
  • has a good launch lineup
  • has a lot of anime boobs

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think $250 is probably doable. The NVidia console and gaming tablet sell for $200, and that's from a company that doesn't make anything off of licensing or have their own software to make up for losses(just minimum accessories), so they probably aren't selling it at a loss. From every indication the NX is like a Shield with fancier/detachable controls and a charging base with tv out. If they can sell a portable twice as strong as WiiU and maybe throw in a pack in, I think $250 is a very enticing price.

But who knows, they may have to charge 300 for the thing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

greatn posted:

But who knows, they may have to charge 300 for the thing.

That would be suicide for something multiple sources claim it's supposed to be a mass target, casual audience device. Even $250 would be pushing it.

No glasses 3D didn't sell the 3DS for $250 and detachable controls are not going to sell the NX for $250 either.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

greatn posted:

It has exactly as many interesting characters as other Metroid Prime games.
I actually liked the playable dudes in metroid prime hunters, they were fun to play as and had thier own unique weapons and morph ball mode.
Federation force seems like its the same type of character but different colored for everyone so it just looks like a step back despite being in development for so long.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Saoshyant posted:

That would be suicide for something multiple sources claim it's supposed to be a mass target, casual audience device. Even $250 would be pushing it.

No glasses 3D didn't sell the 3DS for $250 and detachable controls are not going to sell the NX for $250 either.

Didn't Reggie say recently that he knew price point was a problem with the 3DS and the Wii U? I think they're gonn try their darnedest to hit <250, even if it they end up at a weird price like 219.99

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think 250 max. That's how much the Xbox One costs now.

Oh poo poo, I forgot to add that to my list. I hope the NX
  • is revealed soon
  • is really good
  • is reasonably priced
  • has a good launch lineup
  • has a lot of vagina bones

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

It's about $100 per USB port, so two of those plus the rest of the system and we're looking at a $250 price tag. It's simple mathematics.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If the rumors of scrollwheel shoulder buttons are true, one should be a dedicated boob slider that works in all games.

I would also accept a pair of tits as an amiibo that adds boob-features to any game when scanned. Especially pikmin and nintendogs.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Raserys posted:

ROGERS LIED, PEOPLE DIED

Those people were gamers though, doesn't count.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nintendo cereal featuring NX marshmallows.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

All these people coming up with 200$ price points for the NX and i'm here thinking, "you mean just the handheld right? the bundle with the docking part and zelda at launch will probably be 500"

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

ErichZahn posted:

Do you remember friend codes? Karts, minidisks, wii/wii u scratschtastic dishes, the deliberate efforts to make their games unemulatable when they should be doing the opposite and being Steam? The screenshot/share/social features on the Wii/WiiU that had no camera or microphone?

I had never heard about Wii discs being "easy to scratch" until reading this thread; was this really a thing?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I've never scratched any disc from psx to WiiU and every Sony and Nintendo console in between. I just put them in their loving cases.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
do... people not put them in the cases...?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

BillmasterCozb posted:

i just heard a rumor that the NX will have built-in homebrewing

I've had this rumour confirmed by my uncle, but in a twist by homebrewing it will be the literal production of beer as a form of active cooling.
you will need to boil some hops and malt every two weeks and bottle the output otherwise your NX will go into limp mode

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If you die in the NX you die for real

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You can't die in Nintendo games anymore. If you lose enough health or fall down a pit a Lakitu will pick you up and Miyamoto shows up in the game to apologize for the inconvenience and offers to complete the game for you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo seems to have enjoyed the publicity of shutting down the metroid 2 remake and sent out takedown letters to 562 different fan projects today.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Minidust posted:

I had never heard about Wii discs being "easy to scratch" until reading this thread; was this really a thing?

When I think of easily scratched disks I remember back when the xbox 360 would sometimes mangle disks because the drive spun so fast.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo seems to have enjoyed the publicity of shutting down the metroid 2 remake and sent out takedown letters to 562 different fan projects today.

oh poo poo, that explains the email i got about Mario With a Gun 3

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

*turns head around*
i believe it's called, FLUDD

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Nintendo XXX.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

there were that many people making bootleg Nintendo games?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

MinibarMatchman posted:

uh kind of a big difference between the laughable 32 gig of internal storage and the median of like 250 to 500 in modern consoles. not sure how handheld feature will work when you're unable to bring your stupid 500 gig brick along with you.

"Yeah just slap that 500 GB harddrive onto the portable system"

- Someone who doesn't understand how space works.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

RVWinkle posted:

When I think of easily scratched disks I remember back when the xbox 360 would sometimes mangle disks because the drive spun so fast.

I thought that was because they cheaped out on the DVD tray and didn't put those little plastic tabs on it to save 0.2¢ per unit.

AFAIR it only affected vertical operation and got me with with that; had to rearrange my TV area to have it horizontal.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ometeotl posted:

"Yeah just slap that 500 GB harddrive onto the portable system"

- Someone who doesn't understand how space works.

Now you can slap in an SD card instead!

Your 350 dollar SD card to get 512 gigs.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Real hurthling! posted:

Good. All those 562 were from a single site full of garbage shovelware so they were basically just lined up for them. I enjoy seeing commenters whine and talk about how Nintendo only shuts these games down because they're jealous.

No, Nintendo doesn't give two shits about these games, they have a legal division that's more or less autonomous and one of that division's jobs is to enforce their IP. That side of the company doesn't care about pr or fanboy feelings nor should it, and it doesn't seek out Reggie's approval to act.

AM2R is great, big props on the guy who made it, but there's absolutely nothing to complain about(and the creator isn't complaining). It's out now, and it's out forever, and extremely easy to find.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they sent out an extra DMCA to prevent the AM2R guy from providing updates just to stick an additional dagger in

meanwhile capcom is like "oh megaman's 25th anniversary? uhh i guess we could.. hey there's a fan game, let's just promote that"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Quest For Glory II posted:

they sent out an extra DMCA to prevent the AM2R guy from providing updates just to stick an additional dagger in

IIRC they only asked the website hosting it to take it down.

• Locked thread