Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
The first victim of that game is your sentiment that you can spoil a good story.

A good story spoils you :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Still salty that the Steam version requires DX11.

I need a computer that's not six years old :(

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016
Don't you hate it when there's unexpectedly a bunch of replies and you get excited for an update, and then realize that everything is, in fact, terrible

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Life, it turns out, just isn't fair sometimes.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Artix posted:

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Waffleman_ posted:

ZTD spoils VLR in basically the first hour.

It does the same for the bigger reveals in 999 as well. If not explicitly, definitely implicitly. Zero Time Dilemma is not a newcomer-friendly game.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd rather not play through a vn i have already seen more than half of via this lp, and i'd rather not wait another couple years for this lp to finish. so, i just found some spoilers and now i'm set for ztd.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

just buy a 3ds people, it's the year 2016

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Cake Attack posted:

just buy a 3ds people, it's the year 2016

I have a 3DS but it's an 8 hour drive away

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Artix posted:

A single solitary post can derail an entire thread. Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

oscarthewilde fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 17, 2016

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
It is seeming unlikely that we can expect any more updates on this until he finishes his Crystal Chronicles LP.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Tarezax posted:

I have a 3DS but it's an 8 hour drive away

Get a car charger and someone else to drive, and you can play VLR for 8 hours on the way back.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

It is seeming unlikely that we can expect any more updates on this until he finishes his Crystal Chronicles LP.

Well, patience is a virtue and it's been well-established that virtue's last reward is uh, being murdered I guess

I'm not sure where I was going with that.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I think they meant it's newcomer friendly in that "you don't need to play 999/vlr we are just going to tell you the important bits from those so you don't have to play them"

which isn't friendly to anybody looking to play both of those games still

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

That's generally what newcomer friendly means "You don't need to play the previous games to understand what's going on" - so Fire Emblem is generally newcomer friendly, but the .hack games aren't.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ZTD is newcomer friendly in the sense that the publishers make the same money off a newcomer than otherwise

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Man, I remember back when I bookmarked this right before the first ending. I saw it on my control panel and though, "Surely it's done by now!"

Now that I've read everything and caught up...
:suicide:

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Yeah I'm just waiting for the game to go on sale again and will finish it myself

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Wait, I'm caught up? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Capfalcon posted:

Man, I remember back when I bookmarked this right before the first ending. I saw it on my control panel and though, "Surely it's done by now!"

Now that I've read everything and caught up...
:suicide:

Thesaya posted:

Wait, I'm caught up? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Fedule's posting schedule is very complex.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hopefully he'll mind-jump back into this timeline soon.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I binged the 999 LP in the archive and this in a week because of SGF streaming ZTD and started with a recommendation to check the predecessors out first. Now I am too invested in this LP to find another one. Guess I won't be watching that stream after all. Oh well, perhaps a great LP of ZTD is completed while this finishes and I end up better off for waiting!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It just consists of FF Crystal Chronicles LP posting instead of this, and I'm not sure how much longer that LP is going to go because I only ever watched roommates play that game in college and I forget how it goes.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 26, 2016

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Brightman posted:

It just consists of FF Crystal Chronicles LP posting instead of this, and I'm not sure how much longer that LP is going to go because I only ever watched roommates play that game in college and I forget how it goes.

It was a joke. Nobody was actually suggesting that Fedule's posting schedule is complex.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Just finished binging (thanks for all your work Fedule!) and at this point I just really want to see the conclusion while the story is fresh in my mind, but would rather not buy the game and then have to spend 30+ hours catching up to where we are in this LP.

Does anyone know of a good place to go to get spoilers for this game that doesn't include any for Zero Time Dilemma? I'd like to play that game, but I really want to see what happens in this game first. I'm wary of the Zero Escape Wiki just because halfway through reading this thread I went to it for a refresher on 999's endings and got spoiled to a pretty huge twist by accidentally hovering over a link, and I'd rather not have something similar happen again. I guess maybe I could try the wayback machine version of it from before ZTD came out.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ya know, I can type something up. It'll be pretty sparse, along the lines of "Phi is a shapeshifting cat time policeman hunting Quark for stealing the Mona Lisa" (side note: Phi is not actually a shapeshifting cat). If I do a pastebin link and posted it here, are there any apps that would "helpfully" transcribe it and spoil folks who didn't want to be spoiled?

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

We could just post in the VLR thread; nobody else uses it anymore. I recently bought and finished the game and would kinda like some people to talk to about it anyway, which I don't want to do in the ZTD thread since I've not gotten around to playing that yet.

e: General VLR thread.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Good point, I'll link it there. Make people make an effort to spoil themselves, and it pre-empts people posting back in THIS thread with their reactions, so we keep things clean.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Any 3ds owning euro goons might want to consider getting this now as it's on sale for £/€10 until the 25th.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This is, I imagine, a terrible time to try and bring this up, but I've just caught up on the (excellent) thread, and I caught some stuff you were gonna do that you might have forgotten about.

Fedule posted:

Please disregard the fact that the title graphic is extremely wrong. I am so very tired right now and I will fix it later.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Fedule seems away, so I'm just going to post this... there is one additional dialogue you can get in this room on easy mode, and it's another rather "special" one. If you zoom in on the control panel for the dolly and examine the card slot in easy mode...

[snip credit card innuendo scene]

I don't know if Clover or Sigma are more :cripes: here.

Fedule posted:

Man I knew I'd slip up and miss something big eventually. I'll probably go back and capture at least a screenshot in the right place and edit it in later.

Good catch!

Just for the sake of my first post in a thread on life support not just being about, well, that, I want to mention a small, petty, complaint I have about the game. I don't think the "SEEK A WAY OUT!" and "YOU FOUND IT!" animations are as cool as in 999. :saddowns:

E: drat, I was going to hinge a joke on "Five minutes of life!" but the lock titles are in text.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 2, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Some of us have been here for years. Watching. Waiting. This thread ain't allowed to die.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I personally would tweet Fedule if this thread fell into archives

YOU AIN'T DONE YET

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm kind of glad I played through VLR instead of reading this LP.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

I'm kind of glad I played through VLR instead of reading this LP.

YOWZA

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I had to, ZTD came out. I only found the LP after I finished it anyway.

ManicVolcanic
Jun 5, 2016
I'm still holding out. I've seen too much in the LP already, and I probably have more patience seeing as I found the thread months ago instead of years ago, but we are finishing this, dammit.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I'd read this entire LP up to a few updates before Fedule's last, bought the game, played through it, and am still eagerly anticipating the revival of this LP.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

At this point I'm pretty convinced he's trying to beat Spirit Armor's record for longest time between updates.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Materant posted:

At this point I'm pretty convinced he's trying to beat Spirit Armor's record for longest time between updates.

And what is this record time? So far, it as been like 5 and a half months since the last post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Didn't Spirit Armor's LP fall into the archives years ago and he hasn't been heard from since?

• Locked thread