Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cant believe david ruined everything this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Nevermind, I'm an idiot and like everything else about Koichi, the anime has made it better. It looked good-ish and hearing it made a difference.

Yeah, I never liked Act 3 all that much (partially since it essentially lost functionality and its design is less interesting) but hearing it voiced has made me like it a little more.

Also for some reason when reading it I thought he was saying the words really drawn out ("Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, Biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, etc") so him spelling it out was pretty funny.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Momomo posted:

Yeah, I never liked Act 3 all that much (partially since it essentially lost functionality and its design is less interesting) but hearing it voiced has made me like it a little more.

Also for some reason when reading it I thought he was saying the words really drawn out ("Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, Biiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, etc") so him spelling it out was pretty funny.

Yeah, weirdly enough, Act 3 has even less flexibility than the other two. It makes things heavy the closer you are to them and.......................................................................welp

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Its power is to change the spelling of a word and then inflict that effect on something. Like most JoJo stands, the scope of its power is barely shown and could realistically be used to be stupidly overpowered.

Like, there's nothing to really suggest that he can't say "I've changed bread to dead, so if there's any bread in your stomach, it will kill you" or whatever.

Even outside that, it doesn't really have less flexibility because it's a further power upon that what's already been established and he can use the other two forms at will, so it's adding to Echoes' existing flexibility as a whole.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

3 Freeze was all Koichi really ever needed to use from then on, honestly. Araki never really explored exactly what Act 3 could do because there's just so much you can do with that kind of wordplay.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, weirdly enough, Act 3 has even less flexibility than the other two. It makes things heavy the closer you are to them and.......................................................................welp

It makes puns come true, though it only ever gets used for that one thing. Which sucks, it has such a range, but something had to make room for Rohan punching a child.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's detached from the hand, not the hand itself.

Kind of interesting how Kira has a fetish for hands and that the ability tied to his own hand can't transmit damage.

Now that I think about it, Johnny's fetish for bug bites also includes the itchiness from them, right? his Stand is to give power to the fingernails you use to scratch.

Do fetishes increase your abilities in JoJo??

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Now that I think about it, Johnny's fetish for bug bites also includes the itchiness from them, right? his Stand is to give power to the fingernails you use to scratch.

Do fetishes increase your abilities in JoJo??

All I have to say on this matter is Giorno is a noted piss drinker.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Like, there's nothing to really suggest that he can't say "I've changed bread to dead, so if there's any bread in your stomach, it will kill you" or whatever.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Koichi would be extremely powerful if he had continued with Yukako's ESL Learning Regime.

ChaosArgate posted:

Alright, who did it. Fess up now.

Shameful, especially since Sheer Heart Attack is from News of the World, not Sheer Heart Attack.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seafood ban all people who say Sheer Heart Attack has a weakness for slander and being wrong thanks in advance.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i guess bad seafood has to find a way to ban a manga character who also demonstrated said weakness

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i believe seafood can do it

ideally by giving koichi's punishment to baal

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Echoes Act 3's design is good and i'll defend it :colbert:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
first time I hear people dissin on the Threeze, im shocked

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i believe seafood can do it

ideally by giving koichi's punishment to baal

You're going to let me hit you so your hand gets stuck to the ground?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

バールのポスト....弱点はない.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would be べール, btw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It would be a piece of poo poo, like you! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nooooo

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
when's the next chapter...

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

based on a quick reread of the rest of SHA, next week's episode is going to be G-O-O-D

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

All I have to say on this matter is Giorno is a noted piss drinker.

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/735887703187689474

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I've been holding off on reading Vento until the whole thing was retranslated, and I am tremendously concerned that it cannot possibly live up to the expectations born from that twitter account.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Schwarzwald posted:

I've been holding off on reading Vento until the whole thing was retranslated, and I am tremendously concerned that it cannot possibly live up to the expectations born from that twitter account.

It owns and is my favorite. Also restarting the crunchyroll app fixed my jojo in Paris issue.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I can't wait until next friday, next episode is basically non-stop Kira getting owned(Some loving brat got your name/Nice watch/Stay where you are, rear end in a top hat).

Then he literally steals a man's face and explodes a beautician, but still.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I love that Kira gets utterly just destroyed, one failure after another in SHA, yet somehow he still wins the fight. Exploding Jotaro and punching a hole through Koichi don't mean anything in the end, Josuke and Okuyasu still arrive to kick his rear end. It's only through cutting off his hand and setting SHA free and just crawling away. Even then, it's all easily counterable, SHA is still frozen, Josuke returns his hand to him, but even though it's only through luck of the right people being in the right place at the right time, Kira is still able to walk from all of that, perfectly fine and the heroes are back to square one.

There are so many "the villain gets away from being cornered halfway through the story" moments, but SHA is real dynamic and it gives us the Kosaku Kira Tries To Be A Dad scenes which are some of the best scenes in Part 4 imo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wonder where next week's episode will cut off, honestly. it's just nonstop action and choice moments happening the entire time

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i wonder where next week's episode will cut off, honestly. it's just nonstop action and choice moments happening the entire time

Kira you fucker, get out here! You coward!

Or Kosaku's fabulous rear end.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Yinlock posted:

I can't wait until next friday, next episode is basically non-stop Kira getting owned(Some loving brat got your name/Nice watch/Stay where you are, rear end in a top hat).

Then he literally steals a man's face and explodes a beautician, but still.

koichi gets owned too

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

koichi gets owned too

as his shameful sock-wearing habits are revealed to the world

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Re-reading Sheer Heart Attack and I had completely forgot the part where Kira gets accosted by some punks trying to retrieve Sheer Heart Attack and he blows off one of their fingers by turning his wallet into a bomb when they try to rob him, good poo poo

and then he stumbles up to Koichi and instantly starts talking about how he doesn't want a gym membership cause he'd have to touch weights that other people touched with the same hands they use to masturbate. And then he casually reveals he knows where Josuke, Okuyasu and Yukako live

e: And then Kira has a spare minute before Josuke and Okuyasu get there so he just fucks with Koichi before erasing him, rubbing his head into the pavement, the whole "Do you have a tissue? Nosebleeds make a big mess, I thought you might need one" bit, all because Koichi damaged Kira's ego and shamed his quiet life. This poo poo rules

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 4, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

That's also why the "ha ha got your name fucker" thing rules since it's just Koichi completely punching a hole through Kira's already-vulnerable-from-this-bullshit ego.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
and Kira retaliates by also completely punching a hole through Koichi

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

there are plenty of ways that you can hurt a man and bring him to the ground

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
Sheer Heart Attack is just second after the finale for my favorite fight in DiU, and almost all my favorite moments are looking to be covered in the next episode.

I'm so loving excited

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i definitely do feel like they're either going to end at it being revealed that kira's stolen an identity or the crew running into the crowd afterward and yelling about kira. probably the latter, because it's a good stopping point. they got through chapter 1 of SHA at the end of quiet life part 2 and 5 more chapters in this week's episode, so that leaves 5 more for next week's to round it off

if there's any doubt about time i can see them doing rolling credits at the end as the truth is revealed. would be a good time for it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like there's so much left that they almost couldn't do Sheer Heart Attack in just one more episode but I'd love to see it if they could do it well, yeah.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Moltrey posted:

I feel like there's so much left that they almost couldn't do Sheer Heart Attack in just one more episode but I'd love to see it if they could do it well, yeah.

if there were any episodes to not do the OP and/or ED this would be one of them, i feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Speaking of OPs, what are the chances we'll have a new OP after episode 26?