Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'd buy this game from hitler if it meant paying half price for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hitler supports capcoms mission of making everyone blond

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a guy in a casual match ragequit on me today. we had a 5 bar connection too.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hell Yeah posted:

a guy in a casual match ragequit on me today. we had a 5 bar connection too.

what a poo poo game!!! rear end!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Have capcom said anything about Urien or are they still acting like he hasn't been finished for three months

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Baal posted:

Have capcom said anything about Urien or are they still acting like he hasn't been finished for three months

They're really good at minimizing any amount of hype around anything to do with this game. Part of me figures its because they know the reality will never live up to even the smallest amount of hype.

There are two ways to go about things like this. A small reveal early on showing a bit of a character and slowly revealing more details until the release date you've set and come public with is reached and the character is released. This approach is kinda eh because SF5 characters aren't interesting enough to stretch out details, and Capcom definitely can't keep a consistent release for anything. Or you can just come out with a hype trailer at the end of a tourney and go "yeah the character is out RIGHT NOW/TOMORROW" which is 100% what they will do EXCEPT they've already blown their load on the reveal and they basically put him in the loving game and people have been playing him for months.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah putting the fully compete character in the game way ahead of his "release" is just completely insane

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

In Training posted:

Yeah putting the fully compete character in the game way ahead of his "release" is just completely insane

https://www.destructoid.com/crapload-of-dlc-found-on-street-fighter-x-tekken-disc-223138.phtml hey guys remember this?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I was thinking a few days ago that this is pretty similar with regards as to what happened with SFxT, but the difference here is four of the characters were already out and you knew ahead of the time about these chars whereas SFXT tried to keep it secret until the vita version was ready to be out out and would reveal it then, but some people looked through discs and found them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Even that is different though, because those characters weren't playable for months and then tried to be launched as if it was new. It's weird in SFV

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those characters were playable for months because people could hack their games and unlock the content. I use hack p loosely here as it was a super trivial thing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I get why they added the characters, they needed to give people a reason to get into Story Mode, but I mean, they could've at least put in "incomplete" versions like MKX did. Although they can't win regardless because then people would go "haha, Capcom can't finish their DLC characters, it's gonna come out like that", etc, etc. Still, it would've been smarter in terms of hyping up future content. Right now Urien isn't even out and yet he feels old-hat.

It's kinda sad, because I'm super behind Capcom trying out this long-term support, microtransaction financed BS for fighting games, it's just that they are so BAD at it. I look at KI and although I think that game is legit dumb at least they know what they're doing in that regard, while Capcom is constantly putting out fires with gasoline and not addressing basic stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

Those characters were playable for months because people could hack their games and unlock the content. I use hack p loosely here as it was a super trivial thing.

I mean even in the story mode

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/JSCibmJ.mp4

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

This is capcom Japan when they hear capcom USA discussing a technical aspect of the game.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
That is unironically better than every super in SFV.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=JSCibmJ&v=kpchuUkHzjc

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Gorp posted:

That is unironically better than every super in SFV.

I mean, that's unironically better than most supers in most fighting games, it's fuckin' dope.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

DESTROYED

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

This loving rocks.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Dias posted:

I mean, that's unironically better than most supers in most fighting games, it's fuckin' dope.

Where's it even from?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bloodly posted:

Where's it even from?

Next Pokemon game.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
So I just finished watching this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1dBkF5Z2o8

and became irrationally upset. I hate this game so much.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
someone post that .gif of boxer's AA just completely losing to ryu's j. hk

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mad Lupine posted:

I don't understand. Are you angry that PRRog didn't understand the match up 3 months ago?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Mad Lupine posted:

He didn't lose to turbo jab so it's not that bad imo

halwain
May 31, 2011
Are you mad that PRBalrog is a lovely player or what?

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

halwain posted:

Are you mad that PRBalrog is a lovely player or what?

These matches are pretty old + this matchup is kinda bad for Balrog TBF

I think the problem is that it "feels" worse for the majority of players to guess wrong several times and take several mid-sized chunks of damage as opposed to eating one big combo from a key mistake that may range from guessing wrong in a mixup to just poor spacing or decision making. The former easily feels like the only solution is to "guess better" while the latter you can have a wide variety of options, though in reality you can do many things about the former, usually being some variation of "not getting in that situation in the first place".

Of course, if your character has to constantly fight in situations that are ripe for Zangief to turn into RPS situations it can become annoying really quick.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That looks annoying as gently caress but is there a reason we didn't see a bunch of throw attempts instead of jabs?

I'm like a poo poo-tier player so I really don't know .

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Xian is doing work here in Chengdu, just beat Gamerbee pretty convincingly.

e: This tournament is really weird, it's in a mall just in the open and a bunch of grannies are getting hype.

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 4, 2016

the Gaffe
Jul 4, 2011

you gotta believe dawg

FilthyImp posted:

That looks annoying as gently caress but is there a reason we didn't see a bunch of throw attempts instead of jabs?

I'm like a poo poo-tier player so I really don't know .

Throws are hugely punishable, and easy to dodge if the opponent is prepared to. Spamming jab is a lot safer, and gief's jab is has a huge hitbox and 3 active frames (most jabs have 2). It's not much damage so giefs tend to spam jab when the opponent is low on health, since a lot of people actually have trouble getting around its hitbox. Pr Rog manages to get some hits in but you can see how much trouble he's having trying to get in.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

quote:

PSA: Return to the main menu when you want to share a video clip or picture from the share menu after finishing an online match(PS4). If you don't, it counts as a Rage Quit and you WILL be banned.

ROFL

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh... that's cool...

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

that's epic as hell

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

haha cool cool.

well...thats cool

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

they always find a new and exciting ways to disappoint me

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Why haven't they upped rashid's damage?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Golem II posted:

Why haven't they upped rashid's damage?

Why haven't they [Insert one of SFV's 10000 problems here]?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Why are there no guides fur juri?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
No one bothered to learn her (trash character.)