Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RC Cola posted:

Found out my uncle has stage 4 cancer today and will be lucky to live 3 months. He's the healthiest person I've ever met besides this. 47, bikes 50+ miles a day in the mountains. Very active. I'm pretty upset please post dog pictures for me

I have no dog pictures :( I have bird pictures though.

Sometimes he holds my hand and won't give it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
are you like a crazy cat lady, but with birds

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Luna turned 16 recently. She's old enough to drive!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ignite Memories posted:

Luna turned 16 recently. She's old enough to drive!

It's true what they say. Black don't crack.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Zzulu posted:

are you like a crazy cat lady, but with birds

I think to qualify as a crazy [x] lady, legally, I need multiple [x].

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Sep 4, 2016

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Omg :3:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I went on a date and had fun

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
You look amazing as always

What is wrong with men in your city

(Eyeshadow game STRONG)

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Thank you :kimchi:

I might make them feel inadequate being tall, having $$$ and 2 years older, but I wouldn't mind being a sugar mama, really

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sweet As Sin posted:

Thank you :kimchi:

I might make them feel inadequate being tall, having $$$ and 2 years older, but I wouldn't mind being a sugar mama, really

Sounds to me like you need to start hitting on grad students.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I like tall rich women

Hit me up

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
^

you didn't have to confirm it was men you know :saddowns:

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Mocking Bird posted:

I like tall rich women

Hit me up

What a coincidence, me too!

edit:

I went to an amazing show last night! Tiny Moving Parts opened up for The Fall of Troy and they were both amazing.

I got a bit drunk and took a selfie that I look terrible in but it made me laugh

taint toucher has a new favorite as of 10:47 on Sep 4, 2016

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Haha, I'm not rich, but I do earn more than my peers. Mocking Bird I thought we had already agreed to be together and rule the Americas!

How do I go asking out grad students, if they live in Uni and have no social lives?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Actually being a postgrad who's a total shut in is insanely sick and cool imo

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Sweet As Sin posted:

I went on a date and had fun

Your hair color is super rad

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Action Jackson! posted:

I got a bit drunk and took a selfie that I look terrible in but it made me laugh

I do not understand how you could be so mistaken.
It is actually a good selfie, silly goose!

Sweet As Sin posted:

Haha, I'm not rich, but I do earn more than my peers. Mocking Bird I thought we had already agreed to be together and rule the Americas!

How do I go asking out grad students, if they live in Uni and have no social lives?

A lot of them will use OKCupid. Also they do have somewhat stilted social lives, you can find such in bars. But really, scour the cafes and academic libraries and look for people intent on their work, clearly extremely low in self esteem, probably poorly dressed although in a more "mature" way than undergrads, if that makes sense.

PS: So glad I graduated, that was not a good time. :gonk:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Absurd Alhazred posted:

scour the cafes and academic libraries and look for people intent on their work, clearly extremely low in self esteem, probably poorly dressed although in a more "mature" way than undergrads

wait! so after I find them, then what do I do

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah if they are actually working and are like me, they'll tell me to gently caress off!

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
As a poor graduate student who rarely interacts with humans that aren't my roommates or students, I appreciate subtle cues from women like "Hey, come with me. I want to do things to your face and maybe body."

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

i am the bird posted:

As a poor graduate student who rarely interacts with humans that aren't my roommates or students, I appreciate subtle cues from women like "Hey, come with me. I want to do things to your face and maybe body."

This really served me well in grad school but now people just think I'm weird and slutty

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

i am the bird posted:

Right

My one tip is do not ask them how the work is going because it's never well

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

This works horrible in the reverse btw.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I hope you all are having a nice day and maybe also night if you are in another half of the world! :)

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

i am the bird posted:

I cannot ever do that. My way of flirting is scowling at them and never show interest unless they say they like me for whatever reason.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sweet As Sin posted:

I cannot ever do that. My way of flirting is scowling at them and never show interest unless they say they like me for whatever reason.

Oh, that is no way to attract the reclusive Graduate Student! You will have to settle for people with higher social awareness and libido.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Road trippin!

e: edited to mark out personal info. Thanks, Flipperwaldt!

10 Beers has a new favorite as of 23:36 on Sep 4, 2016

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

THAT TONGUE THO

Mocking Bird has a new favorite as of 23:31 on Sep 4, 2016

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Dog pic. His original family never trimmed his nails, so check them suckers out. The vet has been grinding them down slowly but for now the pup is just tap dancing away on our hardwood floor. He's peeping at a squirrel on a nearby fence here.

Also, I just got a haircut but have still not learned how to take good (and/or smile for) selfies:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

i am the bird posted:

Dog pic. His original family never trimmed his nails, so check them suckers out. The vet has been grinding them down slowly but for now the pup is just tap dancing away on our hardwood floor. He's peeping at a squirrel on a nearby fence here.

Also, I just got a haircut but have still not learned how to take good (and/or smile for) selfies:

You are both lovely and majestic :3:

Your hair is real good

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

i am the bird posted:

You look like Peter Parker in Captain America: Civil War. This is not meant to be insulting.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, that is no way to attract the reclusive Graduate Student! You will have to settle for people with higher social awareness and libido.

On the other hand...

:shrug:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh hey my marriage in a nutshell!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Got to wear fall stuff today!

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Cheer up unhappy goon grad students, someday you'll be a postdoc like me and everything will be great!

just kidding, you will still pray for death

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aschlafly posted:

Cheer up unhappy goon grad students, someday you'll be a postdoc like me and everything will be great!

Transitioning into industry is the actual right cure to grad school woes, if you can pull that off. My smarter friends even did it before graduating! :v:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Aschlafly posted:

Man it takes me like 30 minutes every morning to achieve that texture you jerk

Some days are more successful than others. I ended up just blowing mine wavy today rather than deal with the curl.

I left after my masters and haven't looked back, but the book I contributed to is getting published this year!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My hair used to be easily fabuloused, but I think the water here is bad and also it's too long. Maybe time to cut it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
you could just stop washing your hair and then you'll achieve that texture in no minutes every morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
you know what, that sounds really un-chill and I feel the opposite of good about it.