Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Is the guild mostly hardcore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Silhouette Wires posted:

Is the guild mostly hardcore?

Quite opposite. Hardly anyone plays hc, especially now that hc doesn't have separate challenges.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Oh good news then. Can I get an invite on WragstoWitches

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

If you're leveling with Flameblast should I use make a scepter +gems recipe or an applicable essence?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

SeemsGood GGG balance team. SeemsGood

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

don't worry, very few players will ever see it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

jesus christ

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006

Holy poo poo. That plus legacy reach.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Goddamn. Also that sword seemed good before I noticed it has an extra 90+ flat life, just because.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I think the sword is kinda boring because of mods like that, looks like they just went 'okay everyone name something strong we can put on a big sword'

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I like it.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
You would think that is the best with Essense League.

You're wrong though, this is:

http://imgur.com/a/kixOI

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

TheRat posted:

Alternative to Oro's for flicker? But how to scale dmg without hatred etc. I guess scale up poison and run Vuln?

Really pushing the hybrid defense thing here, some iron will caster seems most likely beneficiary but I don't know that you'd get enough out of it to make it worthwhile.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 4, 2016

bummer cars
Apr 3, 2009
Can I get a guild invite for arktheherald?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Could I also get an invite for Shibbytoo/Shibbeath? Done.

Dackel fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 4, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

meanwhile Im trying to make that tanky bow build that was posted earlier, levelling up with earthquake and getting creamed. Not sure how to proceed.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What are the current go-to builds? Is Bladefall Mine still stupidly powerful and/or cheap?

Last time I played with Rat's EA build and it rocked but I want something new.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Can I get an invite on my char QueebSC? thanks!

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Just what I need for Funpocalypse.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

This works with flask effect btw, so if you have 50% increased you get a third extra one.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Is a trapper Shadow newbie friendly at all? I liked D2 assassin trappers and the game fantasy of bunkering into a position and luring enemies into death zones.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Just swapped to using Quill Rain EA in the mid 40s. Is it supposed to feel like poo poo vs bosses or am I just spoiled by flameblast?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

a medical mystery posted:

Is a trapper Shadow newbie friendly at all? I liked D2 assassin trappers and the game fantasy of bunkering into a position and luring enemies into death zones.

Ice trap shadow is stupid easy. Throw traps -> explode dudes. Only problem you might have is that one of the key parts of the build is locked behind 4 ascendancy points. But you can always just outlevel that stuff :v:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

gonadic io posted:

This works with flask effect btw, so if you have 50% increased you get a third extra one.

Bruh.....

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

gonadic io posted:

Pathfinder so drat op this league

Hauki
May 11, 2010

voltron lion force posted:

Pathfinder so drat op this league
Yea, they were already absurd but every new flask adds some other ridiculous ability.

Elentor posted:

What are the current go-to builds? Is Bladefall Mine still stupidly powerful and/or cheap?

Last time I played with Rat's EA build and it rocked but I want something new.

Blade fall mine specifically got hit kinda hard but is still technically functional. Trap is probably better now, I wouldn't really know.

I'm thinking about doing bf traps myself now though since I'm really not digging whispering ice. Like I know my gear is poo poo but I've at least got the fake 7L up and running and I'm just not really digging the play style or the not being able to see any ground effects/telegraphs ever, at all.

Also RIP Zana, I leveled her to 5 and I guess that was a huge loving mistake because no matter what I've unlocked on atlas, I haven't been able to buy a map from her since she was level 2.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man, going from Elementalist to Trickster is quite the difference in leveling experience. Elementalist ascendancies all felt really meh while leveling and really come into their own once you're around end-game (though I guess Shaper of Desolation is improved a bit now at least). Meanwhile Shade Form is just bananas when you pick it up in Cruel since it's a flat defense boost. I still have Life on most of my gear and my chest has no ES yet I still have higher ES than Life because of that poo poo.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Around what level should I be running the Labyrinth on normal? Izaro just flattened me the first fight even with dodging around as much as possible at level 34 as a bow user.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Do I actually need to have gems like reckoning/vengeance on my hotbar or is it enough to have them equipped? They seem to trigger either way, but I'm seeing videos of people giving them a hotbar slot anyway.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 4, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Do I actually need to have gems like reckoning/vengeance on my hotbar or is it enough to have them equipped? They seem to trigger either way, but I'm seeing videos of people giving them a hotbar slot anyway.

nah you dont need to have any passive skills or auras on your bar, if people keep them on there its to see the cooldown or more likely too lazy to take them off

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Invite Decaybae please, checking this new jazz out...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=98473

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Is there a build guide somewhere for this pathfinder BV build people are using? The poo poo I was trying is not working, stuck at level 53 and can't progress due to lack of dps.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Mo_Steel posted:

Around what level should I be running the Labyrinth on normal? Izaro just flattened me the first fight even with dodging around as much as possible at level 34 as a bow user.

I usually finish up the difficulty first, then look around to craft some upgrades - had an easy time with that this league what with Essences and such - before going in. Didn't have any trouble first try on Normal even though I was actually dying quite a lot in late A3 - mid A4. Definite build low-point for me, that part.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Mince Pieface posted:

Is there a build guide somewhere for this pathfinder BV build people are using? The poo poo I was trying is not working, stuck at level 53 and can't progress due to lack of dps.

I've been using this as a guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634532/page/1

In the 60s now and no problems.

prince_kahleeb
Jul 14, 2004
Posting for a guild invite for CrookedHillaryRotten

Thanks!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
God I love how crazy a new league economy is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitbreak
Jun 20, 2005
Could I get an invite to the guild? Steam id is anderslarsson86

• Locked thread