Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Lobok posted:

Welp, that was my one ride on the back of an ant I can use per day. Guess you're stuck using public transportation!

Looks like Newspaper Marvel uses D&D rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Lobok posted:

Instagram account classic_batman_panels has a great one up today:

That summary is off.

In the particular issue those panels came from, Batman blames Superman for letting an alien supervillain posing as an Aztec god escape.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Calaveron posted:

Reminder that the Newspaper Spider-Man Spiderverse was the one spiderverse Morlun wouldn't mess with because it was too pure and innocent

I thought it was because time was hosed and it took whole weeks to accomplish anything?

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 4, 2016

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

I thought was because time was hosed and it took whole weeks to accomplish anything?

That's how I read it as well

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Morlun was frustrated because of the time fuckery, he was pulled out of the universe and told that the timeline was unstable by the webspinner, who was lying to protect the pure and innocent newspaperverse.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Looks like Newspaper Marvel uses D&D rules.

So Scott's a Chaotic Good Antomancer?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gaz-L posted:

So Scott's a Chaotic Good Antomancer?

Instead of super powers, in the newspaper-verse Peter Parker is a jumplomancer.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lobok posted:

Welp, that was my one ride on the back of an ant I can use per day. Guess you're stuck using public transportation!

:confused: Isn't the issue that Ant-man can't shrink Spider-man down to ride the ant with him?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

:confused: Isn't the issue that Ant-man can't shrink Spider-man down to ride the ant with him?

comics ant man can shrink all the poo poo he wants, but movie ant man can only shrink himself.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Newspaper Spider-Man is a weird mix of all kinds of stuff, the Spider-Man 3 movie is canon to this strip. I'll buy that Ant-Man can't shrink Peter.

Or he's being a dick.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Veotax posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man is a weird mix of all kinds of stuff, the Spider-Man 3 movie is canon to this strip. I'll buy that Ant-Man can't shrink Peter.

Or he's being a dick.

Wait. Are you serious? :stare:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I don't know nothing about no cannons, I just calls it like I reads it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Doc Hawkins posted:

No, it's that Peter dresses up like a spider and Scott knows his ant buddies are not okay with that.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Veotax posted:

Or he's being a dick.

Considering all we've seen of Newspaper Ant-Man so far, I'm leaning towards the latter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he got there before spiderman, so he knows spiderman didn't wreck the place and he knows who spiderman is. scott only punched him because that is what everyone does to greet him.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It makes no sense that Scott would have rode an ant there, because even with wings it'd take so much longer to travel much distance that it'd be completely useless. So he is definitely just loving with Peter.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

No, see his car is parked in the adjacent lot. He rode the ant to the lab from his car. So technically his statement was correct. :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Look, if it's either fly across the city on a tiny insect who will take ages to get there or dealing with New York traffic, I'll take the ant.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Maybe insects give Newspaper Spider-Man the jumpin' willies.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Peter ate the ant

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Dexie posted:

Wait. Are you serious? :stare:

There was a story line where Pete decided to check-in on Sandman after he retired from crime with a caption box saying something like "As seen in the hit movie Spider-Man 3!".

Worth nothing that this wasn't a tie-in to the movie around release or anything, it was years later. Maybe even after the first Amazing Spider-Man movie, I don't remember exactly how long ago it was.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Veotax posted:

There was a story line where Pete decided to check-in on Sandman after he retired from crime with a caption box saying something like "As seen in the hit movie Spider-Man 3!".

Worth nothing that this wasn't a tie-in to the movie around release or anything, it was years later. Maybe even after the first Amazing Spider-Man movie, I don't remember exactly how long ago it was.

The Spider-Man comic is weird as hell about it's tie ins, because it just came off a Dr. Strange storyline and now it's doing Ant-Man, and it's like...that's not even close.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And the last time we had a non-tie in it was loving Clown 9. :allears:

He wasnt a supervillain or anything, Spidey just lost a fight with an ordinary clown.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 4, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Iron Hitler was also not a tie in.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
of course it wasn't a tie in. rather, it was an utter delight on every conceivable level.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Senior Woodchuck posted:

There have, but from back when the strip debuted in the '70s.

Is 70s Newspaper Spidey as crazy awesome as current Newspaper Spidey?

If so sign me up.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

SynthOrange posted:

And the last time we had a non-tie in it was loving Clown 9. :allears:

He wasnt a supervillain or anything, Spidey just lost a fight with an ordinary clown.

Clown 9 was the greatest hero of our age :buddy:

Buckets fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 5, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Panels 4, 6, and 8 are 100% prime avatar material.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I like panel 2. All the even number panels are great. Something something, Star Trek movies.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Some discussion in the movie thread reminded me of some 60s Namor lovin' from Daredevil #7--way back.

Namor shows up in Manhattan, and he wants to sue the surface world! The only problem? He can't figure out hi tech human contraptions, like doors.

You'd think this was a one-off joke, but I promise that we are about to be treated to three straight pages of Namor being utterly helpless when he needs to enter or exit a room. Let's see what happens EXACTLY 60 SECONDS LATER:

Has he figured this door thing out yet? How will ever be able to leave the offices of Nelson & Murdock, Attorneys at Law?

Ah.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You know that Namor knows exactly what he's doing there.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Namor always takes the most :smug: as possible option.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You'll note that he understands exactly how an elevator works. He knows it's behind those doors, he knows it's a car that moves between floors, and he knows that pulling on that cable will bring it down. He just refuses to push the button, wait for the doors to open, or wait for the car to descend on its own. Namor has no time for such nonsense. :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's Namor's world, we're just livin in it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mover posted:

Some discussion in the movie thread reminded me of some 60s Namor lovin' from Daredevil #7--way back.

Namor shows up in Manhattan, and he wants to sue the surface world! The only problem? He can't figure out hi tech human contraptions, like doors.

You'd think this was a one-off joke, but I promise that we are about to be treated to three straight pages of Namor being utterly helpless when he needs to enter or exit a room. Let's see what happens EXACTLY 60 SECONDS LATER:

Has he figured this door thing out yet? How will ever be able to leave the offices of Nelson & Murdock, Attorneys at Law?

Ah.

Honestly, Johnny Storm should have let him be a mindless hobo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm reminded of those panels of Dr. Doom refusing to use doors. Apparently Namor was a trendsetter.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

WickedHate posted:

It's Namor's world, we're just livin in it.

On it. He ain't Emperor of the Deeps for nothin

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I bet he has a :krad: Atlantean night club where they use subterranean tremors as bass and those deep sea neon fish swim around just outside the dome

gus rules ok
Aug 2, 2016

Mover posted:

Ah.

Sure, it's possible Namor hasn't realized that Matt is blind, but I choose to believe he's just being an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

mind the walrus posted:

I bet he has a :krad: Atlantean night club where they use subterranean tremors as bass and those deep sea neon fish swim around just outside the dome

Nah, Namor is the type of pretentious where he only listens to operas sung at a frequency Land ears can't hear.