Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Really tasty hot sauce. It has the same flavor base as sriracha but they replaced the red chilis with jalapenos, roasted tomatillo, and a little habanero. They have similar thickness/consistency but it's a bit spicier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

This has turned out to be the best coffee cup I've ever owned, but only because my zojirushi cups require a bottle brush to clean properly.

Kristneder
Jul 21, 2006

:siren:This is my first post.:siren:
Just ordered a pair of these. Looking forward to not having wires all over the place.

(Jlab Epic 2 Wireless)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Kristneder posted:

Just ordered a pair of these. Looking forward to not having wires all over the place.

(Jlab Epic 2 Wireless)
Had these for about 5 months, here are my protips: Use the basic black round tips (these things come with 6 different tip types and they all suck at isolating except the standard one). Also the over ear wire has to be bent out laterally a bit or the buds will work their way out of your ears. Lastly, I wear them with the cable under my chin not behind my head because it tends to stick to your skin when you turn your head.

That said, they sound great and the range is amazing. Congrats.

Kristneder
Jul 21, 2006

:siren:This is my first post.:siren:

LifeSunDeath posted:

Had these for about 5 months, here are my protips: Use the basic black round tips (these things come with 6 different tip types and they all suck at isolating except the standard one). Also the over ear wire has to be bent out laterally a bit or the buds will work their way out of your ears. Lastly, I wear them with the cable under my chin not behind my head because it tends to stick to your skin when you turn your head.

That said, they sound great and the range is amazing. Congrats.

Thanks for the tips! How is the battery life working out for you? Do you actually get the 12 hours they claim?
I have high hopes for these, shipping and customs included these come in at about 240usd.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Kristneder posted:

Thanks for the tips! How is the battery life working out for you? Do you actually get the 12 hours they claim?
I have high hopes for these, shipping and customs included these come in at about 240usd.

The life is around 12 hours but since i only use them an hour at a time not sure really, seems like I never have to charge them. drat, that's 2x what I paid!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

KingColliwog posted:

because you used the wrong link. They changed how to get the "share link"

So how do you get the share link? I looked but cannot find it. Why do sites think it is good to make it harder to do stuff that just worked?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Trastion posted:

So how do you get the share link? I looked but cannot find it. Why do sites think it is good to make it harder to do stuff that just worked?

Imgur is just trying to make some dollars

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Kristneder posted:

(Jlab Epic 2 Wireless)

I have a pair. They are good when they work, but pretty awful at working.

Mine discharge when they're off. I can listen to music for at least 4 hours in a day, but if I don't plug them in to charge when I get home they discharge themselves and I'll get maybe 20mins the next day.

I also used to get a great connection on them. But now I can't walk with them in and my phone in any of my pockets without the audio cutting out every time I take a left-step.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I had the Epic and Epic2 and both had terrible bluetooth range. Like I had to keep my phone right next to it to work. If I put it in my bag or even my pockets it would constantly cut out.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Horse Clocks posted:

I have a pair. They are good when they work, but pretty awful at working.

Mine discharge when they're off. I can listen to music for at least 4 hours in a day, but if I don't plug them in to charge when I get home they discharge themselves and I'll get maybe 20mins the next day.

I also used to get a great connection on them. But now I can't walk with them in and my phone in any of my pockets without the audio cutting out every time I take a left-step.

oh dear, i hope mine don't start getting lovely.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

canon ef-s 17-55mm f/2.8 is usm and hood for my holidays

7D has been neglected and this seems to be THE walk around lens. So fingers crossed!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

And some machine work on this...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That shirt is hideous and I want it!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

That shirt is hideous and I want it!

That was my thought about it too (I have the LttP one also :v: ). http://www.verycoolshirtz.com/products

Olympic Mathlete has a new favorite as of 21:52 on Sep 2, 2016

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

A painting by a goon, it's so colorful in person I love it.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

KMC makes nice bike chains... and that is a v. awesome streets of rage soundtrack.

What is the metal fan thing??

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Spacers. Machined to precise thicknesses to make sure engine gaps are within tolerance.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Trastion posted:

Took me a while too the first time around. If you hover on the image, on the top right a little arrow going down will appear and you can find "share links" in the menu it will open if you click on it and then get the good one.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mostly just loads of food. These 2 restaurants being the standouts.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

I got a thing.

2016 Impreza Sport. I'm not a car person at all, but drat this is a nice car. I wanted the dark blue, but it only comes in the cream interior, what the gently caress Subaru.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Myrmidongs posted:

I got a thing.

2016 Impreza Sport. I'm not a car person at all, but drat this is a nice car. I wanted the dark blue, but it only comes in the cream interior, what the gently caress Subaru.

Hawt! Did you get one with Eyesight?

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

I did. I have the adaptive cruise control which is actually pretty nice, as well as a lane departure warning (but I do not have the one that actually nudges your wheel for you back into your lane). It also has collision avoidance and will brake for me, though I don't really want to test that out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm about to buy a cheap taco salad.
Wish me luck.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Inzombiac posted:

Wish me luck.

I bought a typically priced steak super burrito. It was salty, but delicious.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Got me some new drumsticks.

Zidjian Trilok Gurtu signature models. They're really nice and responsive and the notch in the grip is pretty cool, keeps from sliding your hand around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Inzombiac posted:

Wish me luck.

Trip report:
The taco salad was delicious, reasonably priced and the shell was fresh.
A+ hangover food.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bape Culture posted:

Mostly just loads of food. These 2 restaurants being the standouts.

That first menu is irritating as hell.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

New books, some finished already:

Temple of the Golden Pavilion was magnificent and now I need to read more Mishima. Blood Meridian was also amazing but I need to read it again to get more out of it and Suddenly a Knock on the Door is a great palate cleanser before I start on Spring Snow.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
New guitar day! :dance:

Yamaha fg730s, with solid spruce top and rosewood fret/body.

And best of all:

condomsNew strings, with an ultra thin coating that make it last 3-5 times longer :quagmire:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Haha whoops.

Looks like drunk me ordered a game mat, dry-erase markers, a huge D20 and other trinkets.

I do not currently play D&D.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

Haha whoops.

Looks like drunk me ordered a game mat, dry-erase markers, a huge D20 and other trinkets.

I do not currently play D&D.

you do now

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

OSU_Matthew posted:

New guitar day! :dance:

Yamaha fg730s, with solid spruce top and rosewood fret/body.

And best of all:

condomsNew strings, with an ultra thin coating that make it last 3-5 times longer :quagmire:

New guitar day is always a good day.

I hated those coated Elixir strings on bass, one of the only sets I removed and threw away well before they were worn out. I got tapewounds next and they're kickass, but I don't know if they make them for guitar.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

That first menu is irritating as hell.

Terrible type choice.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Megabound posted:

Temple of the Golden Pavilion was magnificent and now I need to read more Mishima. Blood Meridian was also amazing but I need to read it again to get more out of it and Suddenly a Knock on the Door is a great palate cleanser before I start on Spring Snow.

I just read both the Temple of the Golden Pavilion and Spring Snow and Spring Snow was really great. Also a much easier read in my opinion. Runaway Horses hasn't been as appealing to me but it's still good I think.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Got tired of my cheap old home theatre in a box giving me poo poo so I went with a... more modern expensive home theatre in a box? Technology has come a long way. Everything's wireless, bluetooth and hassle-free.

Samsung hw-k650 3.1 soundbar and subwoofer, and two Samsung Radiant360 rear speakers for surround sound

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm not sure I could be arsed to charge my surround speakers every time the battery went flat but then I'm super lazy. It's odd to see features like acoustic lenses only just becoming a thing in audio considering B&O had them in speakers 13 years ago, the audio world is usually pretty quick to jump on ideas like that.

How does it all sound?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Some books I can ignore in favour of playing prettier video games.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Phthisis posted:

I just read both the Temple of the Golden Pavilion and Spring Snow and Spring Snow was really great. Also a much easier read in my opinion. Runaway Horses hasn't been as appealing to me but it's still good I think.

Great to hear, I'm debating whether to take the Sea of Fertility series consecutively or have a book gaps in-between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:

peanut- posted:

Some books I can ignore in favour of playing prettier video games.

Hitch is such a loving pleasure to listen to, a true genius.