Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Congrats to Albus Nox on finally making it to Worlds! Can't wait for Kira to piss all over Faker's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
UoL's manager looks like a molester

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Max Coveri posted:

Congrats to Albus Nox on finally making it to Worlds! Can't wait for Kira to piss all over Faker's face.

But for reall gently caress YEAH Go ANX! Psyched to see some Kira, and I hope Likkrit busts out the Brand on the world stage. Loathe as I am to cheer for CIS scum. ;)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jayisspecial posted:

Is Samsung good again? I haven't heard anyone mention them the last two splits but here they are going to Worlds. Apparently Skt is also sneaking in off the back of weak finishes just like CLG? Is this the weakest Korean lineup we have seen going into Worlds or are they expected to slaughter?

Samsung is okay. I have been enjoying them for awhile because Crown was secretly a top five mid in spring and is now too. CuVee has improved a lot but its hard to say where he stands. He's sort of like Iksu, they're just nebulous "somewhere between 5th best and ???? top laners" Their ADC BUNG has turned out to be a super good team fighter and decent laner, and their support Wraith was arguably the best support in LCK this split until he was replaced in desperation in the playoffs with role swapped former Dignitas ADC CoreJJ, who absolutely demolished on his pocket Bard and then showed he can play a few champs competently.

And of course Midkingking.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
all glory to bung

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
found this one on reddit

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gnar's kit is so good for toplane. When hes mini gnar its like facing a teemo but thanks to his transform he is useful in teamfights too. Gnar in meta is much more fun than Maokai though because Gnar seems to be a good mix of carry top and tank so lots of different toplaners can play him.

Although its fun seeing boss Maokai play by Marin or Ssumday most teams just seemed to pick it to leave their toplaner with 0 resources and hope he can teamfight. With Maokai's nerfs and the lane swap meta being over I think its a highly punishable pick but u never know with pro teams as to what they might priotize.

Ekko on the other hand is cancerous, good luck kiting him or killing him through his ult/ga. I wish Gnar/Ekko get small nerfs but that might bring Maokai in the meta the most boring champion ever.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Ulio posted:

I wish Gnar/Ekko get small nerfs but that might bring Maokai in the meta the most boring champion ever.

I believe there's a Gnar nerf on the PBE, so look out for that

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
They should really buff Fiora, Riven and Darius. Those champs make for way more watchable games.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

The Mash posted:

They should really buff Fiora, Riven and Darius. Those champs make for way more watchable games.

💯💯💯💯💯💯

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
The thing about Samsung is, yes, Ambition looked good in the series against KT, but he is hilariously off and on, Cuvee is probably an average LCK toplaner so a pretty good one overall, Crown is good, and I really don't know what's up with their botlane.

I'm happy for midkingking that he got to go to worlds but I don't have high hopes for that team.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

The Mash posted:

:agreed:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The Mash posted:

Just buff darius so my boy dyrus has way better solo q w/l

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Is Darius that watchable? I love the chopman but I'm not sure he has exciting game changer moments like flash gnar ult or perfectly timed ripostes or what have you. Might be better off buffing Sion for exciting rq lockdown plays if you need an AD tank.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Is Darius that watchable? I love the chopman but I'm not sure he has exciting game changer moments like flash gnar ult or perfectly timed ripostes or what have you. Might be better off buffing Sion for exciting rq lockdown plays if you need an AD tank.

stuff like the soaz darius pentakill from last worlds were seriously hype for me at least. i thought he was great fun to watch

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Darius on his own isn't that interesting, but his matchups vs Fiora and Riven are pretty great, though tbf that is largely because Fiora and Riven are two of the most watchable champs in the whole game.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Riven doesn't need any more buffs

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The Mash posted:

Darius on his own isn't that interesting, but his matchups vs Fiora and Riven are pretty great, though tbf that is largely because Fiora and Riven are two of the most watchable champs in the whole game.

That is true, to be fair. Darius has some interesting match ups mostly because a lot of characters lose to him in normal fights but have the tools to win trades by escaping him or dodging his damage. Darius vs Fiora is a huge one because when she uses riposte and how the Darius reacts completely changes that fight, but Darius vs Ekko and Darius vs Renekton are also both interesting because they hinge heavily on how dashes get used and when Darius uses E.

Maybe top Quinn will get popular for those sick post six rotations. :v:

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
As someone who doesn't play league I think it's about time riven, Zed, yasuo, fiora and ahri are all buffed

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
so do I cheer for Splyce or UOL here

I don't know

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm cheering for not another 3-0 stomp

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

2nd rotation red side Taliyah for Splyce, UOL respond with... Renekton

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Yay Renekton!

Kennen is going to destroy him, right? :ohdear:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Firebert posted:

Riven doesn't need any more buffs

Absolutely true. Y'all who are suggesting Riven buffs are loving insane (she just got one on 6.17). Once competitive catches up to the current patches you will probably see Riven picks. This tournament is being played on two patches ago.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
UOL you were doing so well, then you... just exploded

Veritas with some bizarre plays late too

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

Absolutely true. Y'all who are suggesting Riven buffs are loving insane (she just got one on 6.17). Once competitive catches up to the current patches you will probably see Riven picks. This tournament is being played on two patches ago.

If C9 loses, Riven will definitely be at worlds. :v:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm not sure whats so impressive about a flash reksai knockup?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Wuxi posted:

I'm not sure whats so impressive about a flash reksai knockup?

#LCSBigplays!!!!!!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Stop letting Taliyah go through to 4th pick you numbskulls

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i think UOL let taliyah through because exile's best champs are kassadin ryze and vlad in that order

supposedly he's not good at anything else

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

exethan posted:

i think UOL let taliyah through because exile's best champs are kassadin ryze and vlad in that order

supposedly he's not good at anything else

Maybe ban it if you can't play the easiest midlaner ever

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Trashy (Nidalee): team??????????

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you know your pick comp is going well when your mid taliyah is 0/0/0 while you lose everything on the map

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Wuxi posted:

Maybe ban it if you can't play the easiest midlaner ever

i dont think they were concerned with the strange draft of splyce

exile will play kassadin or ryze into anything and do fine

stump collector
May 28, 2007
im with squid i dont think theres any reason to ban taliyah in EU/NALCS unless you're against bjergsen

stump collector
May 28, 2007
alright they banned it despite winning against it

this tk support should be good for a hypercarry pick

edit: TK is a 1.75 TOTAL time to ult, ryze is 2.0, shen is 3.0

i bet you could do some wacky poo poo with TK/ryze ults

stump collector fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 5, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Can someone point me to some perfectly played Taliyah comp somewhere? Bonus points if its not some mindless stomp

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
looool

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wuxi posted:

Can someone point me to some perfectly played Taliyah comp somewhere? Bonus points if its not some mindless stomp

this is a stomp but its not mindless

https://youtu.be/oBapCRfGCEg?t=10735

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
jfc a 3 for 1

• Locked thread