Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The Xbox One somehow gets worse with every update. My brother loving hates Sony for some reason and bought the Kinect edition of One and was a constant apologist for Microsoft claiming they're original idea of traded and lent games having to go through a store would have been great, and he's finally gotten to the point where her is openly bitching about how bad the system is and saying he bought a $30 Roku that basically supplanted it. So congratulate your friend on his $250 Roku with less functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It's really a shame Diddy Kong Racing will never be rereleased on anything.

It's doubly a shame that Diddy Kong Racing DS is an abomination that sucks for reasons not relating whatsoever to removing Microsoft's property. I could see a future in which Diddy Kong Racing DS gets released on the VC, but it's horrible.

EDIT: by the way, I never played the Banjo GBA game, but I hear that's actually pretty solid.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
If the NX has Viva Piņata it will entirely replace the Xbone

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Polo-Rican posted:

I was hoping for some really brutal and genuinely emotionally-damaging insults but thanks anyways friends

no need for dirty fingers here buddy

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I want Viva Pinata x Pokemon. make it about pokemon idols, not that dumb Lisia poo poo, but pokemon concerts

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Polo-Rican posted:

I was hoping for some really brutal and genuinely emotionally-damaging insults but thanks anyways friends

This is the Nintendo thread, friend. We don't really get worked up over systems we'll never own.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

BillmasterCozb posted:

I want Viva Pinata x Pokemon. make it about pokemon idols, not that dumb Lisia poo poo, but pokemon concerts

Like the contests Serena does in the anime?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Dusted off my old 3ds, monster hunter owns, but goddamn it's like pressing your eyeballs up against a flyscreen door

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Polo-Rican posted:

One of my friends just traded in his Wii u for an Xbox one. Please post mean things about him so I can show him your comments (he is not a goon)

Could've gotten a PC with Windows 10 instead I guess. Same as an Xbox One but like you can run Steam on it. And unlike Xbox One, Steam has games.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Patter Song posted:

It's really a shame Diddy Kong Racing will never be rereleased on anything.

It's doubly a shame that Diddy Kong Racing DS is an abomination that sucks for reasons not relating whatsoever to removing Microsoft's property. I could see a future in which Diddy Kong Racing DS gets released on the VC, but it's horrible.

EDIT: by the way, I never played the Banjo GBA game, but I hear that's actually pretty solid.

What was the issue with Diddy King Racing DS? I've only played the original, and loved it. The music in particular was amazing. I found myself humming along to every single track. It was better than Mario Kart 64 which is some pretty high praise because Mario Kart 64 was always my favorite Mario Kart.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

greatn posted:

Like the contests Serena does in the anime?

i do not watch the animes, so i would not know

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

BillmasterCozb posted:

hello yes did sombody say idols

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

BillmasterCozb posted:

i do not watch the animes, so i would not know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9ph9n1Kkw

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

this but without the humans.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

What was the issue with Diddy King Racing DS? I've only played the original, and loved it. The music in particular was amazing. I found myself humming along to every single track. It was better than Mario Kart 64 which is some pretty high praise because Mario Kart 64 was always my favorite Mario Kart.

1. No stick. A DPad is a terrible way to control a racer.
2. Forced stylus integration as the way to get a boost.
3. Replacing the Silver Coun Challenges with a stylus rail shooter.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

viva piñata is so freaking good !!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

greatn posted:

That German site is referring to a joke video they themselves are releasing

For what it's worth, this isn't actually confirmed - the NeoGAF poster who said so didn't offer any evidence, and looking at 10do's FB page, they're still trying to convince people that it's not a hoax or other clickbait.

But it's still most likely a hoax, because really, what are the odds that an obscure fansite would get a scoop like this?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
have they said what it is yet?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The point behind press releases is that they want people to see them, they aren't going to stealth announce poo poo in a Europe only stream.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The latest rumor is that Mario Sports Mix is in fact a cross platform release and an NX launch game as well. Which, yes please.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

greatn posted:

The latest rumor is that Mario Sports Mix is in fact a cross platform release and an NX launch game as well. Which, yes please.

The latest rumor is that Mario is my dad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Statistically, yes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What isn't the NX

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kashuno posted:

What isn't the NX

im not the nx, so check that off

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The NX is actually a more potent version of the VX gas. Nintendo isn't going to get back their customers, they're getting back at them.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

The NX is actually a more potent version of the VX gas. Nintendo isn't going to get back their customers, they're getting back at them.

But I've been so loyal!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
They heard what you said about federation force and color splash.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

They heard what you said about federation force and color splash.

Literally nothing?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what the hell is a nintendo nx? someone tell me they announced it ages ago

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Literally nothing?

All it takes for bad games to succeed is for good people to do nothing.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

if they dont buy bad games, how does the bad game succeed

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

BillmasterCozb posted:

if they dont buy bad games, how does the bad game succeed

By merely existing, the same way that you support terrorism, racism, and global inequality simply by paying your taxes.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

:kiddo: I like that you called me a good person.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Blazing Zero posted:

im not the nx, so check that off

How do you know?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i am not ashamed

I AM NX!!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

#iamnx