Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

should I be holding onto all of these green items I keep getting that require a level 30 character to use when I am not even level 10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TeenageArchipelago posted:

should I be holding onto all of these green items I keep getting that require a level 30 character to use when I am not even level 10?

sell em something better will come along, unless it's like EXACTLY what you want. though i'm only level 12 so ymmv

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

how the gently caress are you guys getting these drops? i played for like 3 hours and got all white dog poo poo that takes 400 clicks to figure out if it's slightly better than the lovely club i was already holding

this game is losing me.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

how the gently caress are you guys getting these drops? i played for like 3 hours and got all white dog poo poo that takes 400 clicks to figure out if it's slightly better than the lovely club i was already holding

this game is losing me.

sounds like you're just having really terrible luck, though i got both of my really good hammers from named mobs taht were the goal of sidequests. also don't forget to run into every cave / tomb you see, i got some good stuff by opening the dozens of sepulchres outside the Spartan camp and stuff

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I remember I had the most fun with this game playing with a game hack software that I adjusted XP gain to like 1.75x and loot drops to 2x or something. The neat thing about loot drops in this game is that the enemies are using the loot that would drop so you can actually make the game sort of harder in a way by cranking up the MF multiplier.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

I remember I had the most fun with this game playing with a game hack software that I adjusted XP gain to like 1.75x and loot drops to 2x or something. The neat thing about loot drops in this game is that the enemies are using the loot that would drop so you can actually make the game sort of harder in a way by cranking up the MF multiplier.

i'm going to play vanilla for a bit, and then might switch over to this. i generally like ARPGs, but i think they should all be more generous with interesting loot than they usually are.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The actual amount of loot is kinda small so don't go crazy with it or you'll be liable to see every possible item but adjusting it a little bit can be fun and you can probably make other adjustments to compliment it and make it harder too. The program has been out for years so who knows what's in it at this point.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ruuhp. Peuah. Huah. Bupp. (generic sounding atk/hit noises continue for 45 seconds)

Nice. Got me another 4cm of XP and a floor full of white loot. Swag

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though I'm not sure if it works with the update because they added the cheat prevention or whatever they were talking about.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ruuhp. Peuah. Huah. Bupp. (generic sounding atk/hit noises continue for 45 seconds)

lol

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

it wont help much with the bad luck but you can hit 'x' and the game filters out anything thats not a yellow at least

saves you time

a autopicks up any talismans, gold, or potions

e and r are energy and health potion autouse

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 5, 2016

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my only problem with this game is how long it seems to take to level up, generally.....played for 5 hours and im level 12, which seems a little longer than diablo. it's not too bad tho

Sharkopath posted:

it wont help much with the bad luck but you can hit 'x' and the game filters out anything thats not a yellow at least

saves you time

a autopicks up any talismans, gold, or potions

e and r are energy and health potion autouse

also as far as i can tell you cannot rebind these. i keep accidentally hitting E instead of W when i'm trying to pull out my bow

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

it looks like there is an editor out there, but I can't seem to find it. anyone know anything about that?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol word

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

just got to Apollo's Temple in delphi and there is a person there who lets you reallocate skill points for gold. i'm level 13 so its pretty early

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frog Act posted:

my only problem with this game is how long it seems to take to level up, generally.....played for 5 hours and im level 12, which seems a little longer than diablo. it's not too bad tho

also as far as i can tell you cannot rebind these. i keep accidentally hitting E instead of W when i'm trying to pull out my bow

I rebound them. It just doesn't show on the hud.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah the default magic find in the game is pretty drat low, it's like diablo 2 where you're expected to re-run key areas and bosses over and over for powerful items. people forget how unforgiving d2's loot was by default

no shame in cranking it up a little bit if you're not into reruns, but as wormskull said if you do like 5x+ you will start seeing the same uniques over and over in the early game lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres a boss in a3 with a spawnpoint like right outside of it, very easy boss and the mobs themselves carry high level weapon and stuff. 2 majestic chests guaranteed, usually with several bonus chests. must've ran him like 20 times only seeing a single green so i looked up the editor lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is the all time worst genre of game in my opinion.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ran into a lame bug. i went to delphi before collecting the sacred olive branch for the side quest, and now i can't present the olive branch at the temple of apollo. apparently this just happens sometimes and theres no way around it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

This is the all time worst genre of game in my opinion.

gotta scratch the loot itch

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so for Warfare/Nature I should largely be investing in Strength and Intelligence right? Or does dex have some bearing on dual-wielding? also, should i give up hope of using a bow in a useful way and just use my alt weapon set for a defensive shield thing?

i'm doing pretty good but i get owned by heroic monsters every once in awhile and i'm not sure whether its better to run around and drink potions/self heal like i have been, or switch to a shield

ed: also i'm not entirely sure what the dual wielding ability description means

"Learn to effectively dual wield weapons. 22% chance to be used."

does that mean that like 1/4th of my attacks are double damage? i seem to hit more than that

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 6, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

strength is for using armor+weapons and physical damage, dex improves your accuracy+crit chance and dodge chance+crit resist. int only improves elemental damage and mana regen which you won't be using much if you have a melee focus

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the dual wield chance is a chance to strike with both weapons very quickly, you see it come out every now and then

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

the dual wield chance is a chance to strike with both weapons very quickly, you see it come out every now and then

ah, okay. so i'm usually alternating weapons, but i have a 22% chance to hit with both. i'm actually liking this build, with high strength/dex and a cool wolf i've been double hammering through stuff with that warfare stacking buff attack. i'd like a few more active spells and stuff, but if i put some more points in the nature tree down the way, i guess i'll get a few. the poison stuff looks good

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I just remembered I got the original game in some bundle years ago and now I'm playing the updated version, storm mastery is cool and skills that buff your basic attacks are cool.

qnqnx fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 6, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah poison is also a lot better since undead can actually be hurt and debuffed by it, before undead and mechs were just absolutely immune but now they just have resists to it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Mechs????

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Automatons*

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Automatons*

Ah poo poo. I was about to cum

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

Ah poo poo. I was about to cum

in nightmare mode there's a gundam sized mechanical gladiator that breathes fire in athens

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i went warfare/nature. having a wolf is tight but it does sh*t damage. is there a way to get some bigger numbers on it

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

There's items that buff pet damage but I don't have a pet so I don't know if they're good, but even yellows can have them not just named stuff. "Beast master" necklaces and rings aren't that rare.

I get a steady stream of yellow and better quality but so far every blue weapon is a bow and I'm fricking sick of it!!! Gimme a loving hammer or axe right nyeow!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

Gimme a loving hammer or axe right nyeow!

stop posting here

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

act 4 is really not loving around everything hacks off chunks of my health lol. i had to respec to sword n board for some extra defense and health, found a badass shield with +20% atk speed anyway

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the AOE stun warfare gets becomes really necessary to, just to stop everything from immediately murdering you. just 1 point gives you a very useful defensive spell

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

at least a lot of class combos give you access to that stuff

spirit has a fear that debuffs enemies and makes them run, hunter gives you decoys, warrior has the horn, storm has the lightningball

pyros not the same but eventually stone form does fire retaliation

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
if i upgrade a weapon with 3 out of 3 types of an essence, then does it make it into an unique weapon? i've put two fire upgrades on my spear, and it's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Playing this just made me want to try Grim Dawn again

• Locked thread