Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

I didn't know who K.C. Green was, so I thought it was a chick. Thank you for elucidating, thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope this paves the way for KC to finally embrace Dickbutt and do one for a Dickbutt plushie

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Link your smartphone to your belt for some reason

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/747005876/welt-the-smart-belt-for-fashion-and-health?ref=category

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

can i get one in 70 inches?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

brb. i'm gonna kickstart ice. maybe ice, but with bitcoin.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Browsing through the technology section of Kickstarter, I found the projects of Sam Viner, an inventor with a strategy of gluing poo poo together, including "Smart 2-in-1 I-PHONE HANDLE/WALLETtm", a wallet case for your phone with a Velcro strap glued on, "MIRACLE 7 DAYs pills+vitamins WATER Combo PILL'sMINDER", a couple of medicine cases with a tiny water bottle glued on, and "TRAFFIC AID Vibra-Brace", a vibrator with a hairband glued on to keep you awake while driving.

I also found an infinite energy source, which is a bargain at only $215,000, or 70,000 croissants. I think they're on the right track, look at all the progress they've made:

quote:

ALL was just a wooden lever until a short time ago, but with months of studies we added more components and now with your help it can be an effective alternative to the known renewable energies.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Gann Jerrod posted:

I also found an infinite energy source, which is a bargain at only $215,000, or 70,000 croissants. I think they're on the right track, look at all the progress they've made:

That four-second video with the LED is loving amazing. :allears:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Aten, The World's First Interstellar Space Vehicle

quote:

Imagine space vehicles that do not use engines, can travel to space in a fraction of the time it currently takes, and the ability to travel outside of the galaxy. Sound like a movie? Well, now it's a reality...

This kickstarter is amazing. They are asking for $25,000 to build a spacecraft that will fundamentally change how humans view space travel and it's so matter of fact and professionally put together despite being completely insane. Do yourself a favour and watch the video.

Bizarrely, at the end of the project they say they are actually raising this money to fund a convention with David Icke as a guest speaker so I don't know why they didn't make that the focus of the project, they'd probably make their target if they had done that.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Gann Jerrod posted:

I love stumbling across people's "free energy devices" so that I can immediately say why they're bullshit and don't actually work. I think this one should be sufficiently self-explanatory though. Also, I love how their kickstarter is for them to build a "prototype." I guess when actual investors call you a moron, go find folks who actually are morons.

edit:

cyberia posted:

This kickstarter is amazing. They are asking for $25,000 to build a spacecraft that will fundamentally change how humans view space travel and it's so matter of fact and professionally put together despite being completely insane. Do yourself a favour and watch the video.

Bizarrely, at the end of the project they say they are actually raising this money to fund a convention with David Icke as a guest speaker so I don't know why they didn't make that the focus of the project, they'd probably make their target if they had done that.
Speaking of bullshit that doesn't actually work. Just for shits and giggles, I just looked at the three things they're basing their device off of. Tesla's "UFO" is an insane misapplication of gyroscopic motion, at least from the writings we have available, though it seems he implied that the gyroscopic forces would've simply been a fortunate byproduct. The gravitational forcefield patent might theoretically work, but it leans very hard on some very fringe quantum physics, and would require an impractically massive power source. Funnily enough, the patent for an actual flying saucer is the most sane and feasible thing there, since it's basically a helicopter built into a flying saucer-shaped body.

LogicalFallacy has a new favorite as of 09:23 on Sep 5, 2016

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

cyberia posted:

More than 20 years too late. Jean-Claude Ladrat already built and flew his saucer in the 90's

I really wish someone could sub this documentary in english because it's pure gold. Here you can see the interior of the saucer and the mom explaining how the method of propolsion of the saucer is "paranormally, with the mind" and how "the earth isn't round as we believe, it's a triangle".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHJ1HL4eMLQ&t=690s

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

More than 20 years too late. Jean-Claude Ladrat already built and flew his saucer in the 90's

I really wish someone could sub this documentary in english because it's pure gold. Here you can see the interior of the saucer and the mom explaining how the method of propolsion of the saucer is "paranormally, with the mind" and how "the earth isn't round as we believe, it's a triangle".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHJ1HL4eMLQ&t=690s

I think it's the episode where they have a bird and mom keeps their previous dead birds in the freezer in ziploc bags.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

unpacked robinhood posted:

I think it's the episode where they have a bird and mom keeps their previous dead birds in the freezer in ziploc bags.

It is indeed

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh good, Oton is back. It's pretty much an OUYA but it procedurally generates new game levels for you. Pretty sure this is the fourth time they've tried to pull this bullshit.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qquip/oton-x-the-first-artificial-intelligent-game-conso

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lodin posted:

Oh good, Oton is back. It's pretty much an OUYA but it procedurally generates new game levels for you. Pretty sure this is the fourth time they've tried to pull this bullshit.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/qquip/oton-x-the-first-artificial-intelligent-game-conso

Of all the times to bring it back, it's hard to think of a worse one than doing it right after a hugely hyped game based on procedural generation turned out to be dogshit and reminded everyone why expecting procedural generation to make a game good and interesting is a bad idea.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't get it. Why would you need 30 randomly generated levels per minute? There are already tonnes of indie rogue-lite platformers and other games with randomly generated levels, and they work perfectly fine on existing consoles and PC, so why do you need a new console not even for those specific games but for off-brand Marios and knock-off Spelunkies?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Paladinus posted:

I don't get it. Why would you need 30 randomly generated levels per minute? There are already tonnes of indie rogue-lite platformers and other games with randomly generated levels, and they work perfectly fine on existing consoles and PC, so why do you need a new console not even for those specific games but for off-brand Marios and knock-off Spelunkies?

Those are randomly generated. I want things that are procedurally generated. With emergent gameplay derived from radiant quests.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Those are randomly generated. I want things that are procedurally generated. With emergent gameplay derived from radiant quests.

Okay, a small correction. Technically, levels in Binding of Isaac, Spelunky, and other games are procedurally generated, although everyone calls it random generation, as in there's a random component to it. Truly randomly generation would be if it could produce a level where all object are located in one point and you die on spawn.

But I get what you're saying. They want money from people who've never heard of rogue-lite games.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

On one hand, having a fitness tracker hidden in a belt is kind of clever. No obvious fitbit or whatever on your wrist. On the other hand when you're exercising you aren't going to be wearing a belt. The circumference tracking is such a pointless feature. Bitch, I know when I've lost or gained a hole on my belt.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The only belt I wear when I exercise is the WWE Championship Belt and I dare anybody to take this away from me and put a computer in it.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Germstore posted:

On the other hand when you're exercising you aren't going to be wearing a belt.

That won't really be a problem for the kind of people likely to buy a fitness tracker belt from kickstarter.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/peak-design/the-everyday-backpack-tote-and-sling

Almost five million have been raised to fund a camera backpack. It's smaller and more expensive than any similarly sized backpack made by established photography brands.

There's literally no reason why you should get this instead of, you know, any other bag you'd get on Amazon for a fraction of the price.

Edit. A girl I know is getting the most expensive one. Not only is she not a photographer, but she also doesn't own a camera..
I wonder if that's their core demographic

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Non Serviam posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/peak-design/the-everyday-backpack-tote-and-sling

Almost five million have been raised to fund a camera backpack. It's smaller and more expensive than any similarly sized backpack made by established photography brands.

There's literally no reason why you should get this instead of, you know, any other bag you'd get on Amazon for a fraction of the price.

Edit. A girl I know is getting the most expensive one. Not only is she not a photographer, but she also doesn't own a camera..
I wonder if that's their core demographic

Thats exactly their demographic. Every kickstarter re-sells something that already exists and is created by the people that would need such a thing but sold to the masses like the solution to the problem they never had

someone here said it first, but kickstarter has become the "as seen on TV" shopping sensation but young millennials still havent wrapped their heads around the fact everything they're pre-ordering is completely absolutely unnecessary

ya i need my phone to plug into my belt

ya i need a counter top device that prints 1/16th of an inch thick pancakes that look like the eifel tower

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hows that tortilla pod thing doing anyways?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Madcosby posted:

hows that tortilla pod thing doing anyways?

Fully funded.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1104354043/the-artisan-tortilla-maker

For gently caress's sake.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

is that really a single serve pod based machine for making loving tortillas ??

jesus loving white people

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

mrwuss posted:

They also can't make the proper thickness, so the ones you get will be really small but also weirdly thick.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Yeah it's a double thick 6 inch tortilla so it's pretty clear that they wanted to make 8 inch tortillas but couldn't figure it out.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mrwuss posted:

I like the comments from true believers:

quote:

I would love to see other types of flat breads that the machine can make from other parts of the world and can utilize different types of flours as well. Such as papadum or even lefse just to name a few.

its an overpriced toaster oven with one setting: Bake the exact contents of their pods. Hope you like semi-soft papadum!

quote:

Can't wait to enjoy fresh tortillas in 2017. It won't get here quick enough. I've been watching this since early 2014. Glad I have mine on order.

Wish I could see the full list of pod flavors. And get an idea of prices. I believe they have to be refrigerated, so do they have to be overnighted?

Also interested in seeing how the pod is opened and emptied when placed in the pod drawer.

This guy has been looking for solutions for tortillas since 2014. He knows 2017 will be a great year

commenter daniel alex chimes in:

quote:

Each pod is 79 cents? So to have a BBQ for 15 people, the tortilla budget is going to be around $32? That means that you're charging roughly $17 a pound for water and flour. At these prices you should be giving the actual maker away since you clearly plan on making your money by gouging your customers on overpriced pods.

shut up, daniel

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

just buy a loving pack of tortillas like everyone else does

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Store tortillas are poo poo but that machine ain't the solution.

Back my kickstarter it's like uber but for Mexican food.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I've never had a "good" tortilla. Only store bought. And I eat tacos once or twice a week. It's about my favorite thing to eat, actually. This machine will raise my taco experience (and consequently, my life) to a whole other level. So glad they will be organic, too. Quality of food is so important to me. I hope you guys see the beauty in the color purple. I'm hoping purple will be an option when you decide what colors to make available. There are very loyal purple lovers out there, if you didn't know.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Mexican restaurants have things like "regulations" and "health inspections" that keep the prices high. Tortuber will match up the hungry tortilla consumer with a mexican grandmother.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
I checked this tungsten cube kickstarter that was previously in the thread because I used to know the project creator and:

:eyepop:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I checked this tungsten cube kickstarter that was previously in the thread because I used to know the project creator and:

:eyepop:

given his list of backed projects I don't think it's just the tungsten cube that he has to apologize for

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

given his list of backed projects I don't think it's just the tungsten cube that he has to apologize for

Holy poo poo they're almost all insane nonsense and useless gadgets

I think he has a problem

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

proclick. at least three wallets and several key chains

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

BattleMaster posted:

how many things has he backed that were either scams or didn't deliver? backing 75 projects is pretty fucken stupid.

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/splogue

his comments are loving hilarious though

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/splogue/comments

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

His profile led me here and oh my god

http://backerclub.co/homepage.php

There's a whole society of people dedicated to being ripped off by stupid kickstarters

Look at this, LOOK AT THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wjb6z0J804

This is incredible

Regy Rusty has a new favorite as of 03:15 on Sep 6, 2016

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Germstore posted:

proclick. at least three wallets and several key chains

Three tactical pens, three bottle openers, a whole bunch of magnetic garbage, a few different spinning tops, and

Regy Rusty posted:

His profile led me here and oh my god

http://backerclub.co/homepage.php

There's a whole society of people dedicated to being ripped off by stupid kickstarters

and for some reason it's just the cube falling through that makes him want to apologize to his child for squandering money. I didn't exhaustively check every campaign but all the ones I clicked on were successful so lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

actually from looking at his comments it could be that so many failing projects broke him and the first truly desperate comments ended up on that tungsten cube