Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
If you play in the actual co-op mode you can revive them when they die or they can revive themselves, both at cost to your team gauge. Run out of gauge and you guys lose. If you're just doing random visits then no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you're in a quick session you walk over to where they died and do the frustrated emote.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010

Belzac posted:

I don't know if the clip you linked is what you meant to show but I learned from it that the idle sword out animation for high stance has you very very very very slowly move backwards.

Youtube video went from 2 hours to 6 somehow! Fixed now, but glad we learned something from this mistake.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Belzac posted:

If you play in the actual co-op mode you can revive them when they die or they can revive themselves, both at cost to your team gauge. Run out of gauge and you guys lose. If you're just doing random visits then no.

Does it take cups to launch coop mode or is it resource free?

Passburger
May 4, 2013
Thanks for the clarification!

Buschmaki posted:

If you're in a quick session you walk over to where they died and do the frustrated emote.

If that worked, it would be funny as hell.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I don't suppose anyone knows when I open a shop or a smith or, you know, anything to spend my 10k gold on.

I just completed the first mission and met Hanzo but still don't see anything.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
The blacksmith should open after you finish the first mission I think. Pretty sure that's when I got it.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

DatonKallandor posted:

The blacksmith should open after you finish the first mission I think. Pretty sure that's when I got it.

To clarify this, the blacksmith is in the "Starting Point" map marker. And yes, you get access to it once you finish the first mission.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Thanks, found it. It's a less useful option than I thought it'd be, but what can you do.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Oxxidation posted:

Thanks, found it. It's a less useful option than I thought it'd be, but what can you do.

Yeah. Buying arrows before a mission is pretty handy, but buying the weapons is pointless.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Since they seem to be going with the classic wood carving designs for Yokai I hope they get into some of the really obscure ones with weird designs. For example, just from a quick browse of the wikipedia page:

quote:

Ashiarai Yashiki (A gargantuan foot that appears in rooms and demands the terrified home owner wash it)
Or a level full of tsukumogami(common household objects that come to life when they get old enough). Aka a level full of mimics. And of course we'll probably see the the namesake of the game, possibly as an end boss. Ornstein and Smough anyone? Or I guess it'd be more like Smough and Smough.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 6, 2016

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
^^ The mimics they've got currently are really funny. So are the tiny jumping cyclopses (which I'm thinking are Jiangshi?) - they can go into a ranged-immune stance and taunt you while dodging your shots and are generally annoying little dudes in a good way. And the loving treasure goblin/crystal lizard equivalent is just priceless. If they keep up that level of weirdness for thier future monsters the full game that'd be awesome.

Oxxidation posted:

You get soul matching after beating the caves and that makes the blacksmith really good. You're freed from having to rely on random drops to upgrade your stuff that has just the stats you want.

DatonKallandor fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 6, 2016

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Speaking of the caves, I made it to the boss, but I think I must have missed a path or something because the run from the last shrine is really long and there's a lot of stuff in this big cavern I can't reach. Is there some side road that I keep running past?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

DatonKallandor posted:

^^ The mimics they've got currently are really funny. So are the tiny jumping cyclopses (which I'm thinking are Jiangshi?) - they can go into a ranged-immune stance and taunt you while dodging your shots and are generally annoying little dudes in a good way. And the loving treasure goblin/crystal lizard equivalent is just priceless. If they keep up that level of weirdness for thier future monsters the full game that'd be awesome.

You get soul matching after beating the caves and that makes the blacksmith really good. You're freed from having to rely on random drops to upgrade your stuff that has just the stats you want.

Not Jiangshi, which are more like Chinese vampire-zombies (Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare in North Point has a good rendition), but an actual creature called Hitotsume-kozō Link Here.

Definitely hoping for more of the odd creatures that fill the Japanese canon, like the Karakasa-Obake (One-foot umbrella with one eye), Chochin-Obake (Paper Lantern ghost, like the Scream with a lantern), and Rokurokubi (Lady with stretchy neck). There's tons of weird stuff to draw from.

Yeah, the house filled with old objects that came to life like mimics would be an amazing terror level, which ends with a fight against the owner of the house, possibly controlled by the various old-rear end items he owns. Like Extreme Hoarders: Nightmare Edition.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

Speaking of the caves, I made it to the boss, but I think I must have missed a path or something because the run from the last shrine is really long and there's a lot of stuff in this big cavern I can't reach. Is there some side road that I keep running past?

when you run down the cliffside further down the caves, look for a place you can jump off with one of those oni portals. theres a shrine there

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Davincie posted:

when you run down the cliffside further down the caves, look for a place you can jump off with one of those oni portals. theres a shrine there

Success. Thanks!

e: the only thing that really sucks now is my Internet crapped out when I finished the first stage, so now I can't download the reward.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 6, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

J.A.B.C. posted:

Not Jiangshi, which are more like Chinese vampire-zombies (Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare in North Point has a good rendition), but an actual creature called Hitotsume-kozō Link Here.

Definitely hoping for more of the odd creatures that fill the Japanese canon, like the Karakasa-Obake (One-foot umbrella with one eye), Chochin-Obake (Paper Lantern ghost, like the Scream with a lantern), and Rokurokubi (Lady with stretchy neck). There's tons of weird stuff to draw from.

Yeah, the house filled with old objects that came to life like mimics would be an amazing terror level, which ends with a fight against the owner of the house, possibly controlled by the various old-rear end items he owns. Like Extreme Hoarders: Nightmare Edition.

Also the wall mimics are Nurikabe.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Where exactly is this since when I went there I fought those two cyclop guys and then the mission ended.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm so excited for the pvp in this game, I hope they have another beta test to refine it because I really think it could be great.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Monolith. posted:

Where exactly is this since when I went there I fought those two cyclop guys and then the mission ended.

unlocks after you finish the caves stage

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Success. Thanks!

e: the only thing that really sucks now is my Internet crapped out when I finished the first stage, so now I can't download the reward.

You can get the rewards from the main menu - wait a little and it'll say press square to download rewards in the top right.

Is the chest mimic also a cool historical japanese monster?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
They're tanuki. They are real, very cute animals that look like a cross between a raccoon and a dog. Japanese folklore paints them as well-meaning, alcoholic tricksters with a talent for shapeshifting magic and massive multipurpose testicles. So yes, they are the coolest Japanese monster.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

SkeletonHero posted:

massive multipurpose testicles

Mods, change my name to this.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm very sad that this doesn't have a concrete release date. Here's hoping they hit this year!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Yodzilla posted:

I'm very sad that this doesn't have a concrete release date. Here's hoping they hit this year!

While it's still just vague wording, at least from everything I can see they're still shooting for "Late 2016" and we're hitting Q4 of the year so. :buddy:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Well it's nice that two of the nights I intended to play this got eaten by maintenance.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah. I didn't beat it. Oh well. Can't wait to buy it though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Now that the beta is done, what did y'all mention in your survey if you filled it out?

All I mentioned was the aiming and the idea of more fleshed out hand to hand combat.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I focused on things that they could actually accomplish with a December release date. Sorry for the typos:

I then wrote a big pastebin of suggestions and linked that in my suggestion part:
http://pastebin.com/TPTUZJ46

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
The aiming felt pretty good but I did experience weird hitches every so often. I asked them not to drop the difficulty anymore since its just hard enough to make you keep playing and not give up. I do kind of miss the durability but its fine that they got rid of it. I asked for more sweet samurai armors for fashion Nioh.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm a bit worried that with the loot system none of the weapons or armor are ever going to feel special or unique. Maybe crafting will help that, I didn't touch it in the beta.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The weapons were never going to feel unique since they're tied to five weapon types to begin with.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't care if they feel special or unique. The problem I ran into was that random loot was never, ever good. Like regular enemies dropping loot never dropped items better than from fixed drops and dev revenants.

It's not a big deal though, because I really like the shrine offering system.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I can't say I really had that problem, at least not until I beat Muneshige and it basically gave me his full set which was better than anything else.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

I like that with Soul Matching even regular loot could be useful if it was higher level than what you have. That system as a whole is cool because you can get the boni you want on a piece you like the visuals of and just keep dragging it with forever. It makes fashion Nioh easier and it makes specific builds that need specific stats (like tanky with health recovery) easier.

It does mean anything not pink (I think pink is the one that could have all the spots for extra stuff filled in?) not worth really looking at beyond the level it has.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

http://i.imgur.com/1zRtd5s.gifv

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Yodzilla posted:

I'm a bit worried that with the loot system none of the weapons or armor are ever going to feel special or unique. Maybe crafting will help that, I didn't touch it in the beta.

I said this earlier in the thread but the loot system hurts the hand crafted world/hand placed loot corpses because what's the point of trying to get a loot shiny that's an obvious trap when it's just going to be consumables or a weapon worst than your current one?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

:five:

I need more of this weird Onimusha Souls Gaiden game and soon.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

"We must leave meow. No one wants tabby late."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
They should make this a Playstation 4 Pro launch title because it was supposed to be a Playstation 3 launch title